Page 92 of 222 FirstFirst . 82 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 102 . LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Quarterback situation

What is everyone's take on seeing MD and Brad McGuire alternating series against Illinois? Is that a possibility? Is it practical? Is it time to alter our approach in this "get er done or say goodbye" year for Bustle? Is it time to put in Brad and move MD to a two back set and/or additional receiver? (if asking that question irritates you. sorry, it is just a question).

Would Illinois be the time and place to experiment? Or do we stick with our pre-existing football season strategy on offense and grind it out. hoping it clicks?

Of course, if our defense doesn't figure things out. who QBs may not really matter much. What say you guys?

Default Re: Quarterback situation

In no way do I think that Des is not an able quarterback, but I think we could have done things much differently. I believe we wasted a good quarterback in John Hundley as well as the open field playmaking ability of Des. Even last year, look at the offensive spread we could have had. Chery and Smith on the outsides, Des in the slot, Fenroy in the backfield, with Hundley taking snaps. Run no tight ends with Wallace in the other slot or next to Fenroy.

I'll take my shot at Bustle here. That would involve an offense with more than 4 plays though, so I'm not sure how Ricky would take it.

With all that being said, offense is not the problem right now. If we can't stop a team from running for 400+ when they are held to 40 the next week, we aren't going to beat anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    _ In no way do I think that Des is not an able quarterback, but I think we could have done things much differently. I believe we wasted a good quarterback in John Hundley as well as the open field playmaking ability of Des. Even last year, look at the offensive spread we could have had. Chery and Smith on the outsides, Des in the slot, Fenroy in the backfield, with Hundley taking snaps. Run no tight ends with Wallace in the other slot or next to Fenroy.

I'll take my shot at Bustle here. That would involve an offense with more than 4 plays though, so I'm not sure how Ricky would take it.

With all that being said, offense is not the problem right now. If we can't stop a team from running for 400+ when they are held to 40 the next week, we aren't going to beat anyone. _

I think you will see a much better MD the rest of the year. I think you will find that he has improved his passing game although he didn't show it at USM. I do NOT think that McGuire is an option to start or even see significant PT right now as he is a freshman that was limited in offseason due to injury.

In regards to Hundley, he is probably a very good passing QB but unless Bustle is to change this offense, Hundley did not fit in well at all. He is not a runner and the zone option running game is what we employ. Look at every other qb that we have on our roster. They are at the very least able to move around and keep D's honest. Now, if Bustle had any imagination I'm sure he could have employed a similar system to what Florida ran with Leak and Tebow but I'm not going there. I just think that Hundley was in the wrong system.

4. Default Re: Quarterback situation

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    _ In no way do I think that Des is not an able quarterback, but I think we could have done things much differently. I believe we wasted a good quarterback in John Hundley as well as the open field playmaking ability of Des. Even last year, look at the offensive spread we could have had. Chery and Smith on the outsides, Des in the slot, Fenroy in the backfield, with Hundley taking snaps. Run no tight ends with Wallace in the other slot or next to Fenroy.

With all that being said, offense is not the problem right now. If we can't stop a team from running for 400+ when they are held to 40 the next week, we aren't going to beat anyone. _
    I think that the qb that played the last 2 games for the Cajuns was the real deal---Conner Morel was waisted---He had one win and a Cherry fumble from 2 wins!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    In regards to Hundley, he is probably a very good passing QB but unless Bustle is to change this offense, Hundley did not fit in well at all. He is not a runner and the zone option running game is what we employ. Look at every other qb that we have on our roster. They are at the very least able to move around and keep D's honest. Now, if Bustle had any imagination I'm sure he could have employed a similar system to what Florida ran with Leak and Tebow but I'm not going there. I just think that Hundley was in the wrong system. _
    A) Why was he recruited if he wouldn't fit the system?

B) He held his own running the ball in high school; he is just more effective throwing the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ I think you will see a much better MD the rest of the year. I think you will find that he has improved his passing game although he didn't show it at USM. I do NOT think that McGuire is an option to start or even see significant PT right now as he is a freshman that was limited in offseason due to injury.

In regards to Hundley, he is probably a very good passing QB but unless Bustle is to change this offense, Hundley did not fit in well at all. He is not a runner and the zone option running game is what we employ. Look at every other qb that we have on our roster. They are at the very least able to move around and keep D's honest. Now, if Bustle had any imagination I'm sure he could have employed a similar system to what Florida ran with Leak and Tebow but I'm not going there. I just think that Hundley was in the wrong system. _
    What have evidence do you have that Des has improved his passing? Look I am a huge Des fan but he from what i've seen, he just doesn't have the arm/accuracy.

