Page 85 of 222 FirstFirst . 75 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 95 . LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Cajuns fall to Golden Eagles, 51-21

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    _ "I thought their (USM's) backs ran really hard," UL coach Rickey Bustle. "We've just got to tackle better. We tackled worse as the game went on.

"I don't know if we got tired or what happened"

Does anyone on this staff have a clue, apparently the the HC does not????? Only 11 games to go. _
    I think you guys would do well to hire Jeff Bower. I'm kind of glad that your coach has a couple more years on his contract. I'm hoping Bower goes off somewhere where we don't have to recruit against him. He's a good coach and recruiter when he's motivated. I just think he was burnt out or complacent at USM.

Default Re: Like I said

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Same old story, an offense with big potential that continues to shoot itself in the foot and a defense that can't play defense.

I watched LaTex beat Miss St. and wished we had played that State instead of So Miss. It wasn't pretty but Tex played just well enough to win AND they won it (it looked a lot like ULM beating Alabama last year).

Schellenberger at FAU did a whole lot of BS talking but his team looked exactly like the UL team under Baldwin I saw at Texas in 2001. No surprise there.

I am right here in town getting stuff out of harm's way and otherwise getting ready. Nothin' to do now but wait for the storm to arrive, the power to go off and begin to sweat. I am all about A-C! LOL!!

I'm concerned big time for my fellow Cajun fans and friends from the Basin west and south over to wherever. Can't help but think about them, especially down in Vermilion Parish. _
    Hey, you played a better team on the road, you made mistakes, and they whipped you. It happens to all of us. You are 0-0 in conference play and in 2nd place with a long season to go. Who knows what the rest of your season holds for you.

Congrats to Tech on their win. It's always a good thing when we Louisiana boys beat those Mississippi boys. imo

Best of luck to everyone finding themselves in Gustav's path!

UL Football Re: Tough Loss.

Until the University makes a financial commitment the same will happen. We need money for Asst. and Position coaches big time! If UL doesn't put more money in I can see losing some of the coaches that have actually won with their programs. We have seen it in the past.

Default Re: Cajuns fall to Golden Eagles, 51-21

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    "I thought their (USM's) backs ran really hard," UL coach Rickey Bustle. "We've just got to tackle better. We tackled worse as the game went on.

"I don't know if we got tired or what happened"

Does anyone on this staff have a clue, apparently the the HC does not????? Only 11 games to go.
    Their backs ran well. The few plays I watched before vomiting showed a complete pancake of our front 7.

Default Re: Southern Miss predictions

Its an SEC thing not just an LSU thing. DeAndre Brown could not play at any SEC school. But who cares how you got him. You got him and he will be great at Southern Miss. Tech got Terry Bradshaw the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Its an SEC thing not just an LSU thing. DeAndre Brown could not play at any SEC school. But who cares how you got him. You got him and he will be great at Southern Miss. Tech got Terry Bradshaw the same way.
    You are so full of crap. DeAndre could have played at any school in the country. If you think not, then prove it.
    While I am proud of LaTech and happy they beat MSU, your attacks on USM on this board make you a jealous loser.
    I guess you noticed the score of our gameyour wishes for ULL to put it on us just quite didn't come to pass did they?

7. UL Football Recap

Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns were handed a tough 51-21 loss at Southern Miss on Saturday evening. The Cajuns fell into an early hole and could not dig themselves out.

USM’s Damion Fletcher won the duel between two of the nation’s premier running backs, finishing with 21 carries for 222 yards, adding a pair of touchdowns. Cajuns star Tyrell Fenroy finished with 13 carries for 56 yards – all in the first half – and scored a touchdown. Fenroy, who didn’t play in the second half because of a head injury, finished the game nine yards shy of Brian Mitchell’s career rushing record.

Southern Miss extended its 20-point halftime lead up to 30 points in the third quarter thanks to a 25-yard field goal by Britt Barefoot and a three-yard run by Bubba Kirksey. The score by Kirksey capped a 10-play, 82-yard drive for the Golden Eagles.

Cajuns quarterback Michael Desormeaux paced the offense with 16 carries for 146 yards. It is his eighth career 100-yard rushing performance. He finished the night 9-of-20 passing for 98 yards. Desormeaux moved into sixth place on the Cajuns career rushing list and is 25 yards shy of fifth all-time.

Redshirt freshman quarterback Brad McGuire entered the game midway through the fourth quarter and directed a five-play, 49-yard scoring drive. McGuire hit Pierre Hill with a 21-yard touchdown pass in the corner of the end zone.

It’s safe to assume that most people in Louisiana on Saturday afternoon had their focus on the impending arrival of Hurricane Gustav. The same may be true for the Cajuns, who seemed to be collectively focused somewhere other than football.

