Page 21 of 222 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Season Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    _ I hope you eat your words when the season is over!

As for size, the defense will be bigger and deeper this year; not to mention, Fourquier wants SPEED over size!

What is your agenda with Troy? You obviously do not know Wingerter. The man is an ambassador of the university! _

We can't go by the roster on the RaginCajun.com website. It is partly from last year and from the Spring Game. I hope they update it soon. It looks like a lot of our players have reported bigger and stronger than last year, according to some reports I have read.

I am extremely pumped about this year but, I am a realist.
    4-8

With only 5 home games it will be hard to go .500.

Default Re: Day Two Slide Show

Thank you Cajun T! You are doing a wonderful job with your pics on the practices. I am living UL football vicariously through you my friend.

Default Re: Play Calling

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez View Post
    In a two minute offense.
    Would that also be what one's wife would call one on a bad night?

My heart says 6-6, brain says 3-9

Default Re: University stands firm in 1-A football plans

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Rusty's a friend of mine, but I don't know why he says things like, "Are we ever going to be Auburn, or LSU? Absolutely not."

Once again:

In the 1970's, Miami came very close to dropping football (UL is 1-1 against the 'Canes).

In the 1960's, Virginia Tech was a small military school.

Until 1946, FSU was a women's school, and even after that, was a perennial doormat until they hired Bobby Bowden.

Who every heard of USF until about a decade ago?

Louisville and Cincy were patsies in pretty much everything except basketball until the 1990's.

I cannot think of another area (of any value) where Lafayette, or UL, strive to be #2. I know that Rusty's ambitions for his bank are to be the biggest and best possible.

If other schools can do it, we can too. It only takes courage and vision.
    PREACH, My Brother, PREACH !!!!!!!

Hard year for Ricky, but I see 5-7 being harder on the fans. Unfortunately we start the season with four straight loses, pull the surprise at ULM, and somehow beat the Blue Raiders on a Wednesday of all things in December.

Ricky read the riot act and given one final chance to prove he was the right hire.

USM - L
    Illini - L
    Kent - L
    K state - L
    ULM - W
    NTU - W
    ASU - W
    FIU - W
    UTEP - L
    FAU - L
    Troy L
    M Tenn - W

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express View Post
    _ Hard year for Ricky, but I see 5-7 being harder on the fans. Unfortunately we start the season with four straight loses, pull the surprise at ULM, and somehow beat the Blue Raiders on a Wednesday of all things in December.

Ricky read the riot act and given one final chance to prove he was the right hire.

USM - L
    Illini - L
    Kent - L
    K state - L
    ULM - W
    NTU - W
    ASU - W
    FIU - W
    UTEP - L
    FAU - L
    Troy L
    M Tenn - W _
    Can't say I disagree with u much, X.the predicted loss to Kent State confuses me though???

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Can't say I disagree with u much, X.the predicted loss to Kent State confuses me though???

Z
    Yeah, I think that game is the key game for the year. I think we MAY have a chance to beat USM, but likely won't (given our series history). Kent is at home and is a very winnable game, just as the Ohio game was last year. You saw the results of the season after the second half melt-down against OU. I think as the Kent game goes, so goes the season for the Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express View Post

You're predicting a losing record and not changing staffs.

Just how sucessful do you think we will be running this offense next season without Fenroy and Desmo?

At some point, losing has to be unacceptable, doesn't it?

Otherwise, we are all just wasting our time.

Also, not changing direction if we have a losing season will most likely kill any momentum gained from the new adminstration, the RCAF, etc.

I just don't see the public going along with this.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Play Calling

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    _ Would that also be what one's wife would call one on a bad night? _
    That or an incompletion.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    _ You're predicting a losing record and not changing staffs.

Just how sucessful do you think we will be running this offense next season without Fenroy and Desmo?

At some point, losing has to be unacceptable, doesn't it?

Otherwise, we are all just wasting our time.

Also, not changing direction if we have a losing season will most likely kill any momentum gained from the new adminstration, the RCAF, etc.

I just don't see the public going along with this. _
    You are confused. I am making predictions on what I think will happen, not what I would do if it happens I support Ricky, but he would have been gone last year, and for sure this year if he could not turn it around. Supporting does not mean turning a blind eye to non progress.

If you think that all is lost if Ricky has a losing season and is not fired you are mistaken, but it will make it that much harder on the next coach.

_ Can't say I disagree with u much, X.the predicted loss to Kent State confuses me though???

Z _

Kent State will not have any issues with heat and humidity mid way into September, and we will have just come off of two hard road loses. IMO the game will go like the Ohio game last season. Cajuns get their legs from there and lose to only BCS team KSU, better teams in the conference, and maybe upset El Paso.

14. UL Football Fall Practice: Day 3

The Ragin' Cajuns came out to practice on Wednesday afternoon, but were quickly ushered inside the Leon Moncla Indoor Practice facility due to wet and rainy conditions. The team worked 10 periods in shorts and shoulder pads concluding prior to 6pm.

“We had a good day overall,” defensive coordinator Kevin Fouquier said. “They played hard from the beginning of practice all the way until the end.”

With the team adding shoulder pads for the first time this fall, the practice slate included a few competitive and physical varsity sessions.

“The offense gassed the defense quickly,” Fouquier explained. The offense came off the ball and set our pads. We got knocked around a little bit in the first couple of plays, but the defense kept after them and came back to have a good day.”

The defense has come up with a mindset that has already been repeated heavily over the first three days of practice.

“We’ve talked about being a demolition crew on defense,” Fouquier stated. “Our motto is T&T, which stands for tackles and turnovers.

“The defense had five turnovers (on Wednesday) to meet our goal. Everyday of practice the coaches want the defense to force five turnovers or more.”

The Cajuns will practice on Thursday at 3:30 p.m. in shorts and shoulder pads and on Friday at 3:30 p.m. in full pads. Saturday’s scrimmage at Cajuns Field has been set for 2:30 p.m.

RaginCajuns.com

Z
    Kent State supposedly has one of the best running backs in the MAC. Considering our run defense last year, I can see someone predicting a loss there. UTEP was not that strong last year on defense either. We may surprise a CUSA team in that game.

Page 21 of 222 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 . LastLast

Thread Information