Page 17 of 222 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. Default Re: University stands firm in 1-A football plans

I guess I didn't realize it at the time---BUT after reading Slam Dunked ---LSU must have been worried ---I mean news reports that we alone could beat UCLA--that is pretty strong!!!

Default Re: University stands firm in 1-A football plans

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I guess I didn't realize it at the time---BUT after reading Slam Dunked ---LSU must have been worried ---I mean news reports that we alone could beat UCLA--that is pretty strong!!!
    that's pretty neat. never knew that, a little before my time.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: University stands firm in 1-A football plans

cajun fun, i would be interested in doing a little research myself into certification reviews. could i get into it online at middleton library? some direction?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Season Predictions

my prediction:

7-5

heart and head.

5. Default Re: University stands firm in 1-A football plans

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    _ CAJUNryan4 did your Dad go to U(s)L? _

yep

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Season Predictions

From 4 to 8 wins. but that's not a prediction.

7-5

@USM L
    @ILL L
    Kent St W
    @KSU L
    @ULM L
    @NT W
    ASU L
    FIU W
    UTEP L
    @FAU L
    @Troy w
    MT L

4-8
    Bustle fired, chaos ensues.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ But that's exactly my point. You guys have been in the lead forever. but you're still scared to death of us. With good reason.

Despite Baton Rouge's much greater size and resources, Lafayette is kicking the Capital City's butt every which way from Sunday: culture, tourism, technology, economic development, community development, overall vision.

Well, hoss, Lafayette is run by UL alums.

BR is run by State alums.

If UL alums can beat out State alums in competitions involving whole cities, then we can most certainly do it at the much smaller level of the university.

Correction: We are doing it to you.

Despite your much greater funding, your academics are looking iffy. Your College of Education was put on probation at their last certification review; your undergraduate program in Computer Science is currently on probation. And those are the only two that I know anything about. I'm thinking about spending some time in Middleton Library, looking at other reviews.

Meanwhile, review team after review team pass through UL, and are stunned at how fast we're moving, and how strong our programs are. We don't just pass all of them; we pass them with highest marks.

That's academics. What about athletics?

Interesting question. Was softball a fluke? Or was it just the first domino? We'll see.

You guys are paranoid. again, with good reason.

The paper tiger is crumbling in the heat. _
    I dislike post like this.
    One, it is untrue. Two, it makes Cajun fans look dilusional.
    UL and Lafayette have made great strides since the oil bust, but so has LSU and BR.
    I went to both schools in the late 80's and I can tell you both Universities and Cities have much to be proud of. Lafayette has a quality of life advantage over BR, but BR has an economic development advantage because of its better airport, Mississippi River and (like it or not) bloated state government.
    Lastly LSU is not running scared because of UL. They are running scared because other State Universites in the south are way ahead of them. This is mostly a function of the state hemoraging jobs and businesses to other states. That fault does not fall on LSU's lap but all citizens of LA for tolerating corrupt pols.

Original prediction was 7-5 but due to recent defections in the program, I'm not getting the vibe I was earlier so I'll go with 5-7 putting the administration in a tough spot in regards to keeping Bustle or not.

@USM L
    @ILL L
    Kent St L
    @KSU L
    @ULM L
    @NT L
    ASU W
    FIU W
    UTEP L
    @FAU L
    @Troy L
    MT L

2-10, sorry. Bustle will resign early in November and finish out the season.

Default Re: Cajuns Began Fall Camp

Man, I love getting to see practice pics and the scoop of who's doing well and not. I really think that Ladarius Green could be a very productive player for us this year with his versatility at WR and TE. If he catches on with the playbook, he will help add some size to WR corp and give us a good downfield target especially in the Redzone.

Thanks Cajun T

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBoudin View Post
    @USM L
    @ILL L
    Kent St L
    @KSU L
    @ULM L
    @NT L
    ASU W
    FIU W
    UTEP L
    @FAU L
    @Troy L
    MT L

2-10, sorry. Bustle will resign early in November and finish out the season.
    Ouch!!!! Tell us how you really feel. lol

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ But that's exactly my point. You guys have been in the lead forever. but you're still scared to death of us. With good reason.

Despite Baton Rouge's much greater size and resources, Lafayette is kicking the Capital City's butt every which way from Sunday: culture, tourism, technology, economic development, community development, overall vision.

Well, hoss, Lafayette is run by UL alums.

BR is run by State alums.

If UL alums can beat out State alums in competitions involving whole cities, then we can most certainly do it at the much smaller level of the university.

Correction: We are doing it to you.

Despite your much greater funding, your academics are looking iffy. Your College of Education was put on probation at their last certification review; your undergraduate program in Computer Science is currently on probation. And those are the only two that I know anything about. I'm thinking about spending some time in Middleton Library, looking at other reviews.

Meanwhile, review team after review team pass through UL, and are stunned at how fast we're moving, and how strong our programs are. We don't just pass all of them; we pass them with highest marks.

That's academics. What about athletics?

Interesting question. Was softball a fluke? Or was it just the first domino? We'll see.

You guys are paranoid. again, with good reason.

The paper tiger is crumbling in the heat. _
    the best post in ages; c'hawk quality, really. the reason i'll always visit the site. my god that is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ I guess I didn't realize it at the time---BUT after reading Slam Dunked ---LSU must have been worried ---I mean news reports that we alone could beat UCLA--that is pretty strong!!! _
    how can there be a "news report" that one team could beat another? i don't understand. also, did the Lamar cajuns ever make a final four? that'tswhere you had to go to beat ucla.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    _ how can there be a "news report" that one team could beat another? i don't understand. also, did the Lamar cajuns ever make a final four? that'tswhere you had to go to beat ucla. _
    I think he's referencing the SI article from the early 70's, previewing that year's NCAA Tourney. I don't remember his exact quote, but you can search these pages for that article, as it's been posted here before.

Page 17 of 222 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread Information