The Cajuns committed three penalties and had a pair of turnovers in the first quarter en route to a 14-0 deficit.

The Cajuns went deep on the first play of the game. Michael Desormeaux’s pass was on target for Jason Chery, who had a step on the defender, but Chery was dragged down from behind for an obvious penalty. Instead of a sure homerun, the Cajuns gained only 15 yards on the pass interference flag.

UL came up empty on the possession as Desormeaux was intercepted near midfield on third-and-17.

Southern Miss wasted no time, quickly moving 56 yards in five plays to take an early 7-0 lead. Fletcher ran three times on the drive for 37 yards, including a 14-yard touchdown.

USM needed two plays to score a touchdown following Desormeaux’s second interception. Fletcher started things with a 32-yard run before Austin Davis hit Ed Morgan with a 23-yard scoring pass.

The hosts opened the second quarter by finishing off a 16-play, 68-yard scoring drive that ended with a one-yard jaunt by Davis. USM held a 21-0 lead with 13:51 remaining in the first half.

The Cajuns used their running game to get on the board. Desormeaux sparked a seven-play, 59-yard drive with a 33-yard rush. Fenroy followed with three straight runs for 21 yards. Julian Shankle ended the drive with his first career touchdown, a one-yard plunge, to trim the Cajuns deficit to 21-7.

Less than two minutes later, Fletcher scored his second touchdown to push the USM lead back to 21 points.

UL countered with a 12-play, 75-yard scoring drive. The drive’s key play came on a 23-yard pass from Desormeaux to Chery into USM territory. Fenroy finished things off with a three-yard scoring run to pull the Cajuns within 14 points.

USM quickly scored again to extend their lead at the half. The Golden Eagles traveled 78 yards in six plays, using only 1:38 off the clock. Barefoot missed the extra point, keeping the USM led at 34-14.

RaginCajuns.com

Default Re: Tough Loss.

Dont get me wrong, money is defiantly and issue. I just hope that we can contribute this loss to having a bunch of players that had there minds on Gustav and there family and not on a football game.

But I have been around the program enough to know that could have been the case but more of the problem lies in the coaching or lack there of.

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
    _ How close are you??? I went back and read this thread again this afternoon. A lot of mouthing by some Cajun fans that was just flat out wrong. Either somebody is feeding you guys nonsense about your football team or you just can't face reality.
    Zeebart, Just1More and a few others, I hope you see reality now. _

You must feel pretty big don't you? Your team wins and you have to come to our boards to run your mouth.some more. Pretty much had it with you guys. We do have some bigger things to worry about though, like a huge storm affecting our homes and businesses. Take your gloating and run along.

Default Re: Pitiful Performance

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBoudin View Post
    _ He has a very long way to not only getting better but being a QB that can win games in college football. The fact that no other schools offered him a scholarship that compete at our level, tells me all I need to know. Plus the fact that our staff has proven repeatedly that they are not only horrible at recruiting but also at evaluating talent. _

I saw that game as well and Gauthier cannot throw a football. He was a pretty good runner, but looked nothing like an all state QB in that game. Maybe it was just a bad game, but I don't think our future QB lies with him. He actually looked a lot like Desormeaux; a good athlete who can run but had no real passing skills; the kind of guy who needs to be in the game somewhere because he can make things happen, but not necessarily at QB.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Accountants should never run a program

Huh??

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Tough Loss.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ I meant an actual head coach in someone that has experience on this level as a head coach and not an assistant this or misc coordinator. _
    Yeah, and like Frenchie said, let's come up with the MONEY to GET that guy!!!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: To The Cajun Fans

I was really impressed with the new scoreboard and the suite set-up in the end-zone section. I would like to see us be able to do something similar at CAJUN FIELD eventually. The scoreboard looks very similar to the one I saw at Texas A&M last year. The video screen on A&M's is about three times the size, though.

**By the way, we'd very much like to see what kind of turnout you guys would have for a game at CAJUN FIELD!!!

Default Re: Props to USM

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Ourlook? We have a losers attitude.
    Well, at least one of does.

Default Re: Pitiful Performance

Well we all just need to remember

1. We are very young.

2. We just dont have any money

3. They are trying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. It's negative people who are at fault.

5. Ricky Bustle sure is a nice guy

6. Hey la tech doesnt have nearly the tiddlywinks team that we have they are NOT separating themselves from us

7. Look its only the SECOND year of a new OC and DC Everyone knows it takes at least 7 YEARS when you get new coordinators

8. Did i mention we are real YOUNG??

So now we go through it all again when in point of fact this butt kicking may have been acceptable as we began a new direction and a new program but no. we will wait yet another year to make the tough decisions

Page 85 of 222 FirstFirst . 75 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 95 . LastLast

Thread Information