Page 105 of 222 FirstFirst . 95 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 115 . LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: My Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ I have a feeling that without the rain, we might have seen easily over 20,000. Jay announced that paid attendance was over 20k and there were a lot of people that left because of the rain. I know in our group there were at least 12 people that left. _
    There were many people who took advantage of a free tailgating/camping spot for the weekend to watch LSU on TV. This must STOP!

Default Re: Kent St. Synopsis

I like to stay and give congrats to the players. Win or lose I plan to stay to the end. I was surprised to turn around during the second quarter. When the game first started there were lots of empty spots, but filled up nicely. At least they showed up. A lot of people rushed to catch the ending of that LSU game. You know. the house divided peeps!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    _ There were many people who took advantage of a free tailgating/camping spot for the weekend to watch LSU on TV. This must STOP! _

Unfortunately, this is all of the time. For whatever reason there were very few people in the parking lot in the fourth quarter. I wish they'd institute the much needed rule of either making you leave or enter the game once the first quarter has ended. If we had 80% of the people that come to tailgate, we'd put 25k in that stadium every night.

_ Unfortunately, this is all of the time. For whatever reason there were very few people in the parking lot in the fourth quarter. I wish they'd institute the much needed rule of either making you leave or enter the game once the first quarter has ended. If we had 80% of the people that come to tailgate, we'd put 25k in that stadium every night. _
    Yeah I know somethings will probably never change. But I would like for someone to grow some balls and come up with a plan to institute a rule that mandates these type of people/areas to have season tickets. They dont have to go to the game if they dont want but at least they would be paying something.

I am tired of hearing the excuse that things will change next year. The athletic department has been saying that for to long. This program needs money and fans that back the program. Not ignorant people that freeload.

_ Unfortunately, this is all of the time. For whatever reason there were very few people in the parking lot in the fourth quarter. I wish they'd institute the much needed rule of either making you leave or enter the game once the first quarter has ended. If we had 80% of the people that come to tailgate, we'd put 25k in that stadium every night. _
    I think you guys are correct that the rain really kept the crowd down. Shortly before the skies opened up one of the folks at the Eauxk got a call from a friend who stated that security was no longer allowing people inot the parking lot since it was full and were directing them to the Cajundome parking area. Once the reains came I saw a large number of folks particularly females and older fans heading for cars to depart.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ McGuire threw a TD pass to Hill in Week 1. He has not scored a TD as of yet. _
    In the Statistics page of the new Geaux Magazine (very nice improvement over the "quickquarter" program of the recent past) it credits McGuire with one TD.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaginCajun06 View Post
    _ I like to stay and give congrats to the players. Win or lose I plan to stay to the end. I was surprised to turn around during the second quarter. When the game first started there were lots of empty spots, but filled up nicely. At least they showed up. A lot of people rushed to catch the ending of that LSU game. You know. the house divided peeps! _
    No division in my house. My wife and I each have 2 degrees from UL, my oldest son has one, and my youngest is a first semester freshman at UL. We are a Vermilion & White family through and through! I did however leave a little early. I think there were about 30 seconds left when we got up to head for the car and our 2 hour drive back to Mandeville. Normally I don't leave even that early, but usually I am solo. This time, we had gotten up early and gone to Baton Rouge for 7am to clean hurricane debris till noon. Then we headed to Lafayette. After the Cajuns didn't score at the end, my wife was ready to go. I didn't object.

8. Default Re: My Thoughts.

i KNOW OF ONE NEW RULE THAT HAS HAD i THINK A LIL EFFECT---iF YOU HAVE A TGAITING SPACE YOU MUST HAVE A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF SEASON TICKETS TO REGISTER THE AREA!!!! a START!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ No division in my house. My wife and I each have 2 degrees from UL, my oldest son has one, and my youngest is a first semester freshman at UL. We are a Vermilion & White family through and through! I did however leave a little early. I think there were about 30 seconds left when we got up to head for the car and our 2 hour drive back to Mandeville. Normally I don't leave even that early, but usually I am solo. This time, we had gotten up early and gone to Baton Rouge for 7am to clean hurricane debris till noon. Then we headed to Lafayette. After the Cajuns didn't score at the end, my wife was ready to go. I didn't object. _
    You drove from Mandeville? Why thats more than 30 minutes on the road! I've read somewhere on here that is an impossible burden to overcome!!!!

Default Re: For The Love of Pete.

Not your imagination. I made a comment to some other former marchers last night that even though the numbers are down a bit, I do like the new proportions of brass to woodwinds.

Could use a few more newer charts for the band though. Something the kids could enjoy.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: For The Love of Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by derf View Post
    _ Doesn't fit the scheme. Syllabic difference, but I know what you mean. _
    Actually it does and the word was officially changed shortly after the official Name change went into effect. I could sing it for you, but that just wouldn't work here.

12. Default Re: For The Love of Pete.

ok---WHO CAN POST THE MUSIC AND WORDS---LIKE SINGING ----SO WE CAN LEARN IT????? i AM ALL GAME--i WAS IN A MUSICAL ONE TIME AND SINCE i CAN'T READ MUSIC HAD TO TAPE THE SONG AND BRING IT HOME TO PLAY ON MY PIANO----CAME OUT OK!!!! Anyway a good way for all to learn!!!!!

i think there might be one some where thorough the university School of music.

go to the link on the first post Boom. there is a short intro (like 2 measures I think) then just start singing you heart out. there is a recording of the band playing and the lyrics are right there above the player bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ i KNOW OF ONE NEW RULE THAT HAS HAD i THINK A LIL EFFECT---iF YOU HAVE A TGAITING SPACE YOU MUST HAVE A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF SEASON TICKETS TO REGISTER THE AREA!!!! a START!!!!! _
    Hey, Boom, you need to check your caps, man!

Thread Information