Page 91 of 222 FirstFirst . 81 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 101 . LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. UL Football UL Football returns with clear focus

The popping of helmets and shoulder pads rang across the field Thursday for UL's football team.

It marked the first practice for the Ragin' Cajuns since giving up 633 total yards and committing four turnovers in Saturday's 51-21 loss against Southern Miss at M.M. Roberts Stadium. Hurricane Gustav plowed through Louisiana earlier in the week, canceling classes and practice at UL until Thursday.

"I just saw them trying to do the right things today," UL coach Rickey Bustle said of his players. "We played hard (against Southern Miss). We just played bad. I thought we moved the ball well at times offensively, which is hard to do when you turn it over. Defensively, we had too many misalignments.

"They caught us a couple times not lined up right."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • September 5, 2008

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns get total makeover

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    _ ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME???? WHAT RETARD CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY UL DOESN'T GET TOP BILLING IN THIS TOWN???? I've earned my right to speak out because I am a season ticket holder (that can't give tickets away). This football program is the epitome of pathetic. I never was one to jump on the coaching staff, but simply put, Bustle is ultimately responsible for our showing on the field. 26-45. nough said. This "team" is a joke.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!! _

So basically you are a season ticket holder but support the Tigers rather than the Cajuns? In that event, you haven't earned any right in my book and you should just give back your tickets or better yet give them to me. I have plenty of friends who would love some season tickets. With fans like you, who needs Dr. A??

Default Re: Southern Miss predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    _ Close??? I guess a poor CUSA team did ok.LOL!! _

Your the man, Funny how your total of 3 posts came after the game rather than before it. You are full of quality insights arent' ya?

Default Re: Opponent View: USM vs UL

_ Well Zephyr, what happened???? _

We played like crap. I don't need you to come here to point it out. I like how you wait til AFTER the game to start running your mouth.

Default Re: UL Football returns with clear focus

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _

I'm sure we were misaligned quite a few times there coach. What about our players getting blown 5 yards off the ball and the fact that our LB's couldn't shed a block? Do you think that had something to do with the record yardage given up last Saturday? I sure do. There's no misalignment that could explain that ten yard hole in the middle of the line that Fletcher looked surprised to be running through.

6. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns get total makeover

"Makeover" sounds kind of sissy to me. How about we can look for a total 'TRANSFORMATION' on defense.

i]igeaux.mobi[/i]

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ I'm sure we were misaligned quite a few times there coach. What about our players getting blown 5 yards off the ball and the fact that our LB's couldn't shed a block? Do you think that had something to do with the record yardage given up last Saturday? I sure do. There's no misalignment that could explain that ten yard hole in the middle of the line that Fletcher looked surprised to be running through. _

I think sometimes what is more disheartening than the actual loss is Bustle's response to the loss. It is like he has no clue as to what happened or how to correct it. We lose to McNeese and to ULM for like 4 years in a row and it is just like water off a duck's back. He doesn't appear to understand MUST WIN games like those two. I'm sure as a coach he wants to win more than anyone. It is just the way he refers to things, how he appears lost as to what happened and how to correct them that befuddles me. He says nothing to inspire the average fan, particularly after losses like USM or even the McNeese and ULM losses. From what I have read recently, a player or two have commented that he doesn't really inspire them either, which has more importance and presents more concern. We'll see how this team responds vs. Illinois next week, then our home opener vs. Kent State. I feel for the players who have put so much into making this a successful season.

