Page 103 of 222 FirstFirst . 93 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 113 . LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: My Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    _ I mean really.what thoughtless/souless person would resist talking to cute and adorable BOB. hahaha _
    some evil little trainer with gatorade and tat

Default Re: My Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    _ I mean really.what thoughtless/souless person would resist talking to cute and adorable BOB. hahaha _
    Bob has mad game!

Default Re: Kent St. Synopsis

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ They said in the 18000 range but not sure exact number _
    http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/1540.3.htm#GAME.SUM
    A little over 18,000 but if they keep playing like this there will be longer lines at the concession stands.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    _ This game was impressive for several reasons.

Offensive Play

Passing downfield off of run fakes proved to be very deadly. Wonderful play calling.

Green and Hill are going to be better than we hoped.

Desmo showed great poise passing the football for the second straight week.

As long as Desmo and Fenroy remain healthy, the rushing attack will again be one of the best in the country.

Only problem may be the lack of a capable sub to give Fenroy a break.

Defensive Play

Aside from the 80 yard bomb late in the game, the defense performed at the level needed to win this conference, for the second straight week.

3 SACKS, swarming to the ball, bone-jarring hits. I can't tell you how nice it is to see a Cajun defense play with an attitude.

Dean is going to be a good one.

Atmosphere

Things are coming together. From game management, to the new field, to the clean stadium, to the fired-up fans, this was one of the most enjoyable gametime experiences I've had in Cajun Field in a long time.

If we in fact do turn the corner this season with the program, people will point to this game as the turning point. _
    Nation, stop it now! You know none of these recruits are any good,we signed them!

_ This game was impressive for several reasons.

Things are coming together. From game management, to the new field, to the clean stadium, to the fired-up fans, this was one of the most enjoyable gametime experiences I've had in Cajun Field in a long time.

If we in fact do turn the corner this season with the program, people will point to this game as the turning point. _
    One problem, we Cajun fans do not know how to act in the 4th quarter when the game game is already won everyone looked kind of confused.

Default Re: For The Love of Pete.

thanks, i was thinking about this just the other day

7. Default Re: For The Love of Pete.

Do what the bball team does ---sing the fight song after a win!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ It was a great game.

Started slow and was action packed for the last 3 quarters.

I love the fact that UL could have put 50 on board if they wanted to. Very classy. _
    The last sentence.my thoughts exactly.

Missed you at the KdC site. The Kent folks who stopped by had a great time. They loved the food and revelry!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ It would have been nice and the right thing to do IMO to let McGuire take over with 7 minutes to go when we got the ball. Allow him to execute the offense and try to score to get him some meaningful game experience. _
    I wasn't quite ready to pull the starters at 7 minutes as we were still backed up in our territory and didn't want to give them the ball back with that much time even though we had what appeared to be a comfortable lead. But I would have put McGuire in a little sooner than they did.

BTW, I need to correct my earlier post. McGuire scored his first TD as a Cajun in week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ I wasn't quite ready to pull the starters at 7 minutes as we were still backed up in our territory and didn't want to give them the ball back with that much time even though we had what appeared to be a comfortable lead. But I would have put McGuire in a little sooner than they did.

BTW, I need to correct my earlier post. McGuire scored his first TD as a Cajun in week 1. _
    I should have said leave McGuire in with the number 1 unit but let him get meaningful minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    _ One problem, we Cajun fans do not know how to act in the 4th quarter when the game game is already won everyone looked kind of confused. _
    Yea, most of them started to leave to "beat the traffic." These fans need to learn to stay until the very end.

We have a bunch of fans that are similar to Dodger fansshow up late, leave early.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ Yea, most of them started to leave to "beat the traffic." These fans need to learn to stay until the very end.

We have a bunch of fans that are similar to Dodger fansshow up late, leave early. _
    I can't understand the leave early concept even when losing but to leave when we are winning baffles me, especially as much as we have been clamoring for wins.

13. Alumni Re: For The Love of Pete.

YES! We had been playing it after the basketball games! After the team sings the fight song with the student section when they're walking out off the court. I'm glad we did it after the game last night, and I hope we continue doing it. I'll try and talk BT into trying to do it earlier, when there are more people in the stands and when the football team is still on the field. (BTW, that's the only song I looked at the music for. I'll mess up on other things, but I will not mess up on the alma mater!)

Alma mater, beloved old Southwestern,
    Pride of our Southland so fair!
    Oaks and pines, and sweet magnolia's beauty,
    Show for thy charms so rare!
    Alma mater, for honor, truth and wisdom,
    Thy halls for aye shall stand!
    Loyal sons, and daughters sing,
    Proclaiming here's my heart and hand!

I get chills when I hear it! I love this University!

Default Re: the best thing about the kent state game

I agree the wall looked alot better last night. My only complaint would be, not enough red in the colors. We should see if the advertisers wouldn't mind there banners being red white and black instead of the greens and blues.

_
    Atmosphere

Did the new intro video look as sweet in person as it did online?

Thread Information