Page 90 of 222 FirstFirst . 80 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 100 . LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns get total makeover

"I don't think we tackled very well," he said.
    Nah, really!?!
    Total Yards: 633
    "I thought our special teams were good.
    Punt Average: 34.8 yards - not very good to me

I thought we did something moving the football. It's just doggone turning it over a couple times.
    "Setting them up at midfield made it tough."
    Turnovers: 4
    QBs (combined): 11/24 (45%) 131 yards (5.5 avg) 1TD 2INT

THANKS CAPTAIN OBVIOUS FOR YOUR INSIGHT INTO HOW WE LOST THAT GAME. I WAS CONFUSED UNTIL YOU SPOKE.

hey at least we are breaking records

3. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns get total makeover

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    hey at least we are breaking records
    and not the good kind either.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ Josh, good article. But, I notice on the web site that once again LSU is top billing about their stadium damages and underneath the article are reports on:

The ASU game
    Pre game
    Fan Day
    Media Day
    Storm Report

Meanwhile, UL is the 3rd article behind LSU and high school football and under the article is:

UL Fan Day 2

I don't know what the actual print copy of the paper is like as I only see the website. Why would the website not mirror the paper for lead articles?

At what point does our local team get #1 status daily in our local paper, like LSU does in the Advocate? And, when can we expect the UL section now that football season has started? You indicated that was something you were working on for approval. Thanks. _
    After the way we played on Saturday, I for one was GLAD that we didn't get top billing! 1) We didn't deserve it, since we played like a high school team. and 2) maybe that way fewer people saw how BAD we ACTUALLY played!

But that's just ME!!

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    _ With the s***ty performance this past weekend, you expect the Advertiser to give them top headlines? Doesn't compute. _

It doesn't matter what our record is, UL should ALWAYS be the top headline in the paper. If LSU loses a couple of games in a row, do you think the Advocate will put UL up there, followed by high schools, then LSU? I don't think so. Why should it be different in Lafayette? Except that it has never been that way here. It is time for a change, regardless of our record or our performance. UL should be #1 in its own home town. Period.

What does total makeover mean? Are they going to go to a totally different defense or different personel or moving personel to different positions?

Quote Originally Posted by Etowncajun View Post
    _ What does total makeover mean? Are they going to go to a totally different defense or different personel or moving personel to different positions? _
    I was also wondering that same thing. Might as well try some different things out against Illinois. Whats the worst that can happen we give up 50+ points, oh wait we've already done that. Or maybe we actually find something that works. Regardless something needs to be changed ASAP. If we play the same defensive scheme against Illinois, we will have another record day, and it won't be in our favor. Maybe we could start with a few tackling drills.

_ Josh, good article. But, I notice on the web site that once again LSU is top billing about their stadium damages and underneath the article are reports on:

The ASU game
    Pre game
    Fan Day
    Media Day
    Storm Report

Meanwhile, UL is the 3rd article behind LSU and high school football and under the article is:

UL Fan Day 2

I don't know what the actual print copy of the paper is like as I only see the website. Why would the website not mirror the paper for lead articles?

At what point does our local team get #1 status daily in our local paper, like LSU does in the Advocate? And, when can we expect the UL section now that football season has started? You indicated that was something you were working on for approval. Thanks. _

ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME???? WHAT RETARD CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY UL DOESN'T GET TOP BILLING IN THIS TOWN???? I've earned my right to speak out because I am a season ticket holder (that can't give tickets away). This football program is the epitome of pathetic. I never was one to jump on the coaching staff, but simply put, Bustle is ultimately responsible for our showing on the field. 26-45. nough said. This "team" is a joke.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

_ It doesn't matter what our record is, UL should ALWAYS be the top headline in the paper. If LSU loses a couple of games in a row, do you think the Advocate will put UL up there, followed by high schools, then LSU? I don't think so. Why should it be different in Lafayette? Except that it has never been that way here. It is time for a change, regardless of our record or our performance. UL should be #1 in its own home town. Period. _

It WILL not happen when you have as many LSU fans in the Lafayette area as UL fans. Add to that mix the fact that we continue to not get it done. then you end up with less than top billing.

