Page 34 of 222 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Southern Miss game

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    I think when we win on a consistent basis like Southern Miss the city will come around.
    CC
    CC, you just might be on to something. We need to put that thought to the test. NOW!!!!

2. UL Football Secondary not a worry for USM 1st-year coach Larry Fedora

HATTIESBURG, Miss. — Southern Miss has defensive issues with only four starters returning, but cornerback C.J. Bailey doesn't see many problems in the secondary.

Bailey had 10 starts last season as a redshirt freshman and was productive, making 40 tackles, breaking up 10 passes and recording two interceptions. His performance earned Conference USA All-Freshman recognition, and he has been selected as a preseason first-team all-conference choice by Athlon Sports.

"I gained a lot of experience last year, and I've got to build on it," the Moss Point, Miss., native said as the Golden Eagles continue preparations for the Aug. 30 opener against Louisiana-Lafayette. "I made some mistakes, I learned from them, and I became a better player."

The rest of the story

By KIM SHUGART

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    You must be talking about I-59. Methinks you've been in Texas too long!
    Touche'

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee View Post
    _ Dude, you are an idiot. _
    Touche'

what section are the UL tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    _ what section are the UL tickets? _
    Mine are in Q.Im thinking thats where they all are

Default Re: Southern Mississippi secondary not a worry for first-year coach Larry Fedora

The name of the DB in the article is CJ Bailey seems real familiar. Did we recruit this guy and maybe he orginally committed to us before signing wity USM. He was a freshman all CUSA. Seems we lost a good one.

Default Re: Southern Mississippi secondary not a worry for first-year coach Larry Fedora

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ The name of the DB in the article is CJ Bailey seems real familiar. Did we recruit this guy and maybe he orginally committed to us before signing wity USM. He was a freshman all CUSA. Seems we lost a good one. _

I've been following the USM websites and they don't seem to be too worried about playing us as an opener. Most are predicting a 45-3 victory for USM. They are looking ahead to Auburn the following week. I hope the team is doing the same. However, it will be the first game for the new coach and the season opener, so the team should be ready. I think this will be a hell of a game, whoever wins it. It is definitely a winnable game for UL. I am predicting an upset win!

8. Default Re: Season Predictions

hope to see all of yaw in hattiesburg. we will have plenty of room, food, and infinitly more important beer. we tailgate in loyalty field right next to the east side of the stadium. hope yaw join us. bring your boudan and we will cook it up to.

southern miss

Default Re: Season Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by southernmiss View Post
    hope to see all of yaw in hattiesburg. we will have plenty of room, food, and infinitly more important beer. we tailgate in loyalty field right next to the east side of the stadium. hope yaw join us. bring your boudan and we will cook it up to.

southern miss
    He is telling it like it is. Bring yourself to the Rock and party down. It is a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ The name of the DB in the article is CJ Bailey seems real familiar. Did we recruit this guy and maybe he orginally committed to us before signing wity USM. He was a freshman all CUSA. Seems we lost a good one. _
    We were recruiting him but as far as I know he never committed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ I've been following the USM websites and they don't seem to be too worried about playing us as an opener. Most are predicting a 45-3 victory for USM. They are looking ahead to Auburn the following week. I hope the team is doing the same. However, it will be the first game for the new coach and the season opener, so the team should be ready. I think this will be a hell of a game, whoever wins it. It is definitely a winnable game for UL. I am predicting an upset win! _

From many of the posts I've read, these fans are amazed that we think we even have a shot of beating them. They came here and couldn't believe that they were reading posts about upset wins and such. Pretty funny.

12. UL Football Fall Practice, Monday

Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns followed Sunday’s day of rest with a good practice on Monday afternoon. The team worked for two hours in full pads under partly cloudy skies and cool, but humid, conditions.

Monday’s practice featured middle drill, a team period and a pair of two-minute drills.

The team had its worst practice of the fall last Monday, as some of the players hadn’t refocused following their day off. This Monday’s practice was much different, receiving high praise from the head coach.

“I thought it was a good practice,” head coach Rickey Bustle stated. “We came out focused and got better.

“Last Monday was the only day (of camp) that we didn’t get better. The coaches had to push (last Monday) and get after the players a little bit, but we didn’t have to do that (this Monday).”

The first team offense was able to covert their two-minute drill into a touchdown thanks to a deep pass by Michael Desormeaux to Jason Chery. The defense stymied the second team offense on downs before the offense could get into field goal range.

“(Monday) was the first time we’ve done the two-minute drill,” Bustle said. “We have to get better at it. We’ll work on it some Tuesday and do it live on Wednesday.”

Monday’s work in full pads was not planned by the coaches to motivate the players following their day off. The team followed its regular schedule and will do the same on Tuesday with a walk through in the morning followed by practice in shorts and shoulder pads at 3:30 p.m. The team will end camp with a scrimmage on Wednesday at 3:30 p.m.

RaginCajuns.com

13. UL Football Special force: Game's third phase a strength for UL

When it comes to blocking kicks, the numbers don't lie at UL.

Since 2002 the Ragin' Cajuns have blocked 32 kicks - the third-most in the country during that time behind Texas (39) and Fresno State (38).

The program has never gone more than five games without blocking a kick since head coach Rickey Bustle took over in 2002.

"Our philosophy is to put your best players on special teams," said Bustle, who works closely with UL's special teams. "If a guy gets tired you rest him on offense and defense."

The Cajuns also have a potent weapon in senior kicker Drew Edmiston, who is a preseason all-Sun Belt selection this year. Edmiston has converted 21-of-27 field goals and 58-of-62 points-after attempts in the past two seasons.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • August 19, 2008

14. UL Football UL striving for consistency

There’s been little that’s gone according to Rickey Bustle’s rebuilding schedule at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.

Three seasons ago, the Ragin’ Cajuns took what appeared to be a significant step forward for the program, claiming a share of the Sun Belt Conference’s championship with a 6-5 record — the school’s first winning mark in 10 years.

Since then UL has gone 6-6 before stumbling to a 3-9 record after an 0-5 start a year ago — matching the same low mark Bustle endured in his first year at the school.

“We were probably a little ahead of schedule when we won the conference,” Bustle said. “There were other things that had to be changed in the program and they’re starting to change now and I’m excited about that.

The rest of the story

By WILLIAM WEATHERS
    Advocate sportswriter

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ From many of the posts I've read, these fans are amazed that we think we even have a shot of beating them. They came here and couldn't believe that they were reading posts about upset wins and such. Pretty funny. _
    Folks on this board often get admonished for being "negative nancies," but what did people over there expect? Our job as fans is to bring unbridled optimism into the new season. It's why preseason is fun! Hope springs eternal!

For all golden eagle fans, here ya go:
    "We have no chance to win this game, and if we do, it would be because of massive mistakes by your team. Why do we even play? We suck. I hate my team"

Page 34 of 222 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 . LastLast

Thread Information