Page 117 of 222 FirstFirst . 107 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 127 . LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. UL Football Alumni Bus Sold Out, UPC Still Available

The University Program Council is taking a "ROAD TRIP" to the UL vs. UL Monroe football game in Monroe, LA on Saturday, October 4th. The cost is $40 for students only, which includes the bus ride, game ticket, and tailgating food and drinks. Sign up at the Student Union info desk or call 482-6939 for more information.

Also, individual game tickets are on sale for $20, available at the Student Union info desk.

RaginCajuns.com

2. UL Football Mid-Week Practice Report

Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns practiced on Sunday evening at Cajun Field following Saturday’s tough defeat at Kansas State. The Cajuns worked on a lot of special teams and scout periods on Sunday.

As usual, the team practiced in full pads on Tuesday and shorts and shoulder pads on Wednesday. The Cajuns will practice on Thursday before departing via charter bus on Friday afternoon for Monroe.

RaginCajuns.com

3. UL Football Five questions for running backs coach Brian Jenkins

Q: How did practice go this week?

Jenkins: "The guys practiced hard, with focus and with detail.”

Q: What do people need to know about ULM?

Jenkins: "They are a talented football team that flies around and does good things. They are hungry and we are going to need our ‘A’ game. We have some similarities on offense. They have an electrifying quarterback and we have the same. They have a back who is a tough runner and we certainly have the same. Their receivers can make plays and we have the same.”

Q: What does the scouting report say about the ULM defense?

Jenkins: "They’ve had an open week to prepare for us and they might change some things. ULM is going to be sound, solid and disciplined. Offensively, we need to do what we do best.”

Q: What is the team’s mentality heading into the conference opener?

Jenkins: "The attitude is great and the intensity level is high. This game mean’s a little bit more because it’s an in-state rivalry and they’ve had our number the last few years. Our guys are taking the same approach, working during the week to win on Saturday.”

Q: Some weeks it’s been the Cajuns running game that’s been on, but other weeks it was the passing game that couldn’t be stopped. Will we see both be dominant in the same game?

Jenkins: “We are going to do what we can to win the football game. Some games the running game can’t be stopped and others we are able to throw the ball. That’s been the case in the games we’ve played already, but we are always prepared and we’ll use whatever aspects we need to win.”

RaginCajuns.com

4. UL Football Official UL Injury Report

Injury Report (as of Wednesday, Oct. 1, 2008)

Brad Bryant, OL (ill – probable)
    Brad Bustle, OL (knee – probable)
    Jeremy Cook, DL (ill – probable, upgraded from doubtful)
    Michael Desormeaux, QB (ribs – probable)
    Ross Goodlett, WR (ankle – probable)
    Junior Jean, DB (shoulder – doubtful)
    Erik Jones, TE (arm – probable)
    Sharrick Moore, DL (knee – probable, upgraded from questionable)
    Julian Shankle, RB (ankle – probable, upgraded from doubtful).

RaginCajuns.com

Default Re: Official UL Injury Report

Wow, we get Shankle and Cook back. I really like Cook a lot. I thought he was going to be a starter at DE going into the season but I think he gives us a lot when he's on the field. Also good to make sure our starting OL stays intact and fairly healthy. Good for the running game

Track & Field Re: Official UL Injury Report

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Wow, we get Shankle and Cook back. I really like Cook a lot. I thought he was going to be a starter at DE going into the season but I think he gives us a lot when he's on the field. Also good to make sure our starting OL stays intact and fairly healthy. Good for the running game _

Cook plays like his hair is on fire, a pleasure to watch.

Default Re: Official UL Injury Report

Quote Originally Posted by drumroll View Post
    _ Cook plays like his hair is on fire, a pleasure to watch. _

He stuck out the most to me in the preseason and fall scrimmages. I was a little surprised that he wasn't named starter over Hall Davis but Davis has played OK also. I want to see Cook raising hell Saturday!

8. UL Football UL Passing Game moving up: 29 spots from last year.

After ranking 115th nationally out of 119 Bowl Subdivision schools last year in passing, UL has made steady improvement through the air this season.

UL quarterback Mike Desormeaux leads the way for an aerial attack that ranks 86th in the country at 189.5 yards per game. The senior, who tossed 10 interceptions last season, has thrown only two picks in four games this year.

Since throwing two early interceptions against Southern Miss in the season opener, Desormeaux has attempted 98 consecutive passes without a pick. That covers a span of 15 quarters.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 3, 2008

9. UL Football Former teammates meet for final time when Cajuns visit ULM

Sometime today, UL quarterback Mike Desormeaux expects to get a phone call from an old friend.

On the other end of the phone will be ULM tight end Zeek Zacharie, one of Desormeaux's former teammates at Catholic-NI.

Since graduating from high school in 2004, Desormeaux and Zacharie have talked on the phone or communicated through text messages as much as possible on a weekly basis.

"Usually we talk on Fridays or text message each other if it's too late," Desormeaux said. "We talk every weekend, either before or after the game."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 3, 2008

10. UL Football Desormeaux to Desormeaux was a special moment for Mike

UL — Of the 260 passes Mike Desormeaux has completed at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, maybe none were more special than the one he threw Sept. 20 in the second half against Kent State.
    That 16-yard, late-game completion fell into the hands of a familiar target — Desormeaux’s younger brother, tight end Matt Desormeaux.

“It was something special, a moment that was amazing, certainly something I will remember all my life,” Mike Desormeaux said.

The moment was also historic, since it was the first college reception for Matt Desormeaux, a sophomore who plays on nearly every special team.

The rest of the story

By BOB ARDOIN
    Special to The Advocate

Default Re: Desormeaux to Desormeaux was a special moment for Mike

Great article!

UL Football Bustle Job Security.

Since last season most of us have been screaming for Bustles head. In fact, it was a very popular topic in the offseason. So I have to ask.does our current level of play show enough for Bustle to keep his job. The team has clearly improved and (SO FAR) we have played some very good football.Opinions???

Default Re: Bustle Job Security.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ Since last season most of us have been screaming for Bustles head. In fact, it was a very popular topic in the offseason. So I have to ask.does our current level of play show enough for Bustle to keep his job. The team has clearly improved and (SO FAR) we have played some very good football.Opinions??? _
    No

Default Re: Bustle Job Security.

alot of football left, i'll tell you at the end of the season.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Bustle Job Security.

Funny thing right now is that there are a bunch of butt-wipes on the chickenhawk board speculating about whether Coach B would be fired IF they beat us!! MAN, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET UP THERE AND WATCH THE CAJUNS KICK THE CRAP OUT OF THOSE GUYS!!!

Thread Information