Page 100 of 222 FirstFirst . 90 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 110 . LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Busted year?

Hey I have given the guy almost as much grief as a Palestinian with hemoroids wiping with sand paper. Is this the year he comes of age? I really believed the last few games were flukes. We seemed to have a great game plan which means great coaching. Our guys are doing the basics right which is a sign of good coaching. Is this the year we go from worst to first? I hope so!!!!!!!! I will start drinking the kool aide!

Default Re: Busted year?

If they beat or have a very solid game against Kansas State, I'll be much more hopeful about this year. Kansas St is a well built program playing many top rated teams this year. Finished on average 6-5 for the past five years.

Default Re: Busted year?

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ Hey I have given the guy almost as much grief as a Palestinian with hemoroids wiping with sand paper. Is this the year he comes of age? I really believed the last few games were flukes. We seemed to have a great game plan which means great coaching. Our guys are doing the basics right which is a sign of good coaching. Is this the year we go from worst to first? I hope so!!!!!!!! I will start drinking the kool aide! _

Good to see you coming around but we still have a lot of football left. I'm more concerned with the two road games beginning conference. I think they are very winnable games and would set up a HUGE game against Ark St. at home which if nobody has noticed, this team is for real. It's going to be a fun year!!

Default Re: Bustle, UL want victory and more fun

Quote Originally Posted by Faisdodo View Post
    _ I believe that he was a spectator. That is the reason why the team did as well as they did. Maybe he should sit in the stands next time. To me, it couldn't hurt their record. _
    dude your an idiot.

Default Kent St. Synopsis

I was very impressed with our play tonight. The beginning of the game started badly and I had some negative thoughts floating around like many here I'm sure. Des and Fenroy quickly turned it around. D flew to the ball and played really well. Don't let the 27 points fool you. The first Kent TD was because we gave them absolutely gimme field position with Des's fumble. The last TD was a blown coverage while our D secondary was caught texting their girlfriends because they were bored. Eugene Jarvis did not play which hurt Kent and you could tell. The poor QB had to carry the ball all game long and he is tough as hell to bring down. I was really impressed with D secondary and the tackling was good except for certain occassions when the QB broke a couple of runs. Fenroy is a beast and he looked awesome. Des was Des and really made some nice passes and mixed it up with a couple of poor ones but had no Int's which is the big thing. Chery had what will be one of the plays of the year on his screen pass and run for the TD. What a play! Ladarius Green is going to be big for us this year and was our best target.

Besides Des and Fenroy, players that stood out:

Aurienne, D. Bentley, Richard Brooks, Daylon McCoy, L. Green, Pierre Hill, Jezreel Washington

The "where were they" players:

D. Smith, Julian Shankle, Grant Fleming

Fleming missed quite a few plays in the first half and didn't play poorly but just didn't stand out. Derrick Smith and how the coaches use him is a big mystery to me. He had nothing thrown his way all night but he is our best WR. Julian Shankle didn't see the field but for one carry I believe. Fenroy, of course, was busy tearing up KSU's D but Shankle had gotten good carries up to that.

Ladarius Green did what the fans have been wanting all along and that was stretch the field up the seam and make a play. Granted, he was wide open on a busted coverage but the fact that the route was called and Des put it on the money were good enough for me. Pierre Hill also had some nice screen catch and runs. I like the move of Daylon McCoy from safety to LB. He was all over the field making plays and had a nice INT. What a fun game!

Default Re: Kent St. Synopsis

what was the attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    _ what was the attendance? _
    They said in the 18000 range but not sure exact number

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Chery had what will be one of the plays of the year on his screen pass and run for the TD. What a play! Ladarius Green is going to be big for us this year and was our best target.

I want to correct you because Chery scored on an option pitch from Desmo.and for the people that have been calling for it, it was a triple option play with Chery motioning into the backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ I want to correct you because Chery scored on an option pitch from Desmo.and for the people that have been calling for it, it was a triple option play with Chery motioning into the backfield. _

You are right. I thought that was a great adjustment. We ran that a lot in 2005 with B. Jenkins and Fenroy. I wish we'd do the same with Roberson in the backfield taking the first option but I liked the call. That was a hell of a run. Chery is a player. He was lighting people up on Special Teams and just plays hard.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    _ what was the attendance? _

Paid attendance was over 20,000 as per Jay Walker. I was delighted with the crowd considering the weather we had 90 minutes before game time. I'd say it was a bout 17,000 or a bit more. Good atmosphere considering

_ You are right. I thought that was a great adjustment. We ran that a lot in 2005 with B. Jenkins and Fenroy. I wish we'd do the same with Roberson in the backfield taking the first option but I liked the call. That was a hell of a run. Chery is a player. He was lighting people up on Special Teams and just plays hard. _
    Our kickoff coverage team was absolutely destroying people out there today. Accimme was killing people as well as Chery and Zanders. Flat out crackin skulls.

_ Paid attendance was over 20,000 as per Jay Walker. I was delighted with the crowd considering the weather we had 90 minutes before game time. I'd say it was a bout 17,000 or a bit more. Good atmosphere considering _
    18,210 plus or minus 100 was the announced attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Our kickoff coverage team was absolutely destroying people out there today. Accimme was killing people as well as Chery and Zanders. Flat out crackin skulls. _

You are correct. Won't it be nice to be able to get Zanders back next year? How good could this linebacking group be?

UL Football Re: Kent St. Synopsis

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ 18,210 plus or minus 100 was the announced attendance. _
    Not bad for the Huge down pour for quite sometime one and a half hours prior to the game.

_ You are correct. Won't it be nice to be able to get Zanders back next year? How good could this linebacking group be? _
    Getting Zanders back would be huge.

Thread Information