Page 118 of 222 FirstFirst . 108 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 128 . LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Bustle Job Security.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ Since last season most of us have been screaming for Bustles head. In fact, it was a very popular topic in the offseason. So I have to ask.does our current level of play show enough for Bustle to keep his job. The team has clearly improved and (SO FAR) we have played some very good football.Opinions??? _
    We are 1-2! I say keep his head on the block until the end of the season then lets see. A loss at ULM would be unthinkable. I don't want to go back to square one but after seven years? I think we deserve the New Orleans Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ We are 1-2! I say keep his head on the block until the end of the season then lets see. A loss at ULM would be unthinkable. I don't want to go back to square one but after seven years? I think we deserve the New Orleans Bowl. _
    we are 1-3

3. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Bustle Job Security.

_ We are 1-2! I say keep his head on the block until the end of the season then lets see. A loss at ULM would be unthinkable. I don't want to go back to square one but after seven years? I think we deserve the New Orleans Bowl. _

You have to look at the guy's entire body of work: less than impressive. Anything less than the New Orleans Bowl this year and he should be gone. If the team does get a bowl bid, then he gets one more year to prove himself.

we need to either win the Sunbelt or be very close at season's end. Too much of the same thing. The "close but no cigar" attitude is getting old. I do like the youth we have and I like the direction we're heading. Keep up the great work and settle for nothinng less than a W and he'll be back.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Well we went almost an entire week without negativity.

6. Default Re: Bustle Job Security.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Well we went almost an entire week without negativity. _
    Moral victory???

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    _ Moral victory???
    _
    26.5 hrs more was all we needed Charlie!!!

8. Default Re: Bustle Job Security.

Bad timing for the 'Q' in my opinion. . .But I do see how the window could exist.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Bad timing for the 'Q' in my opinion. . .But I do see how the window could exist.

igeaux.mobi _

I figure by about 930 tomorrow night, we'll know if the moratorium on negativity should be lifted or not

Thanks for the great board, T-bine

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Well we went almost an entire week without negativity. _
    Hey I said we were 1-2. USM didn't count. We should get a do over.
    A "W' over ULM would do wonders for Bustle and UL. Beating ULM would add so many positives. His record against ULM is horrible. It would also be a conference win. It is very doable and if I was a betting man, I would bet the Cajuns will win.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ Since last season most of us have been screaming for Bustles head. In fact, it was a very popular topic in the offseason. So I have to ask.does our current level of play show enough for Bustle to keep his job. The team has clearly improved and (SO FAR) we have played some very good football.Opinions??? _

If the play is sustained, yes. Unless of course the university can come up with about 400k to hire a new coach. I just don't think we will necessarily get better with the money we pay. The play has been at a much higher level so far this year and I think the youth we have in the program shows a lot of promise. If we get to 6-6 or 7-5, I have no problem giving more time.

_ Hey I said we were 1-2. USM didn't count. We should get a do over.
    A "W' over ULM would do wonders for Bustle and UL. Beating ULM would add so many positives. His record against ULM is horrible. It would also be a conference win. It is very doable and if I was a betting man, I would bet the Cajuns will win. _

I must admit that it is nice to be here when you are in such a positive frame of mind. Where have you been all this time??

_ Hey I said we were 1-2. USM didn't count. We should get a do over.
    A "W' over ULM would do wonders for Bustle and UL. Beating ULM would add so many positives. His record against ULM is horrible. It would also be a conference win. It is very doable and if I was a betting man, I would bet the Cajuns will win. _
    Ya'll be careful on your trip up.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ I must admit that it is nice to be here when you are in such a positive frame of mind. Where have you been all this time?? _
    I've always been here. When you are in the _____ and people are pulling rainbows after crushing defeats and praise the coach well I just don't see the logic in that. We all want the same thing. I successful Ragin Cajun football program. Bustle was the one that must do it. We really can't afford another regime change unless it is necessary. After USM I thought well here we go again. If it is this year then God bless him and let's forget the pass and enjoy. If not run the dude out of town.

Answer these simple questions.

1. How long is Bustle under contract with us?
    2. If he is fired, will we have enough money to pay 2 coaches?
    3. We can not accept another coach at the "newbie" level. With that said it will take $$ to bring someone here.
    4. Again, will we have enough money to pay 2 coaches?

In my opinion, Bustle is here for a few more years (I do not know the length of his contract. 2012?). Lets put our effort in supporting this team who is showing us they have HEART. They want to win more than we do.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Thread Information