Page 12 of 222 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Trip to Hattiesburg

Chesterfield's is good, but I'd really recommend Purple Parrot/Crescent City Grill over them. The last few times I've been to CF's (and on a students budget, its not often ha), my steaks have been severely undercooked.

As far as RV tailgating near the stadium, GOOD LUCK! That's the best I can offer.

The only place near the stadium to park an RV would be on Loyalty Field, and the pass for the area is only gained by paying into the $2,500 or $1,500 Eagle Club levels I believe. The Eagle Club handles all Game-Day parking and tailgating locations on campus and near the stadium though, so you might want to give them a ring tomorrow and talk to them about something for visiting fans.

(601)266-5299 will put you to their front desk.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by PR_Eagle View Post
    _ Chesterfield's is good, but I'd really recommend Purple Parrot/Crescent City Grill over them. The last few times I've been to CF's (and on a students budget, its not often ha), my steaks have been severely undercooked.

As far as RV tailgating near the stadium, GOOD LUCK! That's the best I can offer.

The only place near the stadium to park an RV would be on Loyalty Field, and the pass for the area is only gained by paying into the $2,500 or $1,500 Eagle Club levels I believe. The Eagle Club handles all Game-Day parking and tailgating locations on campus and near the stadium though, so you might want to give them a ring tomorrow and talk to them about something for visiting fans.

(601)266-5299 will put you to their front desk.

Hope that helps. _
    I did not know anyone ever went there for the food. Lol

3. Default Re: Trip to Hattiesburg

Visitor RV parking for football is the Pete Taylor Park (Baseball) parking lot. Contact the Southern Miss Ticket Office for details on an RV pass for that lot....1-800-844-TICK.

That's bad info. Ticket Office will just forward you to Eagle Club.

5. UL Football Lindy's gives UL a little respect

UL's football team, recently picked to finish sixth out of eight schools in the Sun Belt Conference's preseason poll, got a little more respect from the experts at Lindy's magazine.

Lindy's pegged the Ragin' Cajuns for fourth in the Sun Belt and 108th in the NCAA's Football Bowl Subdivision.

Last season the Cajuns ranked seventh nationally in rushing yards per game (251.6) and boasted two 1,000-yard rushers in quarterback Michael Desormeaux and running back Tyrell Fenroy. But the Cajuns ranked 115th nationally in passing yards per game (155.5) and near the bottom nationally in defense in part because of injuries.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • July 25, 2008

Default Re: Lindy's gives UL a little respect

that's about right....play better defense win the conference, play defense like last year bottom of the conference.

Play like the first half of the OHIO game, win 8 games.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    _ that's about right....play better defense win the conference, play defense like last year bottom of the conference.

Play like the first half of the OHIO game, win 8 games. _
    If the defense plays every game like South Carolina and we will walk away with the conference.

That's all we are asking for.... a little respect...just a little bit...

I don't know about giving us respect. The wording of the preview was better than we've seen with some of the other mags, but I wouldn't say that ranking us as the 108th "best" football team in the country is giving us much respect.

It is all a moot discussion anyway, because it is done on the field, not in preseason magazines. Of course, it's all we've got right now, huh? Here's to exceeding expectations.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!

UL Football Re: Trip to Hattiesburg

I have not been to many football sights, but UL must have one of the best, if not the best parking facilities for football in the nation. tons of tailgating space and fan parking.

Frenchie:

Default Bus trip to Southern Miss?

Anyone know if the Alumni or any other group is planning a bus trip to Southern Miss?
    Any info appreciated...
    Thanks...

UL Football Re: Bus trip to Southern Miss?

The Alumni Association will be offering a bus trip ... they will post details here soon!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Cajuns +12 at USM

SMU @ Rice (-3)
    Tulsa (-13.5) @ UAB
    UTEP @ Buffalo (-3)
    Virginia Tech (-10) @ East Carolina
    UL-Lafaytette @ Southern Miss (-12)
    Florida Atlantic @ Texas (-23.5)
    Arkansas State @ Texas A&M (-21)
    North Texas @ Kansas State (-25)

TCU (-4.5) @ New Mexico
    Wake Forest (-12.5) @ Baylor
    Memphis @ Ole Miss (-12)
    Kentucky @ Louisville (-5)
    Colorado @ Colorado State (-12)
    Fresno State @ Rutgers (-6)
    Troy (-4.5) @ Middle Tennesse
    Utah @ Michigan (-4)
    Hawaii @ Florida (-30.5)
    Illinois @ Missouri (-8)
    USC (-20) @ Virginia
    Alabama @ Clemson (-6.5)
    Tennessee @ UCLA (-7)

Wasn't it at +14 3 weeks ago???

This just might be an interesting game......

Z

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Cajuns +12 at USM

It's going to be interesting to us... we're going to win it.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Cajuns +12 at USM

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ It's going to be interesting to us... we're going to win it. _
    So...will we see you and the boys there?

Z

Page 12 of 222 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information