Page 212 of 222 FirstFirst ... 202 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. Default Re: Desormeaux displays his warrior spirit

This is a fantastic article! It sums up the heart and drive of Mike so well. He will be so missed.

Default Re: Desormeaux displays his warrior spirit

Great article! Des is one of my all-time favorite Cajuns. Few athletes have the full package of athleticism, drive, and humility. He has them in spades. Hopefully Des can have a professional football carreer, but if he doesn't I am sure he will be successful in whatever he does.

He had some darn good fantasy passing stats last night

FOUR TDs ZERO picks
    I didn't see too many balls hit the ground
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKate View Post
    _ This is a fantastic article! It sums up the heart and drive of Mike so well. He will be so missed. _
    Heist is a good writer. Hopefully he will do more Cajun pieces in the future.

Default Re: Question for the Bustle haters....

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ So he won his biggest game last night as a cajun head coach... would you support him IF the cajuns get a bowl bid and IF the cajuns get a win in the bowl...

that'd give him a 2 year extension right? _
    First off I don't think there is anyone here that is a Bustle hater. We all wanted him to be successful. After seven years we have one winning season and a .500 season to hang our hats on. His record against ULM is bad and he got blown up by McNeese State. His biggest game ever a few weeks against Troy we got blown out 48-3. Yea I know we had injuries but dang! I want nothing less than a bowl win. However without support from the top to get serious about football, we could dig up Bear Bryant and Vince Lumbarti and it wouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Great article! Des is one of my all-time favorite Cajuns. Few athletes have the full package of athleticism, drive, and humility. He has them in spades. Hopefully Des can have a professional football carreer, but if he doesn't I am sure he will be successful in whatever he does. _
    Des is also an outstanding student with a 3.9 GPA. I am proud that he is a Ragin Cajun. There is no question he is the leader of this team and deservedly so.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ First off I don't think there is anyone here that is a Bustle hater. We all wanted him to be successful. After seven years we have one winning season and a .500 season to hang our hats on. His record against ULM is bad and he got blown up by McNeese State. His biggest game ever a few weeks against Troy we got blown out 48-3. Yea I know we had injuries but dang! I want nothing less than a bowl win. However without support from the top to get serious about football, we could dig up Bear Bryant and Vince Lumbarti and it wouldn't matter. _
    If I reply, does that make me a "Bustle hater?" (I am NOT!)

Just a small correction, RC90. We have had TWO .500 seasons. Big whoop. We have had "non-losing" seasons 3 out of the past 4 years, all with 6 wins. Is that where we want to be? Absolutely not. The program seems to be heading, ever so slowly, in the right direction. Is Bustle the one who can get us to a consistent winning level? I don't know. Maybe he's almost there, maybe he never will be. Right now, it's a tough call. I'd say, given his contract and how he had things going so well in mid-season, we stay the course one more year. I know some will say we are losing our greatest RB ever and one of our greatest QBs, so how can we get better? Let's just see how recruiting goes and next season winds up and then evaluate again. No more excuses, even the extraordinary injury situation of this season won't cut it next year. Now, if the AD decides to move in a different direction at this point (doubtful), I would not have any problems with that.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Great article! Des is one of my all-time favorite Cajuns. Few athletes have the full package of athleticism, drive, and humility. He has them in spades. Hopefully Des can have a professional football carreer, but if he doesn't I am sure he will be successful in whatever he does. _
    We have been blessed with not one, but two such athletes on this team. I think you can safely put Fenroy in that rare group as well.

9. Default Re: Question for the Bustle haters....

we need a bowl with these seniors. otherwise, i dont care how people spin it, its a disppointing year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcobra View Post
    _ we need a bowl with these seniors. otherwise, i dont care how people spin it, its a disppointing year. _
    At this point though the work is done and it is out of our hands. The season is either a dissapointment or not, regardless of a bowl bid. Personally I enjoyed the season much more than the 6-5 or 6-6 year. We had a couple week run that was the most exciting stretch of Cajun football in my memory.

Like you I really hope these guys get another game. It would really help prepare next year's team and would be a great way to send off the Senior Class.

11. UL Football UL Offense Dominates Phil Steele's All-SBC

The Ragin' Cajuns offense dominated Phil Steele's All-Sun Belt Conference team released on Thursday. Six starters from the Sun Belt's top rated offensive attack earned praise from the magazine.

Quarterback Michael Desormeaux, running back Tyrell Fenroy, center Chris Fisher and Offensive Lineman Brad Bustle were named to the first team. Wide receiver Jason Chery and tackle Kyle Pirtle earned second team honors and tackle Jonathan Decoster made the third team.

The Sun Belt will release their all-conference team on Tuesday, December 9.

RaginCajuns.com

Default Re: UL Offense Dominates Phil Steele's All-SBC

I hate to be nit picking with whoever does ragincajuns.com, but Brad Bustle was also a first teamer on phil steele and he deserves the same recognition as the other 3 cajuns that were named as first teamers.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    _ I hate to be nit picking with whoever does ragincajuns.com, but Brad Bustle was also a first teamer on phil steele and he deserves the same recognition as the other 3 cajuns that were named as first teamers. _
    That's not nit-picking, that's correcting. Thank you for doing it. I'm sure Mrs. Bustle (and Coach) appreciates it, too!

I emailed the Sports Info Department asking them to change the article to include Brad also called the Athletic Department and it's been fixed

15. UL Football Season Honors

UL's offense, which dominated opposing defenses for most of the season, was well-represented on Phil Steele's All-Sun Belt Conference team released late Thursday. Six starters from the league's top offensive unit were recognized by the publication.

Quarterback Mike Desormeaux, running back Tyrell Fenroy, left guard Brad Bustle and center Chris Fisher were named to the first team. Desormeaux and Fenroy became only the second quarterback-running back combo in NCAA history to rush for 1,000 yards in back-to-back seasons. Fenroy is one of only seven NCAA rushers to log four 1,000-yard rushing seasons.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • December 6, 2008

Page 212 of 222 FirstFirst ... 202 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... LastLast

Thread Information