Page 113 of 222 FirstFirst . 103 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 123 . LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. ooh LA La. Re: For The Love of Pete.

What is wrong with . . .

UL's Pride of Acadiana

Louisiana's Pride of Acadiana

The Pride of Acadiana the Sound of Louisiana.

ps the 1st reference I have found to the pride of Acadiana is in the 1960's and USL. I havent found it for SLI.

In SLI days the band had a slogan "Get on the Southwestern BULL DOGS Band Wagon."

Default Re: Finally Undrea Sails cleared to play

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Has he even been able to practice with the team yet? Does he know the plays? Can he play on Saturday or is this last minute approval too late for this week?
    Sails practiced for 14 days during the August camp period. That was allowed by NCAA rules for folks with unresolved academic situations. He will have practiced yesterday and today prior to Saturday. He will also go through tomorrow's walkthrough. He will play this week.

Default Re: Finally Undrea Sails cleared to play

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ Take the ball from MD and run toward the opposing team's goal posts. oh, and run really fast toward the spaces between players with the uniform colors not like ours. real, real fast. Oh, and don't drop the ball. Coach Jenkins don't go for that shat. _

Learn pass routes, pass protection schemes and who you block so your QB doesn't get destroyed Pretty simple heh??

4. Default Re: Finally. Undrea Sails cleared to play

If I have it right he was on the same page with the 1s and the2s and not with the scouters!!! Yes there is a lot to know but if he has had to playbook to study and watching ever day he can contribute!!!!

Default Re: Finally. Undrea Sails cleared to play

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ If I have it right he was on the same page with the 1s and the2s and not with the scouters!!! Yes there is a lot to know but if he has had to playbook to study and watching ever day he can contribute!!!! _

Correct but come on, there is a big difference between studying a playbook and playing a full speed and reacting especially once adjustments have to be made.

Guys remember we have Fenroy. I don't think he will need to know the whole playbook just a package or two

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Shammy View Post
    _ Guys remember we have Fenroy. I don't think he will need to know the whole playbook just a package or two

igeaux.mobi _

You are correct. However, Tyrell has not played a full 12 game season as of yet so I do worry about his durability as much as he runs between the tackles and plays on a run first team. We NEED to worry about a complimentary back who can come in and spell him. If Fenroy isn't running, that means that Des will be running. He ran 17 times last week and I think that is too much for your starting QB to run. It's only a matter of time before he gets injured.See last year. The loss of D. Wallace was huge for this team.

I was just saying with a short week for sails that he only needs a few packages for this week then add to it next week. Ur right that DES and fenroy carry alot of weight on offense. Sails will help!

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: For The Love of Pete.

As a member of the Pride of ACADIANA from 1972 to 1976 the only thing I have to say is OBVIOUSLY, those that were not in the Pride of ACADIANA just don't get it. The Pride of ACADIANA has been a TRADITION for as long as I can remember.

There have been so many threads on this board moaning the fact that we have no traditions. How can we have any traditions when everybody wants to change things around.

10. Default Re: For The Love of Pete.

I suggested Louisiana's Pride of Acadiana because I can't find any early reference that didn't attach it to the school.

This is a 1968 headline.

Attached Images Attached Images  

11. Ragin' Cajuns Re: For The Love of Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    _ As a member of the Pride of ACADIANA from 1972 to 1976 the only thing I have to say is OBVIOUSLY, those that were not in the Pride of ACADIANA just don't get it. The Pride of ACADIANA has been a TRADITION for as long as I can remember.

There have been so many threads on this board moaning the fact that we have no traditions. How can we have any traditions when everybody wants to change things around. _
    Thank you Helmut.

Turbine, Louisiana's Pride of Acadiana is a great idea. I mean, its what we call our athletic teams, I don't see why we can't use it for the band too!

UL Football Re: Dude, no way!

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    Did we really just rack up over 660 yards of offense and NOT get the offensive player of the week? Hmmmm.
    Yes, we got screwed.I thought the same thing when I went looking to see who won it. I was expecting to see who had won it between Dez and Fenroy, and was shocked when neither had. And Leonard's stats were not as good.hmmmm

"Things that make you go hmmmm" for 100 Alex.

13. Default Re: Finally. Undrea Sails cleared to play

speaking of running backs---did anybody see USC and OSU???? That Rodgers I think is 5'6" 185 and just killed the #1 team in the nation!!!!1

14. UL Football KSU Profile: Coach Prince

From an early age, Ron Prince learned a valuable lesson from his father, one that stuck with him as he pursued his dream of becoming a collegiate head football coach.

"As my father said, 'If I was good enough I'd get an opportunity,'" Prince said. "'And if I was great enough, I'd get to keep it.'"

After 14 seasons as an assistant, and three as Virginia's offensive coordinator, Prince finally got his opportunity when Kansas State picked him to lead the program on Dec. 5, 2005. It was a homecoming of sorts for Prince, who grew up 20 miles west of K-State's campus in Junction City.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • September 26, 2008

15. UL Football Opponent View: Scouting the Ragin' Cajuns

Three things about Louisiana-Lafayette

1. Louisiana, or Louisiana-Lafayette, has produced its share of NFL talent. Denver Broncos receiver Brandon Stokely, Carolina quarterback Jake Delhomme and former return man extraordinaire Brian Mitchell are three notable alums. All three have their numbers retired.

2. UL coach Rickey Bustle and Ron Prince are familiar with each other from their days in the state of Virginia. Prince, as we all know, was the offensive line coach and offensive coordinator at the University of Virginia, but did you know Bustle was the offensive coordinator at rival Virginia Tech? They never faced each other, though, until now. Bustle was in Blacksburg from 1995-2000, and Prince was in Charlottesville from 2001-05.

The rest of the story

Thread Information