Page 89 of 222 FirstFirst . 79 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 99 . LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Hey, CajunFun

No I think most people that are not meterologists should not post their weather "OPINIONS". My wife has suddenly become a meterologist and a Medicial doctor with Web MD.

Default Re: Too soon to write off the season?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaginCajun06 View Post
    _ We could wish to start 1-5 and then go on a monster run and capture 1/3 of the SBC Title and not make a bowl game! _

The problem with that is it would get Bustle a contract extension as co-champs of the SBC. Some would say isn't that what we want, so why not keep him as a coach? Others would say it is only step-up to mediocrity with a 6-6 record. After 7 years, we deserve better. Unless this team goes on to win at least 7 games, which is highly unlikely given the first week's performance, there should be no circumstances under which he remains as coach. If we are going to step up our program, we need a major change in direction.

Default Re: Southern Miss predictions

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    _ hey man i am not attacking your school but it is true that the SEC has set higher standards than those set by the NCAA.
    Again, can you prove that or are you just running your mouth? If you can prove it, by all means do so, if not I'd suggest Pepto.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaginCajun06 View Post
    _ We could wish to start 1-5 and then go on a monster run and capture 1/3 of the SBC Title and not make a bowl game! _

Default Great School, Great City, WTF?

Lafayette is a much better city to live in than LC, BR or Ruston. Why can't we get it straight? We truly need a name that will get people excited and will actually do something. Some on here have made much fun at others that have no patience for a bad coach etc. We have way to much patience. The Pokes got rid of a coach after a few 6-5 seasons. We give Busted praise and an extentsion. I much believe the attitude from us and players must change. It is not to late.

Quote Originally Posted by awadelewis View Post
    _ I think it's too early to write off the season completely even with the disappointing showing from our defense against USM. There are games that can be won later in this roadtrip from Hades that's opening the season assuming the defense picks up somewhat and we don't get beat up too much in two upcoming money games. The question is whether or not we see better play from the defense against Illinois and Des and Fenroy are healthy going into the Kent State game. On the other hand, if we end going 0-6 to start the season, I'll add my voice to the chorus demanding a coaching change. But I can still see a outside chance of us being 3-3 if things fall the right way (defense decides to start playing, offense works like then on some series during the USM game). _
    You are wrong. It is time to write off the season and Buscle along with it. We need a complete change in every way. All new staff with no holdovers. What Buscle is doing with Desormeaux is reminiscent to what Haslett did with Aaron Brooks. Nothing personal but they are both going to be gone at the end of the season.

If Desormeaux IS the best quarterback on the team we are in serious trouble. Like Haslett, I would wonder why not give Delhomme a chance - What do you have to lose - afterall you know you are going to be fired at the end of the season. Maybe we don't have a Delhomme waiting in the wings but I say try somebody else anyway.

It's not losing to Southern Miss that hurts its the pathetic lackluster way we played the game. Therefore if the starters can not give a better effort than they showed we owe them nothing for showing up to practice . Bench'em all and move on. At least the new coach will have a better idea of who the starters should be!

BUSCLE IS NO LEADER OR MOTIVATOR, NO MORE EXCUSES - GOODBYE YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE!

Default Re: UL vs USM will be a RUSH

Thanks.

Like I told a friend today, "If we don't win, I won't lose any sleep. Auburn is stout. If we win, I'll likely lose a liver because the bars won't close in Hattiesburg that night"

I do think it is too early to write off the SEASON. This is different from writing off coach Bustle. The problem with our fanbase is that many have already packed it in and will unfortunately not provide any support at upcoming home games. We played a really good team last week. Quite possibly the second best team on our schedule. Should we expect to compete more and even win some non-conference games? Absolutely. I've seen a nice progression in the offseason this year by the players and a new attitude. I truly believe they put something together and put a much better product on the field than what you saw last week. If not, we get a new coach and start over. It's that simple. We will test Dr. Savoie quickly to see if he will allow us to pony up the dough to get a well qualified leader here and do what Dr. A wouldn't do.

Too soon to write off the season?
    Yes.

10. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns get total makeover

As residents of the Louisiana coast attempt to clean up from Hurricane Gustav, UL's football team plans on returning to practice as early as today for its first off week on the schedule.

The objective: clean up some issues on both sides of the ball after Saturday's 51-21 loss at Southern Miss before a Sept. 13 game at nationally ranked Illinois.

