Page 95 of 222 FirstFirst . 85 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 105 . LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Good news pours in for UL

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Undrea Sails is still awaiting word on his final course from College of the Desert in California being processed. He did not practice yesterday. _
    With respect to Burkhalter, did you mention something in the chat last night about the class he was waiting on having more to do with Medical school and less about whether or not he would be eligible?

No, as far as I know the class had nothing to do with medical school.

I mentioned he was going to apply to med school in the fall. I have no idea about which summer-school class he was waiting on.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

_ No, as far as I know the class had nothing to do with medical school.

I mentioned he was going to apply to med school in the fall. I have no idea about which summer-school class he was waiting on. _
    From the chat."Burkhalter is applying for med school this semester. It was a process situation, not level of achievement. Had to be frustrating having to wait."

Thanks.

I was under the impression that the class had something to do with Medical school, which sounded odd at the time, especially when you said it was due to the process and not the achievement.

Default Re: QB Club

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ While I agree with you, what else are they going to say? As a coach, you can't say things like, "We are not a good football team right now. We're not physical, and we're completely 1-dimensional on offense. If I don't win the ULM game, this is my last year here." Followed by, "and this is what I/we will do to fix it."

Although that maybe would be refreshing to hear, I don't think it's realistic to expect it.

Wouldn't it be nice if Bustle acted like this was his do-or-die moment as a coach?
    Maybe show some fire (<--get it!)? _

Of course you can. I've seen many frustrated coaches that just crush their teams' performances when they don't play well. What is wrong with saying "the way we played tonight was unacceptable" or something to that effect. There is nothing wrong with calling out your boys and challenging them in their face. Maybe that is what this team needs.

Default Re: QB Club

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    There is nothing wrong with calling out your boys and challenging them in their face. Maybe that is what this team needs.
    That is what this program needs, from the president all the way down to the play-by-play guy.

With Fenroy's health an issue, what is the status of Y. Walker?

Anybody?

7. UL Football UL Mid-Week Practice Report for Illinois

Tyrell Fenroy is nine rushing yards away from becoming the Cajuns all-time leader

Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns spent half of their open week recovering from Hurricane Gustav. The Cajuns did not practice until five days after the game at Southern Miss. The team hit the practice field on Thursday after school resumed and worked on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

The team started its normal game-week preparation with a practice on Sunday. After Monday’s off day, the team resumed workouts on Tuesday and Wednesday. The Cajuns will leave as scheduled on Friday afternoon for Champaign, Ill.

Five questions for defensive coordinator Kevin Fouquier.

Q: How did practice go over the last two weeks?

Fouquier: "Last week’s practices were about the Cajuns and the mistakes we made at Southern Miss. It was about getting better and learning from our mistakes. We started to focus on Illinois beginning Sunday. Overall, I thought the team came out with the right attitude.”

Q: Last week it looked like the coaches were really pushing the players?

Fouquier: "We went back to the basics and our fundamentals in order to get better. The tempo (of practice) was fast and the kids worked hard. Nobody had really done anything in five days so we had some tired bodies.”

Q: What do the Cajuns need to do defensively to slow down Illinois’ offense?

Fouquier: "Everyone knows the quarterback is a great athlete and he can throw the ball very well. They also have great wide receivers and an outstanding tailback. The key is to contain the ball and tackle well.”

Q: The Cajuns have never faced Illinois, but played their Big Ten rival Minnesota several years ago, are their similarities?

Fouquier: "(Just like Minnesota) they have some real big guys up front on both sides of the ball. Those big bodies are also athletic. (Illinois) wasn’t in the Rose Bowl last year on accident. Those athletes can really stretch the field. We still have 10 more games to go, but Illinois is probably going to be the most athletic team we face.”

Q: After missing week one, middle linebacker Brenton Burkhalter should be back on the field this week. What does his presence mean to the defense?

Fouquier: “He means so much to our defense. He’s our field general, making the calls and setting the alignments. Hopefully he’ll fix some of the things we didn’t do properly last time out. It all starts with your middle linebacker and he’s the guy everybody looks toward to get going.”

