Page 63 of 222 FirstFirst . 53 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 73 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Alternate Routes Back to Lafayette

Thanks everyone.

Default Re: Alternate Routes Back to Lafayette

I'm not sure about what the plan is this time but with Katrina contraflow ended at Poplarville Miss, so you might be able to take 59 south to there then come across through Bogalusa.

When I evacuated for Katrina I went to then took 21 to Bogalusa and 10 into Poplarville, even with gridlock on the interstate there was very little traffic on the backroads.

Default Notes from the Quarterback Club

Before Rickey started to speak last Monday, I asked him if I could take notes. He hesitated, and then said "Sure." I told him if he said anything he didn't want published, to let me know before he left. He didn't say anything.

That afternoon & evening, I worked hard to put the notes together. (And it was hard. Dang it, Fouquier can't get a name or a number or a hometown right. I spent more time with the USM roster and Googling their players than I did writing the article, trying to figure out who the heck he was talking about.)

But when I finished and looked it over, I thought, "You know, I haven't read a lot of this stuff anywhere else." I didn't know if any of it was supposed to be confidential, but just in case, I decided I wouldn't publish it until it was too late for USM to do much with it.

I have to say, it certainly got me pumped up, more than anything else I've read. For those of you who were griping about Bustle, look at the comments in the article, then look at the articles in the side banner on the front page, with Bustle's and Fouquier's 'official' comments.

Dunno if it was intentional on the coaches' parts, but there was a lot of info that was left out of the official stuff. Like I said, it got me pumped.

4. Default Re: Alternate Routes Back to Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    _ I'm not sure about what the plan is this time but with Katrina contraflow ended at Poplarville Miss, so you might be able to take 59 south to there then come across through Bogalusa.

When I evacuated for Katrina I went to then took 21 to Bogalusa and 10 into Poplarville, even with gridlock on the interstate there was very little traffic on the backroads. _
    If the traffic out of NO is heavy on I59, when you get to Bogalusa, you can go north thru Angie and hit US 98 at the edge of Columbia Ms. Very good roads.

5. Default Getting Home After the Game?

I plan on bringing a car load of cajuns to the USM game. I am not worried about getting there, it's getting home after the game I am worried about Does anyone have any inside scoup on what the traffic flow will be? Or when if a decision will be made before 10:00am tomorrow so I can decide to go or not.

Default Re: Getting Home After the Game?

I'm in the same boat as you. We're leaving at 10am but not sure about the roads home after the game

"Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal said Thursday evening contra-flow evacuations, if needed, could begin as early as Saturday."

More than likely they wouldn't begin until Sunday, but there is the possibility of it starting on Saturday.

Default Re: Notes from the Quarterback Club

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Before Rickey started to speak last Monday, I asked him if I could take notes. He hesitated, and then said "Sure." I told him if he said anything he didn't want published, to let me know before he left. He didn't say anything.

That afternoon & evening, I worked hard to put the notes together. (And it was hard. Dang it, Fouquier can't get a name or a number or a hometown right. I spent more time with the USM roster and Googling their players than I did writing the article, trying to figure out who the heck he was talking about.)

But when I finished and looked it over, I thought, "You know, I haven't read a lot of this stuff anywhere else." I didn't know if any of it was supposed to be confidential, but just in case, I decided I wouldn't publish it until it was too late for USM to do much with it.

I have to say, it certainly got me pumped up, more than anything else I've read. For those of you who were griping about Bustle, look at the comments in the article, then look at the articles in the side banner on the front page, with Bustle's and Fouquier's 'official' comments.

Dunno if it was intentional on the coaches' parts, but there was a lot of info that was left out of the official stuff. Like I said, it got me pumped.

Few times am I floored, but that article was awesome, thank you for the hard work to put everything together.

The one thing that stood out in the article though was the WR depth chart, specifically this quote

"For wide receivers, we have Louis Lee & Derrick Smith, and Caleb Rubin and Richie Falgout. We're going to be using some 4 wide receiver sets. At the XYZ positions we have Lance Kelley, Pierre Hill, and Ross Goodlett."

Umm.where is Jason Chery? I know hes still with the team because I saw him on the chart for kick returns, but not here. I'm guessing/hoping that this was a brainfart on Bustle's part.

Going home alternate route from USM:

Instead of going I 55 to I 12/I 10 because I12/10 will be crazy. You may want to go hwy 98 to hwy 84 cut across in Natchez to Hwy 28 to I 49 in alex. and then go south to Laf.

You shouldn't encounter southbound traffic on I 49.

9. Default Ron Hudson on The SportsNote

Very good interview by Bil.

On quarterbacks coach Ro stated the quarterbacks are expected to correct things on the field. This ability went a long way in determining who was named 2a & 2b at QB

Posted via Mobile Device

UL Football No game time change for UL game

BREAKING NEWS: There will be no change in the start time for UL-Southern Miss football game

Southern Miss athletic director Richard Giannini and UL athletic director David Walker have both confirmed that there will be no change in the start time for Saturday's football game.

Kickoff remains at 6 p.m. at Carlisle-Faulkner Field in Hattiesburg, Miss.

UL fans making the trip are asked to plan an alternate route for the return trip to Lafayette because of possible contraflow traffic that could be instituted by the state at 6 p.m. Saturday with the approach of Hurricane Gustav.

Contraflow traffic will close all the state's major interstate routes, with traffic only allowed to flow north.

"One thing we tried, we took our morning practices, and made every coach spend 40 minutes-- which is long-- on nothing but fundamentals. "

This is good to hear from the coaching staff as it was a big problem last year, esp. with the defense. Let's hope see some benefit from it this weekend.

The DOTD has a map with the contraflow plans posted at http://www.dotd.state.la.us/maps/

13. Default IN THE BURG

tHE WIFE AND I are in the comfort Inn---hope to see ya'll----LSU game moved to 10 am---UL game per USM ready to geaux at 6pm!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    The one thing that stood out in the article though was the WR depth chart, specifically this quote

"For wide receivers, we have Louis Lee & Derrick Smith, and Caleb Rubin and Richie Falgout. We're going to be using some 4 wide receiver sets. At the XYZ positions we have Lance Kelley, Pierre Hill, and Ross Goodlett."

Umm.where is Jason Chery? I know hes still with the team because I saw him on the chart for kick returns, but not here. I'm guessing/hoping that this was a brainfart on Bustle's part.
    Sorry, I was typing as fast as I could. I could have missed him, or it may have slipped coach's mind for the moment? It's very off the cuff, so it's not like a prepared statement. He did talk about Chery other places.

Thanks for the comments!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ Before Rickey started to speak last Monday, I asked him if I could take notes. He hesitated, and then said "Sure." I told him if he said anything he didn't want published, to let me know before he left. He didn't say anything.

_
    If your coaches and team spent a lot of time looking at LA Tech film, you're in for a big surprise. Larry Fedora has never been a coach at that school. Also, Darrel Wyatt did not come from OSU. He was the OC at the University of Arizona, and he will be the one calling the plays.

Page 63 of 222 FirstFirst . 53 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 73 . LastLast

Thread Information