In mere minutes, the luster of a new season wore off as the Golden Eagles jumped out to a 21-0 lead in the first half and never looked back. The Cajuns saw USM gain a school-record 633 yards, with junior running back Damion Fletcher running for a career-high 222 yards and two touchdowns in 2 1/2 quarters of action. Junior Bubba Kirksey added 20 rushes for 110 yards and one TD as the Golden Eagles ran for 427 yards - the program's best rushing total at Roberts Stadium.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • September 4, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by wgwillis View Post
    _ You are wrong. It is time to write off the season and Buscle along with it. We need a complete change in every way. All new staff with no holdovers. What Buscle is doing with Desormeaux is reminiscent to what Haslett did with Aaron Brooks. Nothing personal but they are both going to be gone at the end of the season.
    Not at all as I don't think this season is a complete failure given one really bad game against a good team. The unknown is whether or not you see an improvement in the next set of games. One wonders if the coaching staff is good enough to get that kind of performance improvement out of this team. If you're right and Bustle and his assistants are the idiots that many people seem to think they are and we go 0-12 or 3-9, then they're gone next season. The difference from the past and reason why I'm optimistic about the program is that I don't think that would have happened with the previous administration. It would have taken 3 or 4 years of that type of performance before Dr. A. would have let his AD fire a head coach. So, I see reason to be optimistic for the program even if we end up having a really bad season this year.

However, it's still very possible that you'll see this team go 6-6 or 5-7. That, for good or ill, may be good enough for Rickey Bustle to keep his job until his current contract terminates. What I don't know is whether or not 3 or 4 years of that level of performance (given the past pathetic history of the program) would be viewed by the administration as acceptable enough for them to renew his contract in 2011.

I agree with you about Mike Desormeaux playing out of position. Any other BCS program in the country would have him playing either CB or LB on the defense. Some FCS schools might use him as a tailback. However, he does have the talent to be able to play at that level in a position that would be better suited to his talents. I think you think you're misjudging the individual talent on this team. We've got individual talent equal to or better than any of the upper level schools in the FCS and a lot of the mid-majors in the BCS.

However, it's still very possible that you'll see this team go 6-6 or 5-7. That, for good or ill, may be good enough for Rickey Bustle to keep his job until his current contract terminates. What I don't know is whether or not 3 or 4 years of that level of performance (given the past pathetic history of the program) would be viewed by the administration as acceptable enough for them to renew his contract in 2011.

That is exactly the problem. We have fallen so low, we are hoping for 5-7 or 6-6 for a successful season. And sadly, that may be enough for Bustle to remain. Mediocrity is our battle cry.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns get total makeover

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _

Josh, good article. But, I notice on the web site that once again LSU is top billing about their stadium damages and underneath the article are reports on:

The ASU game
    Pre game
    Fan Day
    Media Day
    Storm Report

Meanwhile, UL is the 3rd article behind LSU and high school football and under the article is:

UL Fan Day 2

I don't know what the actual print copy of the paper is like as I only see the website. Why would the website not mirror the paper for lead articles?

At what point does our local team get #1 status daily in our local paper, like LSU does in the Advocate? And, when can we expect the UL section now that football season has started? You indicated that was something you were working on for approval. Thanks.

UL Football Re: Ragin' Cajuns get total makeover

A make-over on D is definitely necessary. We "took" every play fake and proved that arm tackling is ineffective. We have some good personnel on the defensive side of the ball but time and time again they were slow to react and the front line was ineffective at firing off the ball usually allowing a USM O line to get into their body and control them.

Offensively, we did a lot of good things but four turnovers do not win ballgames. Telegraphing pass routes does not work at D-1 level. It seems from spring depth charts we have "changed" to put speed on the field. Well, Alabama beat a better, faster Clemson team with steady, mistake free ball. Look at the mistakes from our wide receivers and tightends. I would prefer we put the kids in there that give their heart, fight to the end but also put us in a position to win (no dropped passes, not fumbles after the catch, etc.)

This team CAN be a solid team but the selection of personnel should not be based on "locality" or perceived speed but on consistency and steady play. When the game is on the line, who do you want to go to battle with? The one shot wonder or the veteran from the previous wars?

This may be a swing year for our coaches so what do they do? Play it out with current "changed" philosophy or work the program for a possible (???) future upswing. A complete look at our skill position players must be done this week. Steady, mistake free ball while utilizing the entire offensive / defensive packace available can salvage / revitalize this team.

EVERY skill position should be re-visited. QB must read and throw (good teams stop one dimensional). WR must run correct route and catch. TE must block better as well as catch and hold on to the ball steady is better than flashy at TE). D-line must be hungry and better fundamentally (there are no press clippings for them to read - so go play) and all defensive players MUST want to tackle. The kids can play but a little "shift" between coaching and player expectations may give us a more consistent product.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns get total makeover

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Josh, good article. But, I notice on the web site that once again LSU is top billing about their stadium damages and underneath the article are reports on:

The ASU game
    Pre game
    Fan Day
    Media Day
    Storm Report

Meanwhile, UL is the 3rd article behind LSU and high school football and under the article is:

UL Fan Day 2

I don't know what the actual print copy of the paper is like as I only see the website. Why would the website not mirror the paper for lead articles?

At what point does our local team get #1 status daily in our local paper, like LSU does in the Advocate? And, when can we expect the UL section now that football season has started? You indicated that was something you were working on for approval. Thanks.
    With the s***ty performance this past weekend, you expect the Advertiser to give them top headlines? Doesn't compute.

Page 89 of 222 FirstFirst . 79 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 99 . LastLast

Thread Information