Official Louisiana-Lafayette Injury Report (as of Wednesday, Sept. 10, 2008): Brad Bryant, OL (back – questionable); Brenton Burkhalter, LB (calf – questionable); Lanier Coleman, DL (knee – probable); Richie Falgout, WR (abdomen – probable); Nasser Jamal, OL (knee – out for season*); Junior Jean, DB (ankle – probable); Chris Lanaux, DL (shoulder – out); Jawanza Mitchell, WR (ill – out); Maurice Rolle, DB (wrist – probable); Caleb Rubin, WR (shoulder – doubtful); Derrick Smith, WR (ankle – doubtful).

*Nasser Jamal had surgery on Monday to repair a torn ACL and will miss the entire 2008 season

RaginCajuns.com

8. UL Football Injury report (as of mid week)

Official Louisiana Injury Report
    Brad Bryant, OL (back – questionable)
    Brenton Burkhalter, LB (calf – questionable)
    Lanier Coleman, DL (knee – probable)
    Richie Falgout, WR (abdomen – probable)
    Junior Jean, DB (ankle – probable)
    Chris Lanaux, DL (shoulder – out)
    Jawanza Mitchell, WR (ill – out)
    Maurice Rolle, DB (wrist – probable)
    Caleb Rubin, WR (shoulder – doubtful)
    Derrick Smith, WR (ankle – doubtful)

Offensive lineman Nasser Jamal, underwent surgery on Monday to repair the torn ACL he suffered in a preseason scrimmage. Nasser will miss the entire 2008 season.

9. UL Football Opponent View: Football scouts Ragin' Cajuns

For the second straight week, Illinois will be playing a team that is under the radar in the minds of most college football fans.

Although Eastern Illinois has a few Illinois connections in D'Angelo McCray and Cory Leman, the closest thing Illinois has in common with Louisiana-Lafayette is offensive lineman's Eric Block's home state.

And while most Illini fans know little to nothing about the Ragin' Cajuns, the Orange and Blue have been studying film for another team that could trouble them.

The rest of the story

10. UL Football Opponent View: Illini have their eyes on Ragin' Cajun QB Desormeaux

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. - Louisiana-Lafayette quarterback Michael Desormeaux surely plays the part of a Ragin' Cajun.

A senior from New Iberia, La., Desormeaux (dess-uh-moh) is a descendant of the ethnic group that gives Louisiana much of its flavor and culture.

"I am who I am,'' Desormeaux said. "Being from down here, I never thought it was anything special. I never thought anything of it. When I first got to school, all the coaches had trouble saying my name.''

Evidently, they don't have trouble calling his number. When Louisana-Lafayette (0-1) meets No. 24 Illinois (1-1) at Memorial Stadium Saturday (11 a.m., Big Ten Network), Desormeaux plays a key role in the Ragin' Cajuns' rushing offense.

The rest of the story

By John Supinie

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    _ With Fenroy's health an issue, what is the status of Y. Walker?

Anybody? _
    Right now he's scheduled to redshirt. Could change depending on Fenroy's health.

12. Default Re: Good news pours in for UL

_ No, as far as I know the class had nothing to do with medical school.

I mentioned he was going to apply to med school in the fall. I have no idea about which summer-school class he was waiting on. _
    I read that Burkhalter is back and will be a key to our defense. I also read in the injury report that he is questionable. Is he playing or is he out. We surely need the help in the middle with someone who can wrap up and tackle. Anyone have any update on his injury or is it a game time call?

Louisiana Re: Opponent View: Football scouts Ragin' Cajuns

This article suggests a healthy respect for the Cajuns by Ill.

Default Re: Opponent View: Football scouts Ragin' Cajuns

yea.pretty cool to seee stuff like that in print.hopefully we can put up a decent showing.mizzou did give them plenty of fits so we should try some of the same things.

Default Re: Opponent View: Football scouts Ragin' Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by bja3853 View Post
    _ yea.pretty cool to seee stuff like that in print.hopefully we can put up a decent showing.mizzou did give them plenty of fits so we should try some of the same things. _
    Mizzou has a pass based offense if we try the same things they did it will be a long day!

Page 95 of 222 FirstFirst . 85 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 105 . LastLast

Thread Information