Page 219 of 222 FirstFirst ... 209 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Will Northern Ill. Fans Show Up?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    _ I don't know how many UL fans would've shown up, but there is little doubt that it would've easily been 2X what will show up from NIU (and I actually think a fair number of NIU fans are coming).

I'm not the cajun hater some of y'all think I am. I was disappointed Sunday night when I was under the impression that we (meaning Tech) CHOSE NIU over UL. Now that I know that wasn't the case, I feel a little better about it. I was looking forward to the tailgating.

I'm gonna buzz-off now because I've given y'all enough grief. I will say that I understand how y'all feel being left out. We've been there and it sucks. No doubt. Good luck getting your ship straight. Ours is far from straight, but it's 100% better than it was in 2006. It just takes one hire. _
    It doesn't take a hire. It takes scheduling a 1aa weakling like Southeastern instead of playing a all 1a schedule. We have the same number of wins as Louisiana Polytechnical vs. Division 1A - 6.

Default Re: One of our Sunbelt Schools has a member of the I bowl Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ "Even though its relatively public on their board, I just as soon not say who, or what school his allegiance lies".

see the above from the first post in the thread. _
    riddle me this riddle me that lol

Default Re: One of our Sunbelt Schools has a member of the I bowl Board of Directors

I have met the guy before. Very good dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ as one of its alums. Even though its relatively public on their board, I just as soon not say who, or what school his allegiance lies.

His take on the future of the I-Bowl

Q. You think the I Bowl will survive this? I know there are rumors that you may be done for

A. Even with the extra 10 TV sets we get in Chicago, we have less than 25% chance of making it...

RIP I Bowl 1976 - 2008 _

Quote Originally Posted by KAjunRaider View Post
    _ I have met the guy before. Very good dude. _
    Just by the way he answered the question he doesn't sound very pleased with the decision.

Default Re: Question for the Bustle haters....

If any of these coaches were so great then why did they get fired? The only UL athletic program that is consistent is baseball. Even Robe will drop a (what the hell was that) kinda season once in a while. Look at whats going on in basketball. Weren't we as a team better under Jessie Evans? Didn't we get rid of him to clean the program up? Hows that working out?

If we can finish top 3 in the sunbelt year in and year out and win between 5 and 8 games.... that might be our ceiling.

Default Hypothetical attendance question...

We were #1 in the belt this year. Alot of that had to do with our homecoming and winning 4 in a row...

BUT,

after beating the drum to get attendance up... how many years of 21K to 28K would we need in a row to give up at least one money game if not both? Don't we make more money on the gate?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ If any of these coaches were so great then why did they get fired? The only UL athletic program that is consistent is baseball. Even Robe will drop a (what the hell was that) kinda season once in a while. Look at whats going on in basketball. Weren't we as a team better under Jessie Evans? Didn't we get rid of him to clean the program up? Hows that working out?

If we can finish top 3 in the sunbelt year in and year out and win between 5 and 8 games.... that might be our ceiling. _
    I'm a GREAT fan of both UL baseball and of Coach Robe... but UL baseball is not as "consistent" as you might think. Add up the conference championships and regional play wins over the past 10 years. Its not quite as good as you might think till you go through the exercises.

Default Re: Will Northern Ill. Fans Show Up?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunpride101 View Post
    No wonder LA Tech has a problem playing the belt in a bowl. They already have their fill of former powerhouse members Idaho, Utah State and NMSU. Now THAT is a tough schedule. _
    I watched their game vs NMST with interest. LaTex scored the winning TD in the last couple of minutes of the game (btw, their only points in the entire second half) on a play where their wide receiver went out of bounds and came back inbounds to make the catch and score. It was an illegal play and the refs gave it to them. That and a win in a slugfest with SLU got them to the Independence Bowl.

UL Football Re: Will Northern Ill. Fans Show Up?

All I know is I will watch the I-Bowl to see how much Blue tarp they have in the stands to push the fans together so to make the attendance LOOK as though there is a nice crowd!

10. Default Re: Hypothetical attendance question...

Good question. I would also like to see more home games, but not on a Wednesday night...what was that all about? Just to be on ESPN + or whatever channel it was on.

_ If any of these coaches were so great then why did they get fired? The only UL athletic program that is consistent is baseball. Even Robe will drop a (what the hell was that) kinda season once in a while. Look at whats going on in basketball. Weren't we as a team better under Jessie Evans? Didn't we get rid of him to clean the program up? Hows that working out?

If we can finish top 3 in the sunbelt year in and year out and win between 5 and 8 games.... that might be our ceiling. _
    We didn't get rid of Jessie Evans he left for more money. Robert was the first choice but Cyprien came in and was quickly out because somethings on his resume were false.

If 5 game is our ceiling then some people aren't doing their jobs. UL should strive to be better than that. If coaches come in and don't get it done then they need to stop playing around and fire them and move on. Our fan base is very soft on speaking up about people needing to be fired but it is a business and if things aren't good then you have to change something. I think years of horrible play though has made the fan base apathetic. It is time to stop thinking about the past when discussing the future of the program however and make some moves that will put UL on the map and out of the crapper/

Default Re: Hypothetical attendance question...

_ We were #1 in the belt this year. Alot of that had to do with our homecoming and winning 4 in a row...

BUT,

after beating the drum to get attendance up... how many years of 21K to 28K would we need in a row to give up at least one money game if not both? Don't we make more money on the gate? _
    The question could only be answered after we have the 2007-2008 Budget and Actual cost numbers in hand. In addition to those numbers, we would have to look at donation dollars, capital improvements and take into account a yearly increase in the Football Operating Budget to grow the program. In my humble opinion, this would not be possible in the near future. Keep in mind, we are light years behind Troy and FAU in football Budget and Operating cost. Those two should be our target goals! You have to be able to compete with the top programs in your conference yearly for Championships and Bowls. We are not there yet.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ The question could only be answered after we have the 2007-2008 Budget and Actual cost numbers in hand. In addition to those numbers, we would have to look at donation dollars, capital improvements and take into account a yearly increase in the Football Operating Budget to grow the program. In my humble opinion, this would not possible in the near future. Keep in mind, we are light years behind Troy and FAU in football Budget and Operating cost. Those two should be our target goals! You have to be able to compete with the top programs in your conference yearly for Championships and Bowls. We are not there yet. _
    The only way we are going to "catch up" is to implement a "major" private funding system. It may be a pain in the butt to our administrators, but I would vote to drop football altogether if we are going to continue to attempt to hang out at the bottom of the FBS and think we are going to get luckier than others... with less money.

As for questioning money games break points against home game ticket sales, etc... if our admin doesn't have that equation and data well in hand... Lord help us.

Does anyone know anything about the Ragin Cajun Club? I was reading through Bustle's contract and the Ragin Cajun Club pays all the incentives and benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by angellebertrand View Post
    _ Good question. I would also like to see more home games, but not on a Wednesday night...what was that all about? Just to be on ESPN + or whatever channel it was on. _
    No kidding. I don't see the value in that. Needs to be ESPN2 if we are going to give up a Saturday.

Thread Information