I would like to see McGuire get some snaps to see what he can do. If nothing else get him a little experience for next season. If the D is going to be as terrible as it was vs. USM, then we may only win 2 games anyway so why the hell not play two QB's?

7. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns to Collide with Illini in Champaign

UL - The Ragin' Cajuns football team is on the road again this week. This time the team travels north to Champaign to take on the Fighting Illini of Illinois. The Cajuns (0-1) are comming off a bye week and will take on the Illini for the first time in school history. The Cajuns have only faced a team from the Big Ten three times, with all the games being against the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers. The game will be televised on the Big Ten Network at 11 a.m.

The Cajuns were productive on the ground against Southern Miss on Aug. 30, racking up over 260 rushing yards. The passing attack distributed the ball well with Cajuns quarterbacks connecting with eight different receivers on the day. The rushing attack was led by seniors Michael Desormeaux and Tyrell Fenroy.

Fenroy is only eight yards away from tying Brian Mitchell as UL's all-time rushing leader. Fenroy is also within striking distance of Don Wallace among UL's career total offense leaders. If he passes Wallace, Fenroy will move in to seventh all-time.

Desormeaux is currently 10th all-time in career passing yards. He only needs 72 yards to move into 9th all-time. With over 193 yards passing, Desormeaux would move into 7th all-time.

The Ragin' Cajuns return home on Sept. 20 to face Kent State in the season's home opener at 6 p.m.

Ragin'Cajuns.com

8. Tickets Get Your Individual Tickets for UL Football Games

Individual football game tickets have gone on sale to the general public. You may order your tickets by visiting the CAJUNDOME Ticket Office or online at Ticketmaster.com

You can still purchase season tickets by printing the season ticket order form and mailing it in to the CAJUNDOME Ticket Office.

Game tickets for away football games are still available for purchase.

For more ticket information or to purchase your tickets, call (337) 265-2100.

RaginCajuns.com

9. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns set to travel

With Hurricane Ike threatening to hit the Louisiana coast later this week, UL's football team is prepared to spend some extra time on the road before and after playing Illinois on Saturday.

Instead of flying out of Lafayette on Friday afternoon and coming back Saturday afternoon, the Ragin' Cajuns might leave whenever their charter flight is available on Thursday and not return to town until Sunday. The Cajuns (0-1) play the 24th-ranked Fightin' Illini (1-1) at 11 a.m. Saturday at Memorial Stadium in Champaign, Ill.

UL officials will continue to monitor the path of Ike before making any changes in travel arrangements.

"Looking at the predicted path of the storm, we realized very early that we needed to look into some contingency plans," said Scott Farmer, UL's senior associate athletic director. "Mr. David Walker (UL's athletic director) and I met at 7:30 this morning and started those plans.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • September 9, 2008

10. UL Football Opponent View: Hurricane Ike may put Illini foe on run

CHAMPAIGN - The Rajin' Cajuns of the University of Louisiana-Lafayette could be Rantoul-bound Thursday as the football team tries to duck out of town ahead of a knockout punch from Hurricane Ike.

Louisiana-Lafayette is Illinois' football opponent at 11 a.m., Saturday at Memorial Stadium. The original plans called for the team to fly from Lafayette, La., to Champaign on Friday afternoon. But with Ike closing in on the Gulf Coast, the team has investigated changing its plans.

``I do know their athletic director is working on some things to possibly come to Rantoul, with the team working out and staying up there,'' said Cassie Arner, University of Illinois athletics department spokesman. ``We've checked into the availability of all of that. It's up to them.''

The rest of the story

By MARK TUPPER - H&R Executive Sports Editor

11. UL Football Opponent View: Cajuns QB has leg up on Illini's Williams

Two of the nation's top three rushing quarterbacks will square off when Louisiana-Lafayette visits Illinois on Saturday (11 a.m., BTN, 560-AM).

Propelled by a career-high 174 rushing yards against Eastern Illinois, the Illini's Juice Williams is sixth in the nation in total offense with 379.5 yards per game, and his 92-yard rushing average ranks third among quarterbacks.

But the top rushing quarterback is the Ragin' Cajuns' Michael Desormeaux, who ran for 146 yards in a 51-21 loss to Southern Miss and ranks 10th in the nation in rushing among all players.

The rest of the story

BY HERB GOULD hgould@suntimes.com

If this coaching staff isn't doing everything it can to win NOW (including playing two QB's), the season is already done. I know Desormeaux is a great ATHLETE, but I don't think he's a good QB.

Default QB Club

Article up.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns set to travel

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    The team will leave at 230 Friday, which was the originally scheduled time.

yea i agree.and a slot reciver and scat back would prob be better fit for himand the whole team

Page 92 of 222 FirstFirst . 82 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 102 . LastLast

Thread Information