Page 49 of 222 FirstFirst . 39 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 59 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Southern Miss predictions

Quote Originally Posted by GoEagles View Post
    _ You forgot to mention that one side also has a 5-star, 6'6" receiver that runs a 4.5 forty. Your tallest DB is 6'1". Talk about a mis-match. Said WR is also running with the 2nd and 3rd strings because we're so talented and deep at WR. Oh yeah, we also have an All-American TE that no defense has ever had an answer for, along with one of the best running backs in the nation. Our QB's have been very successful going against a better defense all fall than they'll see on Saturday. And it's not like they're true Freshmen. They've been on the team for 2-3 years, have gone through a couple of spring and fall practices, and one has even started a game. If you're expecting our QB to come out and be intimidated, then you're just fooling yourself. The sheer talent around him will make his job simple. _
    mismatch? ya think, randy moss is a mismatch for every corner in the nfl. what corner wouldnt be a mismatch for a 6'6 receiver. i dont think there is one team in the country with a 6'6 CB. I'm not arguing the fact of the talent but to bring up the point of a 6'6 receiver being a mismatch for a 6'1 CB is pretty weak," not to mention 6'1 for a CB is pretty tall.

Default Re: Parking at USM?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee View Post
    _ No problem. If you remember, I sat next to you at the UH game. Let's hope for the same result! _
    As long as we don't go down by 21 this time

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Cajuns Sell Out

Quote Originally Posted by GoGold View Post
    _ their allotment of 2,500. Congrats. I would say that makes you the fifth largest visiting crowd to come to the Rock. Behind NEB, MS State, Jackson State and '99 Tulane.

Some Golden Eagle fans on the rivals payboard calling for a home and home series with LA.I agree. _
    I agree, USM Fans are always hospitable to us when we come and and vice versa. It is a great series whenever we play each other. I have only known one USM fan to get a little overboard and that was 2 years ago at a baseball game. He wasn't your typical gracious fan, but it was resolved.

One big party, Krewe de Chew will be there.

Geaux Cajuns

Default Re: USM Tickets SOLD OUT

Quote Originally Posted by PR_Eagle View Post
    Awesome news guys!

Should be a great atmosphere on Saturday!
    Thanks for all the props from the USM fans.

Our schools go way back, we were in the same conference for 20 or 30 years, I believe. USM dominated, of course.

This weekend, doing some research, I stumbled across this pix from our 1939 Homecoming. to USM

We lost, 9-7.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

All I'm saying is USM has Blake Anderson as offensive coordinator. He sucks at play calling.

All I'm saying is USM has Blake Anderson as offensive coordinator. He sucks at play calling.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ All I'm saying is USM has Blake Anderson as offensive coordinator. He sucks at play calling. _
    I didn't think Blake was OC. Maybe a positions coach or something?

_ All I'm saying is USM has Blake Anderson as offensive coordinator. He sucks at play calling. _
    actually he is not the OC he is the QB's coach. he will not be calling the plays.

I don't think our QB coach will have anything to do with calling plays.

I came here for some friendly pre-game smack to make the game interesting.
    LOL! And, where's the problem? Missy, we just don't buy into your goofy fact filled predictions on how the game will go. Don't get your feathers in a wad over it.

Default Re: USM Tickets SOLD OUT

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    This weekend, doing some research, I stumbled across this pix from our 1939 Homecoming. to USM
    Nope, that's Galvez & Co kicking the British out of West Fla.

Default Re: Cajuns Sell Out

Quote Originally Posted by cajun eagle View Post
    _ -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    USM is committed to at least six home games in order to keep a commitment to those who signed the long term leases on suites and club seats. We have four conference games at home each year and have signed one and ones with teams like Virginia and Kansas who are coming aboard shortly. That one and one situation with those two gives us one home game each year which with conference games gets us at five. That leaves one more which complicates it a bit because we want a super school who demands two from us for one visit to the Rock. Nebraska is set to fill that gap but as you see, it leaves us one home game short every other year so that is the hole we must fill with a team that agress to come to the Rock without a return game. We have had no problem getting McNeese, Jackson State, Southeastern, etc to come in for that game so in doing that our schedule is set, 6 games minimum at the Rock. Setting up a New Orleans game with UL would reduce it to five which is unacceptable. And, from a recruit standpoing, a visit to the Rock far surpasses the Superdome with its sanitized and generic environment. A campus visit exposes them to the hordes of fans, tailgating, campus atmosphere, a beautiful facility with a digital videoboard, etc. Besides, we normally get Tulane in the dome on a conference rotating basis. I like playing the Cajuns but am sure you dont want to continue coming to USM without return visits so this game might be it for a long time. _

Our fans often wonder why we can't get a home and home series with some C-USA schools and most thought it was a school simply looking down at us. Your reasoning makes sense since your boosters who pay a lot for the suites demand the 6 home games a year. We will be looking at stadium expansion/improvements in the near future and will likely be facing the same scenario as you. Every school wants to see BCS competition in their own stadium and, I agree, playing UL in the SuperDome would not benefit either school. It appears that the only long term solution is conference realligment in the near future that will bring us into the same conference. And, a conference with 12 members and a championship game that will help solve the scheduling dilemma.

As mentioned Anderson is actually the qb coach. I think having him on staff is a plus for USM. He knows your players. He will know their strengths and weaknesses. I am sure he has let it be known to the players and coaches that your offense is for real and you have a very talented pair in your qb and rb.

_ You guys are overly sensitive. I came here for some friendly pre-game smack to make the game interesting. I haven't said anything hostile towards any of you. _

The smack about who will win and why is fun and we shouldn't be sensitive to that, especially given we haven't won much lately. We'll have to prove it on the field. What bothers me and perhaps many others is the reference to us as Ooh La La. That we do take seriously. Our quest is to the common reference of UL and Louisiana, NOT U La La and NOT Louisiana-Lafayette. Our athletic department is putting out material that refers to us only as Louisiana and UL; however, we still have a ways to go for universal acceptance. We would appreciate USM picking up the UL and Louisiana names and not the demeaning U La La.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to the game, but will watch it on your webcast. Looks like UL sold out its 2,500 allottment plus another 500 to 1,000 more attending along with our band. It should be a great atmosphere to open the season. As you can tell, we are highly optimistic about this year and many of us are predicting a Cajun win, which would be an upset. Good luck to USM the rest of the year.

Default Re: Cajuns Sell Out

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    An annual game in the Superdome would expand the USM fan base (recruiting) in Louisiana.

How much is that worth? _
    He raises an interesting point about the construction of the suites and the kind of commitment, i.e. 6 home games, involved in getting them "under contract" so to speak. We could find ourselves in a similar situation if we go in that direction in the future. Puts another angle on future scheduling.

Page 49 of 222 FirstFirst . 39 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 59 . LastLast

Thread Information