Page 20 of 222 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. Default Re: Fall Practice Day 2

Excellant!!

Default Re: University stands firm in 1-A football plans

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Articles like this puzzle me. Who is talking about moving down besides disgruntled alums and fans from other schools? Since 1982 NO ONE was moved down. MANY have moved up. That right there tells you which league you need to be in. _
    One of the recommendations of the study about the state of the university was to consider moving to 1AA. Another useless government study.

Default Re: Season Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    _ I hope you eat your words when the season is over!

As for size, the defense will be bigger and deeper this year; not to mention, Fourquier wants SPEED over size!

What is your agenda with Troy? You obviously do not know Wingerter. The man is an ambassador of the university! _
    While I don't envy Troy's position but he has missed on a lot of prospects. I find that he can be arrogant.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by 4LSU View Post

Everything that happens in this state is controlled by one group.the citizens of this state. _
    That is a very naive statement. Perhaps it's correct, technically, because the people who run gov't are elected by the people. But to say that the state is controlled by the people, as if the people were allowed to vote on certain things like Highway funding, Coastal Erosion Programs, or Educational issues, is very incorrect.

Back in the day, those politicians were most certainly elected by the people, but everything they did was in their best interest, not of the people's best interest.

5. Default Re: Season Predictions

I think we will go 7-5
    I think we will beat USM, UTEP, and Kent St.
    3-2 non conference and 4-3 in the conference.

Simulated UL's 2009 season on NCAA Football 09 last night. UL will go 7-5 and play Texas in the Insight Bowl.

UL starts off 3-1 (loss @ Illinois). Finishes 5th in the Belt. Defeated OOC teams USM, Kansas State, Kent State, and UTEP. UNT claims the conference championship. 4 Belt teams go bowling. Monroe stays home, despite finishing 4th in the conference (overall record of 6-6).

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ gO READ THE BOOK AND i AM SURE THAT YOU WILL FIND OUT A LOT MORE THAT YOU DID NOT REALIZE!!!!--iT OPENED MY EYES TO A LOT AND i ROOMED with and coached names that were investigated!!!! _
    my point is, editorializing with opinions as to what team could beat another is not a "news report." the news report would be the article about which team DID beat the other. i was in b.r., but remember well how good the lamar teams were--i simply took issue with having "news reports" telling us who could win certain games theoretically.

8. Default Re: Play Calling

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron View Post
    _ Desormeax is smart enough to call his own plays. _
    In a two minute offense.

I have a Question Re: Play Calling

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez View Post
    _ In a two minute offense. _
    Was that meant to be a question or a statement?

10. Default Re: Play Calling

Statement. The two minute drill is the only time there is an advantage to the QB calling his own plays.

11. UL Football UL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION PLANS TRIP TO USM

Ragin' Cajun fans can join the UL Alumni Association in supporting Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns as they take on the Golden Eagles of the University of Southern Mississippi in the season opener on Saturday, Aug. 30.

A chartered bus will depart the UL Alumni Center at 9:45 am Saturday morning and return immediately after the game.

A fee of $100 per person includes travel, game ticket, and refreshments on the bus.

To register for the bus trip, please call the Alumni Office at (337) 482-0900 or log on to www.LOUISIANAalumni.org

If we pull off Southern Miss, I could see 7-5 or 8-4. Without Southern Miss, I will go with 6-6. I hate having only 5 home games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ That is a very naive statement. Perhaps it's correct, technically, because the people who run gov't are elected by the people. But to say that the state is controlled by the people, as if the people were allowed to vote on certain things like Highway funding, Coastal Erosion Programs, or Educational issues, is very incorrect.

Back in the day, those politicians were most certainly elected by the people, but everything they did was in their best interest, not of the people's best interest. _
    "That is a very naive statement"

Hey, I can be a naive kinda guy, but in this case I will go with your "Perhaps it's correct." part. Ok

I understand that we don’t individually get to vote on issues. We get to vote for people who in-turn vote on the issues. Seems like a fair amount of control to me, but each to our own.

I have a Question Re: Play Calling

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez View Post
    _ In a two minute offense. _
    Was that meant to be a question or a statement?

Must have hit the "go" button twice.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Fun makes me chuckle (a lot) with that stuff. I guess he just doesn't like us.
    _
    I don't know bout the "us" part, but I get the feeling I'm not on his Christmas gift list.

All kidding aside, I wish your Cajuns nothing but success this football season.

Page 20 of 222 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 . LastLast

Thread Information