Page 93 of 222 FirstFirst . 83 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 103 . LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Quarterback situation

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    _ If this coaching staff isn't doing everything it can to win NOW (including playing two QB's), the season is already done. I know Desormeaux is a great ATHLETE, but I don't think he's a good QB. _
    The offense is not the problem, it is the defense.

2. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Quarterback situation

I agree that the defense is not that great, however when you turn the ball over as much as we did in the USM game and keep your defense on the field it is hard for any defense to perform well. I think we will know more about the defense when we play our home opener as long as we dont turn the ball over 4 or 5 times. I also agree that we should do whatever we can to win as many games as we can. If a two QB system would help then im all for it. I know people have said that Des passing has improved over the spring and summer, however it sure didnt show it in the first game. And im not to sure it will be any different in the second game. Its sure not the start that we hoped for.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    The offense is not the problem, it is the defense.
    The whole program is the problem. I'm addressing the specific topic of QB play.
    See also: 3.3 yards per completion and 2 INT's

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ What have evidence do you have that Des has improved his passing? Look I am a huge Des fan but he from what i've seen, he just doesn't have the arm/accuracy.

I would like to see McGuire get some snaps to see what he can do. If nothing else get him a little experience for next season. If the D is going to be as terrible as it was vs. USM, then we may only win 2 games anyway so why the hell not play two QB's? _

The evidence I have is seeing every scrimmage and many practices watching it firsthand. However, It is hard for me to argue with you since he didn't play particularly well the first game but I really think your gonna see a better Des the rest of the year.

Hundley was recruited but when we found so much success with the zone option offense, he basically fell out of favor. If you want to think he was a good runner in high school go ahead, I'll be laughing in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ The evidence I have is seeing every scrimmage and many practices watching it firsthand. However, It is hard for me to argue with you since he didn't play particularly well the first game but I really think your gonna see a better Des the rest of the year.

Hundley was recruited but when we found so much success with the zone option offense, he basically fell out of favor. If you want to think he was a good runner in high school go ahead, I'll be laughing in the corner. _
    He was a much better runner in high school than you are giving him credit for.but I agree I thought Des was much improved as a passer watching the spring and fall scrimmages but who says that wasn't a product of our poor defense?

Louisiana Re: Quarterback situation

This is Des 's second year as starting QB and we only played 1 game. I only hope he stays healthy all year, because he will put up more points this season than we have seen in many moons. By the end of the season we will look at how ridiculous this thread was. The offense is not the problem. Des will be The Man.

Louisiana Re: Too soon to write off the season?

Way too early to end the serason.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    _ This is Des 's second year as starting QB and we only played 1 game. I only hope he stays healthy all year, because he will put up more points this season than we have seen in many moons. By the end of the season we will look at how ridiculous this thread was. The offense is not the problem. Des will be The Man. _
    Well said. All stones should be thrown at our woeful defense and porous OL. Des is way down on our list of problems.

9. Default Re: Too soon to write off the season?

It is too soon to write off the season.

I can't even judge the defense correctly until they get the chance to rest between series.

4 turnovers skews the entire evaluation.

jmo

Default Re: Too soon to write off the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ It is too soon to write off the season.

I can't even judge the defense correctly until they get the chance to rest between series.

4 turnovers skews the entire evaluation.

jmo _
    it is too early. not a very exact comparison, in light of the disparity between the teams on the winning side, but a couple years ago arky lost it's opener to so cal by about 60 points as i recall [and at home, i think]. they then ran off 10 wins in a row before losing to lsu in the reg season finale. the cajuns can win some games this year, i really believe.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    _ This is Des 's second year as starting QB and we only played 1 game. I only hope he stays healthy all year, because he will put up more points this season than we have seen in many moons. By the end of the season we will look at how ridiculous this thread was. The offense is not the problem. Des will be The Man. _
    It isn't an indictment of MD at QB (at least by me who started the thread). I completely agree that defense is the sore spot. If you cannot stop the other team from scoring, you sure better have an incredible offense. We'll see if the passing skills improve (along with everything else required). I am neutral on whether we have that figured out yet or not.

If anyone believes we are going to have a winning record with two great runners, and no passing threat, they need only look at last year.

Do you think it's ridiculous that Mike might actually be a greater asset as a tailback or slot receiver? He is Man enough to play whatever role is best for the team. I can assure you of that. It was only a question among ourselves as to whether one of our differently gifted QBs might add a wrinkle we need this year.

Des will be The Man regardless of whether he is the "only" QB this year or not. I hope he stays heathy for the rest of his life.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Well said. All stones should be thrown at our woeful defense and porous OL. Des is way down on our list of problems. _
    No stones need be thrown at any players. and none for certain at MD. It was a question of whether we could add another offensive threat, while blending in some playing time with one of the other QBs. I do not, however, consider Mike's role as any more precious than other players in other positions. OL. defense. WRs. LBs. If coaches find a wrinkle here and their by swapping some of those guys out. I sure hope some of you guys don't get wound up about that too.

Default Re: Too soon to write off the season?

What exactly does "writing off the season" infer. do you get a tax deduction?

Yes, way too early.

Default Re: QB Club

Did any of you get anything out of this interview? If you did you read more into it than I did. A bunch of lame excuses for a poor performance. Time for these coaches to pull the gloves offthen again maybe they have.

Default Re: QB Club

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ Did any of you get anything out of this interview? If you did you read more into it than I did. A bunch of lame excuses for a poor performance. Time for these coaches to pull the gloves offthen again maybe they have. _
    I was thinking the same thing. The coaches said we played poorly, then praised a bunch of players. If so many players played well, why did we get skull drug? I also noticed the people he gave props to were new players. I have a feeling the coaches are laying the groundwork for the "we are young" angle.

Page 93 of 222 FirstFirst . 83 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 103 . LastLast

Thread Information