Page 15 of 222 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 ... LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Cajuns Begin Fall Camp

Quote Originally Posted by 1stTake View Post
    _ Turbine is a goofball. Newscopy is a goofball. You are a goofball. Being a GOOFBALL isn't always a bad thing. Unless you have thin skin. _
    Oh, that clears things up then!! LOL!

Z

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Cajuns Begin Fall Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Hey pick on me all you want but give NewsCopy a break. _
    If I am reading correctly Turbine, you are a good goofball........i think??

3. UL Football University stands firm in 1-A football plans

There are Ragin' Cajun football fans who think UL should drop into the NCAA's Football Championship Subdivision, formerly known as Division 1-AA.

They figure playing in the Southland Conference against former rivals McNeese State, Northwestern State, Southeastern Louisiana and Nicholls State makes more sense and would draw better home crowds than poor showings in Bowl Subdivision (Division 1-A).

Forget it. It's not going to happen.

The Cajuns have never been a member of 1-AA, and they don't intend to start now.

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown • bbrown@theadvertiser.com • August 5, 2008

Default Re: University stands firm in 1-A football plans

Articles like this puzzle me. Who is talking about moving down besides disgruntled alums and fans from other schools? Since 1982 NO ONE was moved down. MANY have moved up. That right there tells you which league you need to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Articles like this puzzle me. Who is talking about moving down besides disgruntled alums and fans from other schools? Since 1982 NO ONE was moved down. MANY have moved up. That right there tells you which league you need to be in. _
    Football needs to get here quickly.......

these useless stories will go away.

"There are Ragin' Cajun football fans who think UL should drop into the NCAA's Football Championship Subdivision, formerly known as Division 1-AA."

Actually, it's more likely they are Calcasieu Hi cowpie fans so who cares anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    I don't get it... I don't know a single Cajuns fan who advocates dropping to TDFKA1AA*.

Where do they get this stuff? The Scaredy Cats at State?

*The Division Formerly Known As 1-AA.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    I don't get it... I don't know a single Cajuns fan who advocates dropping to TDFKA1AA*.

Where do they get this stuff? The Scaredy Cats at State?

*The Division Formerly Known As 1-AA.

The Scaredy Cats at State? who are you referring too? if your referring to the tigers, do you know the matchup record and margin of victory in the series?

i'm not trying to say that LSU is great, but i don't think they are the ones saying we need to move to D1-AA. although, losing to Mcneese last year didn't help our cause.

Default Season Predictions

Ok it's time for everyone's season predictions. We are less than a month from the opener, it is time for the optimism to start reigning down.

I will start by saying i have three predictions based on how the first 6 games go.

1st prediction: If we defeat USM we will finish 8-4
    2nd prediction: If we lose to USM but Beat ULM we will finish 7-5
    3rd prediction: If we lose to both USM and ULM then we will think last year was a good year.

10. Default Re: Season Predictions

8-4

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Rusty's a friend of mine, but I don't know why he says things like, "Are we ever going to be Auburn, or LSU? Absolutely not."

Once again:

In the 1970's, Miami came very close to dropping football (UL is 1-1 against the 'Canes).

In the 1960's, Virginia Tech was a small military school.

Until 1946, FSU was a women's school, and even after that, was a perennial doormat until they hired Bobby Bowden.

Who every heard of USF until about a decade ago?

Louisville and Cincy were patsies in pretty much everything except basketball until the 1990's.

I cannot think of another area (of any value) where Lafayette, or UL, strive to be #2. I know that Rusty's ambitions for his bank are to be the biggest and best possible.

If other schools can do it, we can too. It only takes courage and vision.

12. Default Re: University stands firm in 1-A football plans

Quote Originally Posted by BStock View Post
    _ The Scaredy Cats at State? who are you referring too? if your referring to the tigers, do you know the matchup record and margin of victory in the series?

i'm not trying to say that LSU is great, but i don't think they are the ones saying we need to move to D1-AA. although, losing to Mcneese last year didn't help our cause. _

Acctually, I've been told many of a time by many tigger "fans" that D1-AA is where we should go. But I could really care less what those "fans" of the tiggers think.

I'm 18 years old. I've been going to games since I was born. I can't remember a season other than 2005 where we had a winning season. I barely remember Jake in 1996. I have never seen us be consistant winners.But, I haven't given up.But the so-called "fans" the article mentions who say that we should move down aren't fans of our school. The word fan is short for fanatic. Fanatics want and help with the success of the program. If they were FANS, they would be helping by giving their time and money to help the program grow. These observers just sit their and groan instead of being the reason we succeed. To those people who say their fans but do nothing, how about you step up to the plate and be what you say you are. Be a fan and help out. BE THE REASON we succeed, instead of jumping on the band wagon later.

I also start college here this year, I'm so pumped. Can't wait for football!!!

Geaux Cajuns

Default Re: Season Predictions

6-6, Fau and Ulm get in bowls, and we lose to ulm once again, bustles last year.

14. Default Re: Season Predictions

My team on NCAA 09 went 10-2 with a bowl win over Western Michigan in the motor city bowl so thats what ill go with. (For some reason we got the Motor city as The #1 in the sun belt, Florida Atlantic went to New Orleans as the sun belt #2)

Default Re: Season Predictions

2008 will be SWEET

Page 15 of 222 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information