Page 98 of 222 FirstFirst . 88 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 108 . LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns display mettle on 'D'

Going into last week's Illinois game, UL defensive coordinator Kevin Fouquier challenged his players to improve on a frustrating performance in the team's season opener.

After an open week, the Cajun defense fueled a near upset of the then-No. 24 Fighting Illini by holding an offense that had averaged 44.5 points in its previous two games to one offensive touchdown and 341 yards.

That came one game after giving up 633 yards in a 51-21 loss at Southern Miss.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • September 18, 2008

2. UL Football UL Passing Attack Includes Tight Ends

LOUISIANA — When the University of Louisiana aerial game decided to go vertical this season, few probably thought the primary passing targets would include tight ends.

In two games, however, the statistics indicate otherwise.

Tight ends Erik Jones, Ladarius Green and Luke Aubrey have eight of the team’s 36 completions.

More emphasis of tight ends as receivers rather than blockers has Jones enthusiastic as the Cajuns prepare for Saturday’s home opener against Kent State.

Jones, a senior, caught his first career touchdown pass Saturday — an 11-yard reception in the final minutes of a 20-17 loss at Illinois.

In his three previous seasons, Jones caught only four passes.

The rest of the story

By BOB ARDOIN
    Special to The Advocate

Default Re: UL Passing Attack Includes Tight Ends

That dump off to Erik Jones in the 4th last week was nice.
    We need to make a statement this weekend.
    Cajuns, "LEAVE NO DOUBT" !!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: UL Passing Attack Includes Tight Ends

Quote Originally Posted by good2geaux View Post
    _ That dump off to Erik Jones in the 4th last week was nice.
    We need to make a statement this weekend.
    Cajuns, "LEAVE NO DOUBT" !! _
    Most under-utilized aspect of our accessable game. You add that dimension, you open up all the rest.

Default Re: Too soon to write off the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ I am fairly confident that we got a lot more than 300 grand for the trip to Illinois. In fact, it may have been as much as 600 grand. _

ditto But I agree with the post.

6. Default Re: Too soon to write off the season?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ ditto But I agree with the post. _
    How much more or less did it cost us to change travel plans by going to Shreveport and have the time of departure etc. change??//

Default Re: Quarterback situation

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ Look I know when i'm wrong, Desmo had a great game against Illinois (aside from that terrible strip run back for a TD). But one game does not make a QB. I did like how he was throwing the ball yesterday. But are you honestly going to sit here and tell me that because he had a good passing game that he's a good quarterback. I'm still not sold that he can be a consistent passer. I still think that if we had a pocket passer QB and used Desmo as a "utility" player on offense that we would win more games. I guess we will agree to disagree.

If Desmo can have 2-3 more games passing like he had yesterday, I'll eat crow. I'm pulling for him. And he should be able to do it on Sun Belt D's. _

Hey Bro, we're fishing in the same pond.sort of. I did NOT say that he was a great passing QB. You questioned my comment whether he was IMPROVED that I made after the USM game. I'm only saying that I think he'll be able to adequately move the ball this year via the pass to help our running game. This is a two way street though. Your WR's like Chery who is a senior need to run better routes and hold on to the freaking ball. Chery's drop on the drive where we missed the FG when we would have got a first down was crucial. I've seen a marked improvement in MD's passing this year especially deep but you will witness it on Saturday

Default Re: Too soon to write off the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ How much more or less did it cost us to change travel plans by going to Shreveport and have the time of departure etc. change??// _

I have no clue but it cost me a chance to go to the game. I wasn't riding a bus to Shreveport to have to board a plane to Illinois.

9. UL Football Eligibility saga continues for Sails

Sails, a junior from Alabama, is still waiting for his final course from College of the Desert in California to be processed. He arrived on campus during the first week of preseason camp.

Whenever Sails is cleared, UL coach Rickey Bustle expects him to fight for time behind starting tailback Tyrell Fenroy. Bustle is unsure whether Sails has a redshirt season available.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • September 19, 2008

10. UL Football First impressions: Richard Brooks

UL defensive coordinator Kevin Fouquier liked what he saw from middle linebacker Richard Brooks, who made his first career start last week against Illinois.

The redshirt freshman from Texas tied for the team lead with eight tackles after starting in place of senior Brent Burkhalter. Brooks and Burkhalter rotated in and out all afternoon.

The rest of the story

11. UL Football Kent St. a mirror image of UL

UL and Kent State, which face off in Saturday's 6 p.m. Herbert Heymann Football Classic at Cajun Field, mirror each other in many ways.

Both teams feature coaches trying to turn around their program, Rickey Bustle for the Cajuns (0-2) and Doug Martin at Kent State (1-2).

Both teams feature dynamic quarterbacks and productive running backs, Mike Desormeaux and Tyrell Fenroy at UL and Julian Edelman and Eugene Jarvis for the Golden Flashes.

Both teams come from conferences looking for more respect on the national scene, the Cajuns from the Sun Belt and Kent State from the Mid-American.

The rest of the story

12. UL Football Opponent View: Flashes' opponent has familiar attack

KENT: Kent State ended its hold on the nation's longest losing streak last Saturday. And now the Golden Flashes (1-2) look forward to one more game before they begin play in the Mid-American Conference.

The next game is no pushover.

Louisiana-Lafayette (0-2), which will host KSU at 7 p.m. Saturday, only lost by three points to No. 24 Illinois last week.

Flashes coach Doug Martin sees a little bit of his team in the Ragin' Cajuns.

''It's really kind of mirror images on the offensive side of the ball,'' Martin said. ''A much better running team then they are throwing, although they are getting better. So, they are very similar to us in that aspect.''

The rest of the story

By Jonas Fortune
    Beacon Journal sports writer

Default Re: First impressions: Richard Brooks

I like Brooks a lot! I think if Zanders gets his final year next year this unit will be even better than this year's. With Brooks and Kyron Benoit ( who I thought had a great Fall!) getting more maturity, this unit will be faster, deeper and bigger overall.

Default Re: Eligibility saga continues for Sails

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Sails, a junior from Alabama, is still waiting for his final course from College of the Desert in California to be processed. He arrived on campus during the first week of preseason camp._ _

Am I assuming correctly this school has not posted his grade from the summer session???? Holy crap, is this for eveyone in that same class?

15. Default Re: Eligibility saga continues for Sails

What is the deal with Yobes Walker??? Is he hurt, left, redshirting, or in the mix??????

Page 98 of 222 FirstFirst . 88 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 108 . LastLast

Thread Information