Page 127 of 222 FirstFirst . 117 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 137 . LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Denton?

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    _ Why do y'all keep calling them "Denton" as opposed to N.Texas? Not a flame - just trying to make sure i didn't miss a really funny joke (you know, like UL, corner of Johnston and University - Geaux ULCJU!!!) _
    You know, we get called "Lafayette" by every moron too lazy to use our proper nameUL, or Louisiana.

we are just passing the fun along down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ You know, we get called "Lafayette" by every moron too lazy to use our proper nameUL, or Louisiana.

we are just passing the fun along down the line. _
    I think we got "Lafayette-ed" a lot by the UNT coach, too.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ I think we got "Lafayette-ed" a lot by the UNT coach, too. _
    You know, we get called "Lafayette" by every moron too lazy to use our proper nameUL, or Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ You know, we get called "Lafayette" by every moron too lazy to use our proper nameUL, or Louisiana.
    _
    Didn't you just say that? Or maybe it's just me .

Hey, who's our rival?

5. UL Football From 1st to worst: UNT struggling

Rickey Bustle, now in his seventh year as UL's head football coach, admits he can feel Todd Dodge's pain.

Dodge, now in his second year as the head coach at North Texas, has struggled to turn around the one-time Sun Belt power. The Mean Green (0-5 overall, 0-1 SBC) enters Saturday's game against the Ragin' Cajuns (2-3, 1-0) with a 2-15 record in Dodge's two seasons at the helm.

"I don't need to talk with him because I know what that's about," said Bustle, who is 28-47 in seven years at UL. "I know what he's going through, and I know what I'm still going through."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 10, 2008

6. UL Football UL blockers paving way for ground attack

UL — Ron Hudson isn’t shy about expressing gratitude on the University of Louisiana offensive line he coaches. “I thank them every day for letting me coach them,” Hudson says.

Hudson’s sentiments should also receive a loud amen from UL’s running backs.

There’s been a lot of yardage gained lately when UL’s blockers move off the line of scrimmage.

The Cajuns currently lead the nation in rushing, averaging 331 yards per game and rank No. 8 in total offense (517).

UL running back Tyrell Fenroy needs 250 yards to become only the seventh player in NCAA history to rush for more than 1,000 during each of his four seasons.

The rest of the story

By BOB ARDOIN
    Special to The Advocate

7. UL Football Fenroy needs 30 yards to pass Sun Belt Great Patrick Cobbs

Patrick Cobbs knew this weekend was coming nearly three years ago, when he left North Texas to chase his dream of an NFL career.

Cobbs ran roughshod over the Sun Belt Conference, racking up 21 career 100-yard rushing games while helping lead the Mean Green to four straight conference titles. By the time Cobbs graduated, he had set several school and conference records, one of which will likely fall this weekend at Fouts Field, where some of the more memorable moments in his career took place.

UNT will host Louisiana on Saturday, when senior Tyrell Fenroy will need just 30 yards to break Cobbs' Sun Belt career rushing record of 4,050.

"I had heard he was pretty close," Cobbs said this week. "I only started for two seasons, so I knew my record was going to be broken. He should be the new standard for running backs in the league."

The rest of the story

By Brett Vito
    www.DentonRC.com

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ Didn't you just say that? Or maybe it's just me .

Hey, who's our rival? _
    Denton

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    Why do y'all keep calling them "Denton" as opposed to N.Texas? Not a flame - just trying to make sure i didn't miss a really funny joke (you know, like UL, corner of Johnston and University - Geaux ULCJU!!!) _
    Monkey see, monkey do.

a/k/a "Dentonio" in Texican

UL Football This guy deserves it

Not sure if it has been posted yet but here you go. More Fenroy love.

http://www.ragincajuns.com/HomePageRIBER_CONTENT=

Check out Ragin Station. Fenroy Featured on ESPN

Ragin' Cajuns Overlooking North Texas!

I'm tired of everyone saying we have no business looking forward to Arkansas Sate, or our biggest rival is North Texas because it is the next game. I don't think anyone, players or people who spend time on here, are overlooking North Texas. I think we all see North Texas for what they are; GOD AWFUL. I think we go into Denton and handle them easily.
    For the past ten years, every time the Cajuns get some kind of momentum, everyone gets nervous about looking past an opponent and we come out more afraid of losing than going out and dominating. If you look at successful teams at any level they have a certain swagger or confidence about them that is intimidating to opposing teams. Instead of being nervous about this North Texas game, why can't we just go in knowing that they can not stay on the same field as the Cajuns and dominate from opening kickoff to victory formation!
    I know alot of people wil not agree with my post, but thats my piece on it!

This is so COOL Re: Overlooking North Texas!

I agree! Let's enjoy the moment.

Check out the great things CFTN has to say about us.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/776802.html

Default Re: Overlooking North Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by mickzat View Post
    _ I agree! Let's enjoy the moment.

Check out the great things CFTN has to say about us.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/776802.html _
    Yeah you right. I had some expectations going into this season and here's a game where the Cajuns can vindicate me. Now, pass me some Pepto

Default Re: This guy deserves it

That's great. He deserves it. I wish that they had shown a few of his long runs from the ULM game to show his speed.

Default Re: Overlooking North Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    _ I'm tired of everyone saying we have no business looking forward to Arkansas Sate, or our biggest rival is North Texas because it is the next game. I don't think anyone, players or people who spend time on here, are overlooking North Texas. I think we all see North Texas for what they are; GOD AWFUL. I think we go into Denton and handle them easily.
    For the past ten years, every time the Cajuns get some kind of momentum, everyone gets nervous about looking past an opponent and we come out more afraid of losing than going out and dominating. If you look at successful teams at any level they have a certain swagger or confidence about them that is intimidating to opposing teams. Instead of being nervous about this North Texas game, why can't we just go in knowing that they can not stay on the same field as the Cajuns and dominate from opening kickoff to victory formation!
    I know alot of people wil not agree with my post, but thats my piece on it! _
    That's because almost every time we've had a chance to do something great we have fallen on our faces and disappointed. I don't expect that this weekend; but you can't fault people for feeling concerned about deja vu all over again. Time to see a big crowd for 3-3 UL versus ASU!

Thread Information