Last week or so, someone called in to Jay's show and was wondering why the Cajuns had been picked to finish in the bottom half of the SunBelt. He didn't understand it. the Cajuns returned just as many players as the other teams picked above us.

I couldn't call in because I was jogging at the time, but I am sure that what I was thinking was the same as what THEY were thing. UNTIL YOU'VE DONE IT, WE WON'T PICK YOU AS THOUGH YOU CAN!

PERIOD!

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME???? WHAT RETARD CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY UL DOESN'T GET TOP BILLING IN THIS TOWN???? I've earned my right to speak out because I am a season ticket holder (that can't give tickets away). This football program is the epitome of pathetic. I never was one to jump on the coaching staff, but simply put, Bustle is ultimately responsible for our showing on the field. 26-45. nough said. This "team" is a joke.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!
    hey.uhh.if your looking to give away tickets, then send them to me, ill take em

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    _ ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME???? WHAT RETARD CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY UL DOESN'T GET TOP BILLING IN THIS TOWN???? I've earned my right to speak out because I am a season ticket holder (that can't give tickets away). This football program is the epitome of pathetic. I never was one to jump on the coaching staff, but simply put, Bustle is ultimately responsible for our showing on the field. 26-45. nough said. This "team" is a joke.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!! _

Just because UL football is pathetic as you pointed out, UL is still this town's university. Love your Tigers all you want, and I agree that UL football is a joke and is in need of immediate overhaul, but that still doesn't mean LSU should be #1 in the home newspaper of UL. I don't care how many LSU fans live in Lafayette, LSU is located in Baton Rouge where it gets #1 status. The Advertiser can and should still report on LSU, but not at the expense of UL. I hate more than anyone how bad UL football has gotten over the past 15 years and the administration hasn't done anything to rectify it. But, in Lafayette, UL should be #1 regardless of how pathetic its teams are. And in reporting about UL, demands need to be made to turn this thing around. Our new President has got to step up and do something. The local paper should be a major voice in demanding change.

Well Said

CC

_ It doesn't matter what our record is, UL should ALWAYS be the top headline in the paper. If LSU loses a couple of games in a row, do you think the Advocate will put UL up there, followed by high schools, then LSU? I don't think so. Why should it be different in Lafayette? Except that it has never been that way here. It is time for a change, regardless of our record or our performance. UL should be #1 in its own home town. Period. _
    Need someone with deep pockets to start a local paper and drive this bunch out of town. A friend of mind from Fla. was in town. His comments on the DA was, "this paper looks like a pamphlet, you can roll it up and put it in your back pocket.have to agree.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Ragin' Cajuns get total makeover

_ Just because UL football is pathetic as you pointed out, UL is still this town's university. Love your Tigers all you want, and I agree that UL football is a joke and is in need of immediate overhaul, but that still doesn't mean LSU should be #1 in the home newspaper of UL. I don't care how many LSU fans live in Lafayette, LSU is located in Baton Rouge where it gets #1 status. The Advertiser can and should still report on LSU, but not at the expense of UL. I hate more than anyone how bad UL football has gotten over the past 15 years and the administration hasn't done anything to rectify it. But, in Lafayette, UL should be #1 regardless of how pathetic its teams are. And in reporting about UL, demands need to be made to turn this thing around. Our new President has got to step up and do something. The local paper should be a major voice in demanding change. _
    houston, you have identified the problem. however, you are preaching to the choir when you say that to me. i agree wholeheartedly with everything you say. top billing doesn't have to be a kiss-up job. maybe more above the fold honest analyses of our performances like saturday's might do more to hold a mirror up to our deficiencies in the area of our coaches and players performances. regardless, our hometown university should never take a backseat to any other sports story anywhere, or anytime in our hometown newspaper. oh, and big earl, go "geaux your f-ing tigers" on some other board.

Default Re: Too soon to write off the season?

Yes it might be too early to write of the season but the majority of us on this message board are die hard fans that have been around the program for a long time. The USM game is too close to recent history to think that this season can be success.

I hope I am wrong! I hope that is the case especially for the players. They are working hard and it is even more frustraiting for them.

Page 90 of 222 FirstFirst . 80 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 100 . LastLast

Thread Information