Page 96 of 222 FirstFirst . 86 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 106 . LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

UL Football Re: UL Mid-Week Practice Report for Illinois

In other words, by the questions and comments, another "L" to look farward to

Default Re: UL Mid-Week Practice Report for Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    In other words, by the questions and comments, another "L" to look farward to
    Unless they start awarding Super-L's, then we can have something to shoot for!

Louisiana Re: QB Club

Ditto, brother, Ditto!!! Maybe even our little B. Knight clip, eh?!

GEAUX Cajuns!!!!

Default Re: QB Club

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    from the president all the way down to the play-by-play guy. _
    We all know he wont do that, and with good reason. But I do agree.

Quote Originally Posted by BrudaCajun View Post
    _ We all know he wont do that, and with good reason. But I do agree. _
    We all know Jay will not crucify the team in public, but he could convey a sence of frustration with the lack of improvement. Jim Henderson has a similar situation with the Saints and he does a great job of calling out bad play when he sees it.
    I had the opportunity to listen to NBC on 1420 this week and it is exasperating the way Jay dances around the Cajuns poor play. Listening to the show I thought of an analogy as Jay talked about the Cajuns. It would be like someone showing off their new HDTV while a big pile of stinky garbage sat on the side of the room.

6. Default Re: QB Club

HDTV

Huddle
    Drive
    Touchdown
    Victory

I can't wait for HDTV
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ HDTV

Huddle
    Drive
    Touchdown
    Victory

I can't wait for HDTV
    igeaux.mobi _
    It has been a long time since I've seen the Cajuns huddle.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ We all know Jay will not crucify the team in public, but he could convey a sence of frustration with the lack of improvement. Jim Henderson has a similar situation with the Saints and he does a great job of calling out bad play when he sees it.
    I had the opportunity to listen to NBC on 1420 this week and it is exasperating the way Jay dances around the Cajuns poor play. Listening to the show I thought of an analogy as Jay talked about the Cajuns. It would be like someone showing off their new HDTV while a big pile of stinky garbage sat on the side of the room. _
    The difference between what Jim does and what Jay does not is the fact the Saints are paid professional athletes, whereas the student-athletes are not.

I have always held to my belief that I will not degrade a student-athlete. However, those that are paid, like coaches and professional players, should be subject to a team's poor performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ The difference between what Jim does and what Jay does not is the fact the Saints are paid professional athletes, whereas the student-athletes are not.

I have always held to my belief that I will not degrade a student-athlete. However, those that are paid, like coaches and professional players, should be subject to a team's poor performance. _
    I agree we should not rip individual players, but it is the job of the media to make observations (positive & critical). Our team was getting embarassed out their two weeks ago, but you would not know that from the tone of the radio broadcast. For example, I have no problem with media members pointing out our lineman are soft and play with poor technique. It is a valid observation and portrays to the fans at home what is going wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ I agree we should not rip individual players, but it is the job of the media to make observations (positive & critical). Our team was getting embarassed out their two weeks ago, but you would not know that from the tone of the radio broadcast. For example, I have no problem with media members pointing out our lineman are soft and play with poor technique. It is a valid observation and portrays to the fans at home what is going wrong. _
    I agree with you, Metry. You don't have to single out individual players to say the Defense is not playing well, or the OL didn't get the job done on a critical 3rd down, etc. That's why I always liked Don Allen. You knew what was really happening when he broadcast the game. He pretty much called it like he saw it without calling any player out.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Wow. I never thought about that. Jay is the fault of our program being where it's at. If Jay would have been more critical in his broadcasts years ago, we would be in a BCS conference, perhaps even contending for a national championship by now. Dang Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ Wow. I never thought about that. Jay is the fault of our program being where it's at. If Jay would have been more critical in his broadcasts years ago, we would be in a BCS conference, perhaps even contending for a national championship by now. Dang Jay. _
    I appreciate the sarcasm.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BrudaCajun View Post
    _ I appreciate the sarcasm. _
    The Dr. A era has created a caustic, maniacal approach by UL fans to the correction of our football program woes. from logos to the evil empire to the east. The misery has everyone pointing to 50 sporadic symptoms, fixed unchangables, and everything in between.

It's often fun to read on here. human behavior. but it isn't getting a dang thang done.

Default Re: Quarterback situation

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ What have evidence do you have that Des has improved his passing? Look I am a huge Des fan but he from what i've seen, he just doesn't have the arm/accuracy.

I would like to see McGuire get some snaps to see what he can do. If nothing else get him a little experience for next season. If the D is going to be as terrible as it was vs. USM, then we may only win 2 games anyway so why the hell not play two QB's? _

Would you still like for me to provide more evidence???

Default Re: Quarterback situation

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ He was a much better runner in high school than you are giving him credit for.but I agree I thought Des was much improved as a passer watching the spring and fall scrimmages but who says that wasn't a product of our poor defense? _

Well, the idea was that BOTH were vastly improved and BOTH have shown at times to be correct.

Page 96 of 222 FirstFirst . 86 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 106 . LastLast

Thread Information