Page 101 of 222 FirstFirst . 91 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 111 . LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. Default Re: Kent St. Synopsis

I saw that Fleming was wearing a black wrap of some kind on his knee----the way he ran on the field--he is hurting----the one thing that really concerns me is our lack of perimeter defense on all plays--we give up the outside even when we have leverage--we either go for the fake inside or just go after the ball carrier--- stay wide if inside help is there and use the sideline as an extra defender!!!!

2. UL Football Fenroy proves he's still No. 1 for the Cajuns

He's Superman with a neckboard and clearly misrepresented in jersey No. 32.

Make no mistake. When it comes to Ragin' Cajuns football, Tyrell Fenroy is No. 1.

No. 1 in career rushing yards (3,541) and combined rushing and receiving yards (3,987). Taking a step to the side was Brian Mitchell last week for career rushing; Brandon Stokley gave up the rushing-receiving title during the 44-27 win over Kent State in the home opener Saturday night.

"I don't look forward to having a 100-yard game every game, or a breakout game every game," Fenroy said after setting career highs for rushing (194) and all-purpose (262) yards. "I just want to come out here and play hard and help get our offense going."

The rest of the story

Bob Heist • bheist@theadvertiser.com • September 21, 2008

3. UL Football Breaking the ice: UL rolls in home opener

Desperately searching for its first win of the season, UL once again turned to quarterback Mike Desormeaux and running back Tyrell Fenroy.

The senior duo delivered in a big way in Saturday's Herbert Heymann Football Classic, as the Ragin' Cajuns set a school record with 667 yards in a 44-27 win over Kent State at Cajun Field.

"I think you have to start it off with the offensive coordinator (Ron Hudson)," Fenroy said. "He called a good game. They (State) were on their toes the whole game.

"They didn't know who was getting the ball."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • September 21, 2008

4. UL Football Opponent View: Flashes crushed by Cajuns

Lafayette, La. -- Senior quarterback Michael Desormeaux threw for 253 yards and ran for 150 more and two touchdowns to lead Louisiana-Lafayette to a 44-27 win against Kent State on Saturday night.

Tyrell Fenroy added 194 yards rushing and three touchdowns on 23 carries for the Ragin' Cajuns (1-2).

Louisiana-Lafayette outgained Kent State, 667-396, in the game.

Kent State senior quarterback Julian Edelman's early 11-yard touchdown run started the scoring, but a field goal and Fenroy's 5-yard touchdown run gave the Ragin' Cajuns a 10-7 lead at the close of the first quarter.

Edelman rushed for 136 yards and two TDs and threw for a score to pace Kent, which falls to 1-3.

center>

The rest of the story

5. UL Football UL Undefeated at New-Look Swamp

UL unveiled a new-look Cajun Field against Kent State in Saturday’s Herbert Heymann Football Classic.

ProGrass Synthetic Turf Systems finished installing artificial turf in July. At midfield the words “Ragin’ Cajuns” appear in white lettering surrounded by red and black trim.

The end zones are black with “Louisiana” in red lettering. A black Sun Belt Conference logo is located on the 25-yard line at opposite ends of the field, as are two red fleurs de lis with black shadowing.

The stadium was pressure-washed in the summer. The wall surrounding the base of the stadium now features a banner displaying Lafayette Motors, Regions Bank and ragincajuns.com

“We’ve been getting nothing but compliments about it,” said Gerald Hebert, UL’s director of athletic development.”It looks great. I’ve really been surprised favorably of how many people have complimented on how good it looks. I think anybody looking at it can tell how good it looks.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • September 21, 2008

6. UL Football Oponents View: UL Spoils Kent State's Quick Start

LAFAYETTE, La. –For the second straight road game, Kent State was the first on the board by turning a fumble recovery into a touchdown. However, for the second straight game, big plays by the home team erased the early momentum as Louisiana-Lafayette (1-2) defeated Kent State (1-3) 44 to 27.

On the Cajuns second possession, sophomore Cobrani Mixon forced a fumble and Kent State senior Cedrick Maxwell recovered the ball at the Lafayette 11. On the first play of the ensuing possession, senior Julian Edelman weaved his way into the endzone. Junior Nate Reed added the extra point to make it 7-0 Golden Flashes.

