Page 99 of 222 FirstFirst . 89 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 109 . LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Eligibility saga continues for Sails

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ What is the deal with Yobes Walker??? Is he hurt, left, redshirting, or in the mix?????? _

Redshirted

Default Re: Eligibility saga continues for Sails

How can Bustle not know if he has a redshirt year available?

3. UL Football Kent State gets big things from a small package

As UL defensive coordinator Kevin Fouquier watched film this week, the play of Kent State running back Eugene Jarvis kept him from looking away.

UL coach Rickey Bustle found himself under the same trance while viewing game film of the Golden Flashes (1-2).

The coaches agree that Jarvis is without question the man the Cajuns (0-2) must find a way to stop in today's 6 p.m. Herbert Heymann Football Classic at Cajun Field. Carrying 170 pounds on his 5-foot-5 frame, Jarvis lacks size but packs a big punch statistically as the nation's leading returning rusher with nearly 1,700 yards last season.

"I haven't seen a lot of him, but he looks like he has pretty good speed," Bustle said. "He's got good feet. He's kind of a scat guy. I'm not even sure how big he is.

"Heck, you're talking about a guy who I think led the nation in rushing last year, so you know he can run the ball."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • September 20, 2008

4. UL Football Bustle, UL want victory and more fun

LAFAYETTE — Will Rickey Bustle have as much fun watching his University of Louisiana football team play today as he did last Saturday?

That’s what Bustle hopes as UL meets Kent State in the season home opener set for 6 p.m. today at Cajun Field.

Bustle said he practically became a spectator at Illinois when UL rallied in the fourth quarter during a 20-17 loss.

“It was probably the most fun I’ve had on the sidelines, just watching (ULL) go out and play with the determination and enthusiasm that they had,” Bustle said. “To see this team raise the bar on their performance level was something I really enjoyed.”

This time UL (0-2) is hoping to record its first win in 2008 against a Kent State team that is 1-2.

The rest of the story

By BOB ARDOIN
    Special to The Advocate

5. Default Re: Kent State gets big things from a small package

With Fenroy being a perennial 1000 yard rusher I would have guessed Bustle had a handle on the rushing leaders from last year.

Also can someone change the online headline? It should read "Kent State gets big things from a small package." The hard copy has a headline that matches the story.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Bustle, UL want victory and more fun

"Bustle said he practically became a spectator at Illinois when ULL rallied in the fourth quarter during a 20-17 loss."

I didnt know the head coach was just supposed to spectate a game, shouldnt he be coaching or motivating?

Default Re: Bustle, UL want victory and more fun

They got that mixed up. Actually Bustle was a spectator against Southern Miss. Honest mistake.

Default Kent State game on Internet Video

I am trying to watch the game, but it won't let me register. Anyone know how to get access?

Default UL v. Kent State on Video

I finally got in. Why is this game in black and white? How do you enlarge the screen?

Default Re: UL v. Kent State on Video

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ I finally got in. Why is this game in black and white? How do you enlarge the screen? _
    I was wondering the same thing. We get a brand new field, and we get to watch the game in black and white.

UL Football ESPN GameCast?

Is it malfunctioning or is it my computer? Unless the game is stopped due to bad weather, time has frozen in the Swamp!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Bustle, UL want victory and more fun

I believe that he was a spectator. That is the reason why the team did as well as they did. Maybe he should sit in the stands next time. To me, it couldn't hurt their record.

Default Re: Kent State game on Internet Video

_ I am trying to watch the game, but it won't let me register. Anyone know how to get access? _
    You have to register and pay! You see I'm a donate to UL sports so I get to watch them on the internet. Just kidding. Pay your fee and you can watch it.

Default Re: Kent State game on Internet Video

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ You have to register and pay! You see I'm a donate to UL sports so I get to watch them on the internet. Just kidding. Pay your fee and you can watch it. _

It wouldn't let me even register. Then, I found out I had pop-ups blocking it and got that cleared up. So, I was able to sign up and am watching the game. For quite a while, it was in black and white, but fortunately switched to color. Great game so far.

Default Re: UL v. Kent State on Video

_ I finally got in. Why is this game in black and white? How do you enlarge the screen? _
    Double click the video.

Page 99 of 222 FirstFirst . 89 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 109 . LastLast

Thread Information