Page 104 of 222 FirstFirst . 94 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 114 . LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. Ragin' Cajuns Re: the best thing about the kent state game

They need to incorporate more red into the UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA banners on either side behind the benches.

Default Re: Kent St. Synopsis

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ I can't understand the leave early concept even when losing but to leave when we are winning baffles me, especially as much as we have been clamoring for wins. _
    I stayed until the (not so bitter) end. I was disapointed that our tailgate group did not meet up after the game to celebrate the win. I was too excited to go home quietly.

Default Re: For The Love of Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander View Post
    _ YES! We had been playing it after the basketball games! After the team sings the fight song with the student section when they're walking out off the court. I'm glad we did it after the game last night, and I hope we continue doing it. I'll try and talk BT into trying to do it earlier, when there are more people in the stands and when the football team is still on the field. (BTW, that's the only song I looked at the music for. I'll mess up on other things, but I will not mess up on the alma mater!)

Alma mater, beloved old Southwestern,
    Pride of our Southland so fair!
    Oaks and pines, and sweet magnolia's beauty,
    Show for thy charms so rare!
    Alma mater, for honor, truth and wisdom,
    Thy halls for aye shall stand!
    Loyal sons, and daughters sing,
    Proclaiming here's my heart and hand!

I get chills when I hear it! I love this University! _
    Southwestern should be change to Louisiana.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm still very happy about the performance last night. I'm not aggravated about those who chickened out because of the rain, those who just came to tailgate, or those who left early. The win is still on my mind. Our players played hard and they got a dose of victory. That is the most important thing.

When some other folks start showing up from near and far, clad in vermillion, looking for a good time, they are welcome IMO. I hope time takes care of having them come in masses, showing up early, scrambling to get in before kickoff and leaving as late as is allowed. Good times.

Geaux Cajuns!!!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: For The Love of Pete.

_ YES! We had been playing it after the basketball games! After the team sings the fight song with the student section when they're walking out off the court. I'm glad we did it after the game last night, and I hope we continue doing it. I'll try and talk BT into trying to do it earlier, when there are more people in the stands and when the football team is still on the field. (BTW, that's the only song I looked at the music for. I'll mess up on other things, but I will not mess up on the alma mater!)

you don't know how glad it makes someone of my age (55) to hear someone of your young age express your love for this university. it makes me feel very positive about its future. thank you!!

I wasn't quite ready to pull the starters at 7 minutes as we were still backed up in our territory and didn't want to give them the ball back with that much time even though we had what appeared to be a comfortable lead. But I would have put McGuire in a little sooner than they did.

BTW, I need to correct my earlier post. McGuire scored his first TD as a Cajun in week 1.
    McGuire threw a TD pass to Hill in Week 1. He has not scored a TD as of yet.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ McGuire threw a TD pass to Hill in Week 1. He has not scored a TD as of yet. _
    Do we no longer credit the QB for a passing TD?

8. Default Re: My Thoughts.

i WAS LOOKING FOR hILL TO HAVE A GREAT TRACK YEAR AT sHAW BUT i DON'T THINK THAT HE DID---hE WAS A 200 METER TYPE AND i DID NOT THINK THAT HE WOULD BE A GOOD ROUTE RECEIVER---WRONG--PLUS HE CAN CATCH!!! i WOMDER WHAT gREEN'S 40 TIME IS NOW???? aND FOR YOU TRIVIA GUYS--HAS ONE BROTHER EVER COMPLETED A PASS TO ANOTHER --i AM TALKING FAMILY OF COURSE!!!!!! dES TO dES --kNOW THE POP WAS PROUD!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    _ Southwestern should be change to Louisiana. _
    Doesn't fit the scheme. Syllabic difference, but I know what you mean.

10. Default Re: For The Love of Pete.

take out the old and pronoUnce it LOOOSSS---EEE---AAANNN--AAAA!!

I still get the frissons, also, when hearing the alma mater, and that is with 77 years of age, and a long spell from Cajun land while in the military. Nothing can erode the memories!!

The band sounded great last night. Loved the half time show. Band seems to be about the same size as last year, but with more brass. Is that just my imagination?

