Page 11 of 222 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

UL Football Re: Trip to Hattiesburg

I have 2 rooms at Comfort Suites. Does anyone have experience with that place? It's not too late to switch.
    Thanks.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Trip to Hattiesburg

Quote Originally Posted by raoul View Post
    _ I have 2 rooms at Comfort Suites. Does anyone have experience with that place? It's not too late to switch.
    Thanks. _
    go have a look at them on Yahoo or google, and read some reviews. I was looking for hotels around the school on Google Earth and clicked on the closest one. It took me to a web page with the hotel's info, including some reviews, all of which were very poor. I think it was the EconoLodge. Other than that, I have no ideer.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ I'm trying to book my trip to Hattiesburg for the game. Has anyone else booked yet? Any ideas or advice as to where to stay? i'd like to stay where lots of other Cajun fans are staying. Anyone know of any Tailgating groups that are planning to be there and where they're setting up? _
    Check with UL athletic department, most people will be staying at the same hotel as the team. Unless you want to pal around with a specific group, you will usually find most team followers stay with the team.

Your best hotels are going to be on the other side of I-59, off Hardy/Hwy 98.

It's about a ten minute drive (maybe fifteen on gameday) to the parking areas for the stadium, but all the chain restaurants are within walking distance of the hotels.

All the good local cuisine is within walking distance of The Rock, particularly Divine Swine for BBQ.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Trip to Hattiesburg

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ dude, thats hard.

Z

_
    dude... THAT'S FUNNY!!!

I still remember the trip I took up there in 2002 with some friends who came in from Lafayette. We all piled into my (then NEW) Mits SUV and went to the game. Afterward, we jumped back in my ride and drove back to N.O. just in time to go to dinner at Venezia's and then have desert at Brocato's (SURELY Des knows about these places!). Too bad this year's game doesn't start until 6pm, I was hoping for a repeat performance (Just NOT from the TEAM!).

We booked a couple of rooms at the Courtyard by Marriot. It seems nice and is only a mile away from the stadium.

Default Re: CAJUNS 14 point underdogs in week 1

Quote Originally Posted by PR_Eagle View Post
    _ Glad to see I'm not the only Eagle poster in these parts SE.

I'll admit though, I do think the 14 pt. spread is a little generous. Obviously, I'm going to say we're taking this convincingly, but Bower taught me never to let my expectations get too high. I'm hoping Coach Fedora can make Hattiesburg a tough place to play. Bower-ball got stale.

Aug. 30th can't come fast enough. _
    Bower ball never got as stale as Bustle Ball is now. Eagles will make the spread with ease.

I am looking forward to the Ragin Cajun fans coming for a visit. Hampton Inn (is or was don't know if he still does) owned by a big time USM supporter so please stay there I'm looking forward to the game. History won't affect the game, but it sure does help the confidence of the Eagles.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by byxeagle View Post
    _ I am looking forward to the Ragin Cajun fans coming for a visit. Hampton Inn (is or was don't know if he still does) owned by a big time USM supporter so please stay there I'm looking forward to the game. History won't affect the game, but it sure does help the confidence of the Eagles. _

Oh Cool!! We'll make sure and trash the rooms!! J/K Really looking forward to the game. Hope we give you our best shot.

Z

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Next Question...

anyone have tickets yet? Does anyone know if UL has any, or if they will have any?

Rhineux, I was a student worker last year in the ticket office, and we didn't send the opposing AD their ticket allotment until about 3 weeks out.

I'd start poking your nose in your ticket office Aug. 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Oh Cool!! We'll make sure and trash the rooms!! J/K Really looking forward to the game. Hope we give you our best shot.

Z _
    Z do you have your tickets yet? If you do where are you sitting?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Z do you have your tickets yet? If you do where are you sitting? _
    No tickets yet.

14. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Trip to Hattiesburg

My buddy and I are making the trip in an rv. Gonna leave on Friday morning, does anyone know about tailgating areas near the stadium?

I am so glad football season is just around the corner!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PR_Eagle View Post
    Your best hotels are going to be on the other side of I-59, off Hardy/Hwy 98.

It's about a ten minute drive (maybe fifteen on gameday) to the parking areas for the stadium, but all the chain restaurants are within walking distance of the hotels.

All the good local cuisine is within walking distance of The Rock, particularly Divine Swine for BBQ.
    I prefer Chesterfield's the talent there is amazing.

Page 11 of 222 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information