Page 110 of 222 FirstFirst . 100 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 120 . LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: For The Love of Pete.

The band is THE PRIDE OF ACADIANA, is and always should be. Another former member of The Pride of Acadiana.

2. Ragin' Cajuns Re: For The Love of Pete.

Agreed. A CURRENT member of the PRIDE OF ACADIANA

I made it a point to stay after the game and sing the alma mater while they played it. Had a friend next to me look at me strange cuz I actually knew the words.

And you can make Louisiana work in place of Southwestern. Phonetically, I say "Lwee-zee-anna". The "Lwee" is one syllable and the "l" is VERY briefly pronounced with the "wee" getting the biggest chunk of that one syllable.

I too enjoy it very much, the alma mater being played. I've always been an advocate of when we play the fight song at the end of the basketball games, putting the words up on the video screen, same with the alma mater at the football games.

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS FOOTBALL!!!

p.s.- nice little "name" tidbit Stevie P said on his show this morning that the K-State press release has our name listed as "University of Louisiana (formerly known as University of Louisiana at Lafayette)"

Default Dude, no way!

Did we really just rack up over 660 yards of offense and NOT get the offensive player of the week? Hmmmm.

5. Default Re: Dude, no way!

A travesty

Desormeaux (UL QB)           Leonard (ASU QB)

Rushed for 150 Rushed for 74
    Passed for 253 Passed for 292
    Total yards 403 total Yards 366

6. Default Re: Dude, no way!

Corey Leonard 2 Passing TD's

Michael Desormaux 1 Passing TD, 1 Rushing TD.

With all things being equal, at worst Dez should have beaten out Leonard, but the real travesty here is Fenroy not getting it.

194 Yards Rushing
    68 Yards Recieving
    3 TD's Scored

My choice for POW:
    1a. Tyrell Fenroy
    1b. Michael Desormeaux
    3. Corey Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    _
    GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS FOOTBALL!!!

p.s.- nice little "name" tidbit Stevie P said on his show this morning that the K-State press release has our name listed as "University of Louisiana (formerly known as University of Louisiana at Lafayette)" _
    Well that explains that anguished moaning sound I heard carried on the north wind this morning!

Default Re: Dude, no way!

who is corey leonard?

enough said.

ps. i really dont know who that is

SBC is loving hard on that arkansas state team, are they really that good?

http://www.sunbeltsports.org/ViewArt.ATCLID=1587411

10. Alumni Re: For The Love of Pete.

I sent a message to BT on Facebook about making the Alma Mater more prevalent after the game. I'll let y'all know what he says when I get back from work tonight!

I think we need to keep the Alma Mater like it is. You can change the words to a fight song, but you don't change the words to an alma mater. It transcends everything. The "Southwestern" goes back to 1900, when we were the Southwestern Louisiana Industrial Institute. Of the few traditions we have, this is a major one. We don't want to go changing our traditions around do we? Our Alma Mater, with "Southwestern" included, reminds us of where we started, and everything our school's gone through to make it the outstanding University it is today. I, for one, will be singing of my ".beloved old Southwestern!" until the day I die, no matter if the lyrics change or not. Yes, I want us to be the University of Louisiana, I am 100% behind this, and I hope that one day that'll become a reality, but the Alma Mater is one thing I don't want to change at all.

The same holds true for the PoA. We have always been the Pride of Acadiana. This is one tradition I think needs to be held onto as well. We are becoming a nationally know university, (Slowly, but surely its happening.) and I am very proud of that! We also need to know our roots though, and announcing us as the Pride of Acadiana reminds us that we're right here in the middle of the best place on the face of the Earth, Acadiana, Cajun Country, Sportsmans' Paradise! That's something we need to hold on to. I'll never forget my former, current and future years in the PoA! And when I'm old, and I'm sitting in the stands watching the Cajuns play, I'll still get chills when I hear 'Pride of Acadiana!"

Quote Originally Posted by cajunsjmt View Post
    _ The band is THE PRIDE OF ACADIANA, is and always should be. Another former member of The Pride of Acadiana. _

I understand your connection to the old name. But, that was when we were USL. We are not Southwestern Louisiana and we are not the University of Acadiana. We are the University of Louisiana. My only point is that we need to do everything we can to capture the name and have a singular identity for our university. No more Louisiana Lafayette, UL Lafayette, U LA LA, ULL, Acadiana, etc. etc.

I am all for maintaining traditions, but not at the expense of recognition. We can start new traditions under our rightful name. I don't know that I would call the Pride of Acadiana a tradition. It is simply a name. The band was also called the Ragin Band from Cajun Land. I still think the Pride of Louisiana is better and more reflective of who we are. And, it is in step with the singular identity we need to have.

It is the same with KRVS (Radio voice of Southwestern). Just another area where we are no longer Southwestern Louisiana, so I think we should try to change the letters of the station to reflect our name today, perhaps KRVL.

We will likely agree to disagree on this. You were part of the band and have a connection to the name and I understand and appreciate that. It is just my opinion, but I think the greater good for UL is to have the singular recognition as Louisiana in all forms, from athletics to the band to the radio station to all areas connected with UL.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    _ Did we really just rack up over 660 yards of offense and NOT get the offensive player of the week? Hmmmm. _

Not only did we not get any awards, but I don't recall our even being mentioned.

IM in agreement with my boy derf. I mean its going to be Pride of Acadiana so just deal with it. Since i was a member from 01-06 We were being called UL then . To me the band name means alot to the people in it now and in the past. We live in a very specific part of the state. I dont claim monroe to be apart of Louisiana, although technically it is. Taking pride in our part of our state is a wonderous thing that no one can take away from us.

GEAUX CAJUNS

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ SBC is loving hard on that arkansas state team, are they really that good?

http://www.sunbeltsports.org/ViewArt.ATCLID=1587411 _
    They are legit! I think they will beat Memphis for the 3rd straight time this weekend. That would put them at 4-1 on the year with 1 OOC game left on the schedule against Alabama. Corey Leonard and Reggie Arnold are very good players!

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ They are legit! I think they will beat Memphis for the 3rd straight time this weekend.
    WOW! 3 times in one weekend! They ARE legit !!!

Thread Information