Page 84 of 222 FirstFirst . 74 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 94 . LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Cajuns fall to Golden Eagles, 51-21

"I thought their (USM's) backs ran really hard," UL coach Rickey Bustle. "We've just got to tackle better. We tackled worse as the game went on.

"I don't know if we got tired or what happened"

Does anyone on this staff have a clue, apparently the the HC does not????? Only 11 games to go.

Default Re: Southern Miss predictions

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    You come to our board and post rediculous opinions about how great CUSA is and how spectacular USM is but the fact of the matter is that your CUSA mates have passed you guys up. Tulsa, UCF, Houston, Memphis, and ECU all have more name recognition and pespect than USM. Face it you guys are a respectable mid major, you are not world beater or anything close. Southern Mississippi must have some good mushrooms. Are we at the level of USM, no. But we are a lot closer than any of your fans are willing to admit.
    How close are you??? I went back and read this thread again this afternoon. A lot of mouthing by some Cajun fans that was just flat out wrong. Either somebody is feeding you guys nonsense about your football team or you just can't face reality.
    Zeebart, Just1More and a few others, I hope you see reality now.

Default Re: Our D is Playin 2 Hand Tap Football

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ We very well may have shown that we have the worst defense in the country tonight. I bought the game on the internet and I think Bustle and the defense combined should have to reimburse everyone that paid to get the stream. I know it was the first game but the defense looked far worse than any defense I have ever seen wearing a Cajun uni. _
    We are running the spread defense. No running to the football and no gang tackling.

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
    How close are you??? I went back and read this thread again this afternoon. A lot of mouthing by some Cajun fans that was just flat out wrong. Either somebody is feeding you guys nonsense about your football team or you just can't face reality.
    Zeebart, Just1More and a few others, I hope you see reality now.
    Cajun fans have a strong grip on reality so run along now, the game is over. The Auburn people are expecting your arrival over at their forum.

Good luck to So Miss football next week and the rest of the season.

Remember to tell your AD and your fellow members on the So Miss scheduling committee that we could likely do a home and home series with you.

5. Default Re: Our D is Playin 2 Hand Tap Football

They called the defense TNT, that must mean TOUCHDOWNS N TOUCHDOWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Pitiful Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I asked my fellow co-worker the same question. It seems that with the departure of Des and Fenroy, next year would make a suitable new coaching year. Cajuns fans we must keep treading water, it can only get better from here.

At least I hope?!?!
    That was my thinking at the end of last year. Give him Fenroy's senior year to produce SOMETHING, and if he can't then move on. Next year will be a good time from a roster perspective (losing a lot of senior leaders, fresh faces will be needed, and Blaine Gautier will have a redshirt year under his belt and be ready to compete) so hopefully we'll be able to come up with a good amount of money to pay a new coaching staff (if it comes to that).

7. Default Disappointment.

Well the 2008 edition of Ragin Cajun Football has begun like many previous seasons, with a loss. The loss against Southern Miss was flat out embarassing. Our defense looked lost and the front four on the D-line were practically getting manhandled by the Southern Miss O-line. We tackled poorly and just flat out looked beat on defense. On offense we tried running the ball and had some success. The problem is we needed to pass the ball successfully and let's face it we didn't do a good job. Add in turnovers and poor punting and the loss was sealed. I'll give Southern Miss credit they played a good game. However, the Cajuns gave them plenty of help.

As a fan I try to remain optimistic. Problem is a loss like this gives little to be optimistic about. It is time to go in a different direction folks. I know many of you remember what attendence was like in the Baldwin years. If we continue to perform like we did this past Saturday, we are looking at a similiar scenario.

Next year is going to be awful. Did you happen to see Gautier's performance in the Bayou Bowl? He was the biggest factor in Texas' win over Louisiana.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Like I said

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _
    I'm concerned big time for my fellow Cajun fans and friends from the Basin west and south over to wherever. Can't help but think about them, especially down in Vermilion Parish. _
    Thanks for the concern Destin. As you know we are a tough lot. We did the two step with Katrina and Rita and now it's time to Git Down with Gustav.

Hunkering down a couple of blocks from UL. Can't stray too far from Da Parish. C'est La Vie.

Default Re: To The Cajun Fans

Hey Eagle fans do they put out stadium seats for season ticket holders? If so, that's a pretty nice thing. Good luck the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBoudin View Post
    Next year is going to be awful. Did you happen to see Gautier's performance in the Bayou Bowl? He was the biggest factor in Texas' win over Louisiana.
    Because people never get better and should always be judged on a game they learned a new offense for and played in one week.

And also, Texas did not have any All Stars playing in the Louisiana vs. Texas high school football All Star game.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux View Post
    _ Because people never get better and should always be judged on a game they learned a new offense for and played in one week.

And also, Texas did not have any All Stars playing in the Louisiana vs. Texas high school football All Star game. _
    He has a very long way to not only getting better but being a QB that can win games in college football. The fact that no other schools offered him a scholarship that compete at our level, tells me all I need to know. Plus the fact that our staff has proven repeatedly that they are not only horrible at recruiting but also at evaluating talent.

Default Re: To The Cajun Fans

The seats are an option you can add for small additional fee when you purchase season tickets. Starting this season individual game ticket holders can rent one for $5 a game.

14. Default Re: To The Cajun Fans

They charge us $35 per seat for the season. I used to have them, but I found the portable ones with arms that i can carry to the high school games also.

If i can find the website for the company we use i will pass it along. Southern Miss has had these for 5 or 6 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
    _ How close are you??? I went back and read this thread again this afternoon. A lot of mouthing by some Cajun fans that was just flat out wrong. Either somebody is feeding you guys nonsense about your football team or you just can't face reality.
    Zeebart, Just1More and a few others, I hope you see reality now. _
    Come on man, trash talk is for before the game. We win with class and dignity.

Page 84 of 222 FirstFirst . 74 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 94 . LastLast

Thread Information