Page 94 of 222 FirstFirst . 84 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 104 . LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. Default Re: Too soon to write off the season?

Yes it is too early to write this season off, but here is what needs to happen for us to find some success:

1. D-Line has to improve and do a better job of shedding blocks and closing the running lanes.
    2. Their is no excuse for arm-tackling. If you arm-tackle you run the bleachers.
    3. Gang tackling. Every player on defense should be swarming to the ball carrier.
    4. RUN & PASS!! We have a good rushing attack but we have to be able to pass the ball downfield to continue to keep the running game going. Defenses will continue to stack the box until we show them we can throw the ball.
    5. Minimize turnovers on offense.
    6. Create/Get turnovers on defense. If the ball hits the carpet jump on it.

2. UL Football Good news pours in for UL

UL's football team got three pieces of good news on Tuesday.

First, Hurricane Ike veered to the west and appeared to be taking a path away from the Louisiana coast. If that happens, the Ragin' Cajun players and coaches would avoid having to change their travel plans for Saturday's 11 a.m. game at Illinois.

Secondly, the Cajuns learned that senior running back Tyrell Fenroy was cleared after going to the doctor on Monday. Fenroy, who needs nine yards to become the program's all-time leading rusher, missed the second half of UL's 51-21 loss at Southern Miss on Aug. 30 with a head injury.

Fenroy was unavailable for comment after Tuesday's practice because he had a night class.

"He was practicing today," UL coach Rickey Bustle said. "He's good. He's been released."

Thirdly, senior linebacker Brent Burkhalter finally became eligible . . .

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • September 10, 2008

Default Re: QB Club

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. The coaches said we played poorly, then praised a bunch of players. If so many players played well, why did we get skull drug? I also noticed the people he gave props to were new players. I have a feeling the coaches are laying the groundwork for the "we are young" angle. _
    I'd settle for fewer TOs and tackling some people. Deja vu all over again.

I'm tired of excuses. I won't read articles like this if that's what it's about.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    _ I'm tired of excuses. I won't read articles like this if that's what it's about. _
    While I agree with you, what else are they going to say? As a coach, you can't say things like, "We are not a good football team right now. We're not physical, and we're completely 1-dimensional on offense. If I don't win the ULM game, this is my last year here." Followed by, "and this is what I/we will do to fix it."

Although that maybe would be refreshing to hear, I don't think it's realistic to expect it.

Wouldn't it be nice if Bustle acted like this was his do-or-die moment as a coach?
    Maybe show some fire (<--get it!)?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ While I agree with you, what else are they going to say? As a coach, you can't say things like, "We are not a good football team right now. We're not physical, and we're completely 1-dimensional on offense. If I don't win the ULM game, this is my last year here." Followed by, "and this is what I/we will do to fix it."

Although that maybe would be refreshing to hear, I don't think it's realistic to expect it.

Wouldn't it be nice if Bustle acted like this was his do-or-die moment as a coach?
    Maybe show some fire (<--get it!)? _
    Actually, that is what should be said. He should have also apologized to the fans for wasting their hard earned dollars on traveling. Bustle could probably buy himself some slack with the fans if he showed a little more passion.

"We are not a good football team right now. We're not physical, and we're completely 1-dimensional on offense. If I don't win the ULM game, this is my last year here." Followed by, "and this is what I/we will do to fix it."
    I would love to hear that from Bustle, won't happen though. There is no passion, no deisre in his statements. I feel like he just thinks "oh well, maybe next time"

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    I would love to hear that from Bustle, won't happen though. There is no passion, no deisre in his statements. I feel like he just thinks "oh well, maybe next time"
    Spot-effing-on. There is so much truth in this statement, it hurts.

"We are not a good football team right now. We're not physical, and we're completely 1-dimensional on offense."
    This is exactly what he needs to say.

Default Re: Good news pours in for UL

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    I guess that just leaves the status of Undra Sails in question. Any word about his eligibility?

Undrea Sails is still awaiting word on his final course from College of the Desert in California being processed. He did not practice yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Undrea Sails is still awaiting word on his final course from College of the Desert in California being processed. He did not practice yesterday. _
    Who's processing it? The Pony Express?

You know, back in my day.

I think it's being processed by ship.

The Mayflower, leaving from California, has to go down past South America before coming back up to Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Undrea Sails is still awaiting word on his final course from College of the Desert in California being processed. He did not practice yesterday. _
    I know he was a late addition to the team, but still . You'd think the JC he came from would want to complete the process quickly to encourage more FB players to come there.

UL Football Re: QB Club

And I thought I would get my head handed to me on a platter for eveing mentioning my thought about the article. Either this coaching staff don't get it or they don't have the b---s to tell it like it is. Hell hurting the players pride. They need to know that they are not getting it don't on the fieldAnd a good time was after the USM game. And another thing reporters, ask the right question's and demand the answers.

Page 94 of 222 FirstFirst . 84 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 104 . LastLast

Thread Information