Louisiana-Lafayette scored 10 unanswered points to end the first period, but Kent State would retake the lead in the second quarter on a 42-yard strike from Edelman to senior Shawn Bayes.

The rest of the story

Default the best thing about the kent state game

no hideous black wall it was a jinx last year

igeaux.mobi

8. UL Football Re: Kent St. Synopsis

It was a great game.

Started slow and was action packed for the last 3 quarters.

I love the fact that UL could have put 50 on board if they wanted to. Very classy.

9. UL Football Re: the best thing about the kent state game

I suggested to Nelson Schexnayder in 2001 (on radio) that UL put advertising on the wall . . . yes it did look way better than black and earned money as well.

The best thing about the Kent State game was Fenroy bringing his average up to 90 yards a game and is on pace for 1080 yards on the season.

Default Re: Kent St. Synopsis

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ It was a great game.

Started slow and was action packed for the last 3 quarters.

I love the fact that UL could have put 50 on board if they wanted to. Very classy. _
    Yeah, but it would have been nice to see McGuire keep it and go around the right end to walk it infor his first TD as a Cajun. I'm sure Gbbaseball would have like that.

Default For The Love of Pete.

Ok so after the game was over, some of my friends and I stood around waiting for the most important part of the post game that there is, and when it happened I was kinda shocked and disappointed.

Ladies and gentlemen.LEARN THE ALMA MATER!!!
    You need help with that? Fine!
    https://www.nmnathletics.com/ViewArt.&ATCLID=926634

This is an important part of being a student (and fan) and it seems to be lost by the wayside. It pains me to see so few people who know the words. Please have pride in our school. Learn it, love it and stick around to sing it with the band.

p.s. If the band could manage to play this while the team is still out on the field, that would also be great. I'm sure coach Bustle would accommodate.

Thanks and Geaux Cajuns.

On the whole, a well played game by the team. Not perfect but a very good effort by all, for four quarters.

The crowd was good considering the weather. The rain cooled things off and it was very pleasant.

The stadium looks very good. the black wall was covered and the grunge factor is reduced.

The restrooms were clean and there were plenty of trash receptacles throughout the stadium.

Props to the team, coaches and athletic department staff. If this keeps up then crowd control will be the next problem.

I know that some here know that I'm not a huge Des fan but I will say it was nice to see him going through his progressions better last night than he usually does. But I still think if we ran more option he could be better used.

That being said, Fenroy is a monster! His second level speed is crazy. once he wit the linebackers it was over. The Golden Flashes safety looked like he wanted out.

Next up is our coverage team.WOW. Outside of that one rugby kick gone bad, these guys did one hell of a job. Absolutely blowing up fools on the field. Did anyone else laugh uncontrollably when we had a coverage guy hit a Flash and he flew into their return guy. It was like a cartoon.

Finally, our pass defense. These guys did an excellent job of containing the Flashes game to having to run. With the exception of 2 plays, the opposition's pass game was largely gone. And some of the unsung guys like Derik Keys should really get a pat on the back for playing smart and consistent.

And the coaching staff seems to have done well this week in preparations. Didn't commit a ton of penalties. Small thing in practice matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ I saw that Fleming was wearing a black wrap of some kind on his knee----the way he ran on the field--he is hurting----the one thing that really concerns me is our lack of perimeter defense on all plays--we give up the outside even when we have leverage--we either go for the fake inside or just go after the ball carrier--- stay wide if inside help is there and use the sideline as an extra defender!!!! _

Yeah, something is up with Fleming. He didn't play much in the first half and we saw a lot of McCoy and Washington who both played very well. I was extremely impressed with the D. The lack of containment is a mistake but this is something that can be corrected. Its extrememly important with a mobile QB and they ran a lot of bootlegs. The DE's have to be more disciplined when facing a mobile QB. Still liked the way the D flew to the ball. I still want to know what's going on with D. Smith. He played little in the first half and they didn't even look for him.

Default Re: Busted year?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Good to see you coming around but we still have a lot of football left. I'm more concerned with the two road games beginning conference. I think they are very winnable games and would set up a HUGE game against Ark St. at home which if nobody has noticed, this team is for real. It's going to be a fun year!! _
    At this point fun games is all I ask for. Win or lose. Right now they are fun to watch.

Thread Information