Default Re: My Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ i WAS LOOKING FOR hILL TO HAVE A GREAT TRACK YEAR AT sHAW BUT i DON'T THINK THAT HE DID---hE WAS A 200 METER TYPE AND i DID NOT THINK THAT HE WOULD BE A GOOD ROUTE RECEIVER---WRONG--PLUS HE CAN CATCH!!! i WOMDER WHAT gREEN'S 40 TIME IS NOW???? aND FOR YOU TRIVIA GUYS--HAS ONE BROTHER EVER COMPLETED A PASS TO ANOTHER --i AM TALKING FAMILY OF COURSE!!!!!! dES TO dES --kNOW THE POP WAS PROUD!!!!!!! _
    And Pop should be proud, along with Mom and other family members.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    _ This game was impressive for several reasons.

Offensive Play

Passing downfield off of run fakes proved to be very deadly. Wonderful play calling.

Green and Hill are going to be better than we hoped.

Desmo showed great poise passing the football for the second straight week.

As long as Desmo and Fenroy remain healthy, the rushing attack will again be one of the best in the country.

Only problem may be the lack of a capable sub to give Fenroy a break.

Defensive Play

Aside from the 80 yard bomb late in the game, the defense performed at the level needed to win this conference, for the second straight week.

3 SACKS, swarming to the ball, bone-jarring hits. I can't tell you how nice it is to see a Cajun defense play with an attitude.

Dean is going to be a good one.

Atmosphere

Things are coming together. From game management, to the new field, to the clean stadium, to the fired-up fans, this was one of the most enjoyable gametime experiences I've had in Cajun Field in a long time.

If we in fact do turn the corner this season with the program, people will point to this game as the turning point. _
    In addition to what you said, it was nice to see us contest the line of scrimmage. It was been 12+ years since we have gotten a good push from or DL. Our DL may not be the most athletic, but that are giving great effort and are creating some havoc.
    Overall it was a good game and a fun atmosphere. Lets hope we can build on this!

_ I can't understand the leave early concept even when losing but to leave when we are winning baffles me, especially as much as we have been clamoring for wins. _
    That is just human nature, Hammer. Hell, UL fans leave a basketball game ahead of the end, even when the end is in doubt. Its a common practice, and you and I preaching ain't gonna change it, unfortunately!!

I kinda like hanging around after the game to hear the band. Silly me!!

Default Re: My Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ The only thing that could have made the day better was for there to be 0 rain! I had a great time with great people and even got the chance to meet a few posters from the board! Great day all the way around!

Now about the game.

When Desmo had the fumble I will be honest the first thing that came to mind was oh ____ here we go again but they did not let that play kill their confidence. After the first couple of series you could see that adjustments had been made because slowly we started running the ball down Kent State's throat. The team played good in all aspects of the game and I think that the score is a little deceiving because we dominated the game.

Tyrell Fenroy - What can you say about the guy that hasn't already been said! His explosion through the hole is incredible, before you know it he is into the second level and I like ours chances with Fenroy against a safety.

Michael Desormeaux - I think the one thing he gets criticized for is his passing ability but yesterday he displayed that he can be a passer. Did he miss a few guys or make the wrong read, yes but he was efficient and stayed away from mistakes in the passing game and thats all we need him to do.

Ladarius Green and Pierre Hill - I love these 2 freshman! They both made some good plays and seeing Green running free behind the Safeties was so great to see.

On defense I am not going to single out any players because I think the unit played well together. No one stuck out to me and made me say WOW he played great but as a whole they did a lot of good things. I have to give our DB's a lot of credit because our DL and LB's were able to flush Edelman out of the pocket a lot because of good coverage down field. Edelman ran for a bunch of yards but they contained the passing game and I'll take a QB having to run for a lot of yards because he has no where else to go any day of the week.

A few other random thoughts.
    1) On the goal line can we get into a power formation more often and utilize the fact that we have a big 260lb FB and one of the best HB's in the country. (I know I am nit-picking right here butI wanted to at least give one negative though lol)
    2) Great crowd considering the rain and I think it would have been much better if not.
    3) Edelman for Kent State can sure run! He is just like Desmo and I applaud him because he did play very hard.
    4) Glad we didn't have to try to contain Eugene Jarvis but I sure would have liked to have seen him play.
    5) The entire game day experience is getting better and I think we can attribute that to Farmer.

Ok I am going prepare for a day of NFL! If the Cowboys win today it will have been a perfect football weekend.Comeaux , UL, and Dallas!

GEAUX CAJUNS!!! _

I have a feeling that without the rain, we might have seen easily over 20,000. Jay announced that paid attendance was over 20k and there were a lot of people that left because of the rain. I know in our group there were at least 12 people that left.

Thread Information