"I just saw them trying to do the right things today," UL coach Rickey Bustle said of his players. "We played hard (against Southern Miss). We just played bad. I thought we moved the ball well at times offensively, which is hard to do when you turn it over. Defensively, we had too many misalignments."
    Pardon my politically incorrectness, but this dude is retarded. He is not taking responsibility for this loss. Some coach we have. Oh yeah, uhwe just played bad. OMG!!!! This guy needs to take responsibility for this loss. And our players sure as hell did not deserve his responses. Misalignments? Bustle, it's because of COACHING!!!! Get your s&#t together for these kids, because it seems that they have never given up on you.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ I think sometimes what is more disheartening than the actual loss is Bustle's response to the loss. It is like he has no clue as to what happened or how to correct it. We lose to McNeese and to ULM for like 4 years in a row and it is just like water off a duck's back. He doesn't appear to understand MUST WIN games like those two. I'm sure as a coach he wants to win more than anyone. It is just the way he refers to things, how he appears lost as to what happened and how to correct them that befuddles me. He says nothing to inspire the average fan, particularly after losses like USM or even the McNeese and ULM losses. From what I have read recently, a player or two have commented that he doesn't really inspire them either, which has more importance and presents more concern. We'll see how this team responds vs. Illinois next week, then our home opener vs. Kent State. I feel for the players who have put so much into making this a successful season. _
    you mean your anxieties about the coaching staff weren't completely assuaged by the line "coaches yelled at players walking on or off the field"?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL Football returns with clear focus

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    _ you mean your anxieties about the coaching staff weren't completely assuaged by the line "coaches yelled at players walking on or off the field"? _
    If anything, the players should've been yelling and screaming at the COACHES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ We played like crap. I don't need you to come here to point it out. I like how you wait til AFTER the game to start running your mouth. _
    Oh come on Zephyr, you have to admit after that great game your Cajun's defense played, this is just too funny.

"The entire D has bulked up tremendously this year and they have gotten faster. Next, once we had our entire unit on the field for the last 3 games of last year, they allowed a little over 300 yards a game in total yardage. This ocurred once they all got on the field at one time. I believe this D will be faster, stronger, bigger and much more aggressive. Do I think they will turn into LSU's D? Of course not. I do expect them to be a different unit though."

_ Oh come on Zephyr, you have to admit after that great game your Cajun's defense played, this is just too funny.

"The entire D has bulked up tremendously this year and they have gotten faster. Next, once we had our entire unit on the field for the last 3 games of last year, they allowed a little over 300 yards a game in total yardage. This ocurred once they all got on the field at one time. I believe this D will be faster, stronger, bigger and much more aggressive. Do I think they will turn into LSU's D? Of course not. I do expect them to be a different unit though." _

Yes Oriface, you are correct. What do you want us to explain? We played like crap, got blown off the ball all night and didn't recover. What else would you like me to say? Maybe your intelligence level doesn't allow for you to make that assessment on your own. Sorry for the confusion.

13. UL Football UL gearing up for Illinois

LAFAYETTE — The University of Louisiana apparently found the appropriate remedy for a 30-point, season-opening loss.

UL completed three consecutive days of practices Saturday morning during an open week that precedes the Cajuns’ Sept. 13 contest at Illinois.

“It was a good three days, just what the doctor ordered,” said UL coach Rickey Bustle.

Bustle said Hurricane Gustav altered the original schedule that had the Cajuns resuming practices Tuesday.

UL’s players were free to make their own arrangements for the storm following last Saturday’s 51-21 defeat at Southern Mississippi.

The Cajuns experienced no problems from the storm, said Bustle.

The rest of the story

By BOB ARDOIN
    Special to The Advocate

Default Re: UL gearing up for Illinois

I wonder what they are doing to gear up? Running sprints? Spotting the running back 5 yards then trying to catch him enroute to a 65 yard touchdown? Giving their best Ron Landry impression.

15. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns focus on Illini

After spending three consecutive practices focusing on itself, UL's football team finally looked ahead to its next opponent on Sunday night.

With Hurricane Gustav long gone, the focus is now on Illinois, which was ranked 24th in the most recent AP poll and played last season in the Rose Bowl. Led by junior quarterback Isiah "Juice" Williams, the Fightin' Illini (1-1) play host to the Ragin' Cajuns (0-1) at 11 Saturday morning at Memorial Stadium in Champaign, Ill.

"He's a heck of a player," UL coach Rickey Bustle said of Williams. "He's such a great athlete. He's really developing."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • September 8, 2008

Page 91 of 222 FirstFirst . 81 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 101 . LastLast

Thread Information