Page 83 of 222 FirstFirst . 73 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 93 . LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. Default Re: Like I said

Quote Originally Posted by PR_Eagle View Post
    _ Who picked us to finish at the bottom of CUSA? Maybe a SunBelt homer. _
    I think that USM will win it all inCUSA----the only vulnerable areas are qb inexperience and the dbs got beat deep a few times---I hope ya'll can win out---the only thing that we can brag on!!!!!!! One of the finest running backs i HAVE SEEN IN PERSON!!!!

Default Re: Tough Loss.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ Perhaps we should get a real head coach next year? _

The adminatration comes up with $500,000 and backers $750,000 we might have a few come calling.

This is Upsetting Re: Pitiful Performance

Quote Originally Posted by mhulin View Post
    7 years into the "Ricky Bustle Era", and the Ragin Cajuns give up 427 rushing yards and only manage 131 passing yards in a losing effort to a Conferance USA opponent. Defensively, we are inept and soft. Offensively, we are horribly one dimentional and predictable. 7 years in, and Ricky Bustle has done nothing to change the losing landscape of our school. UL Lafayette is the dormat of the Sun Belt Conference, and realistically is one of the 5 worst-performing FBS programs. It's time for something to change, definitely. For a school that has the second-largest enrollment in the state of Louisiana, the perfomance over the past 7 years has been totally unacceptable.

Meanwhile, Louisiana Tech defeats SEC opponent Mississippi State and Arkansas State defeats Big 12 opponent Texas A&M. What are these programs doing that we are not?
    I asked my fellow co-worker the same question. It seems that with the departure of Des and Fenroy, next year would make a suitable new coaching year. Cajuns fans we must keep treading water, it can only get better from here.

At least I hope?!?!

Default Re: UL vs USM will be a RUSH

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Word is a concussion! _
    That's what I heard but I wasn't sure. I saw 32 and 33 kept rotating throughout the game.

Default Re: To The Cajun Fans

I'm sure there were things said to him later in the game, but I was on the 2nd row of the student section. He was flipping the students off during the run out when all they were doing is booing. I hate to know what he was doing when they were harrassing him lol. I don't care, I mean I'm sure there are players from every team that do crap like that. I just thought it was funny it only took some booing not even something nasty to cause him to do that.

Default Re: To The Cajun Fans

Just wait till our students fully take advantage of that pathway the opposing teams have to run out BYX. Things could get nasty.

Default Re: Like I said

Thanks for the complements Boomer. I still say the best thing about Fletcher is that as good as he is, he stays humble and that's a rarity.

Default Re: UL vs USM will be a RUSH

Quote Originally Posted by PR_Eagle View Post
    _ That's what I heard but I wasn't sure. I saw 32 and 33 kept rotating throughout the game. _
    He should be OK but with concussions you never really know! The other 2 backs played well (not great)! Fletcher made us look bad but he is a great back and that's what great backs do! Hope for ya'll sake he stays his Sr year.

Default Re: Pitiful Performance

We have been treading water ever since Jake left the program. I am getting tired of swimming while other teams in the conference are speeding away in boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ The adminatration comes up with $500,000 and backers $750,000 we might have a few come calling. _
    I meant an actual head coach in someone that has experience on this level as a head coach and not an assistant this or misc coordinator.

Default Re: Props to USM

Was there- Great Tailgiaitng atmosphere. Southern Miss fans were great. Fans told me they wanted to kick our butts during game but after the game were with us in support for the Hurricane, and to be safe.
    Would love to see a Home and Home with the Eagles.

Our team did not seem to ever get in a flow.The Hurricane had something to do with it but I thought no matter what their performance would be much better.

Fletcher move at the goal line should be on ESPN highlights. Great back.

Congrat to Ark State for taking care of business.

CC

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    _ Was there- Great Tailgiaitng atmosphere. Southern Miss fans were great. Fans told me they wanted to kick our butts during game but after the game were with us in support for the Hurricane, and to be safe.

Our team did not seem to ever get in a flow.The Hurricane had something to do with it but I thought no matter what their performance would be much better.

CC _
    Dude, cut the crap, the Hurricane had nothing to do with it. We were out classed by superior personnel and in the coaching department. Dont use that excuse. Last time I checked, that Hurricane has a chance of roughing up Hattiesburg and the Gulf coast just as much as Lafayette and the coast of Louisiana.

What good is paying a head coach 500-750,000 if you are then left with no money to pay his assistants. Bustle's issues are the fact that he has bottom of the barrel coaches because he is paying the worst salaries in the FBS. High School coaches make more than our position coaches and in some cases more than our coordinators.

Dooley not only demanded his big salary but double the budget for his staff's salaries.

14. Default Re: Tough Loss.

That is what we were faced with a year ago. Bowers total package was a little over 700K and his assistants budget was 800k. Bower wasnt about money as his family has a major oil distributorship in the Atlanta area.

Fedora's base is 800K with incentives that can push it over a mill. He asked for and got 1.2 mill for his assistants. If we can pony up that kind of cash at the same time as committing 33 mil for the stadium expansion, you guys can also with the oil money you have in the Laffy area. Neither of us have that nice welfare check from being in a bcs conference.

As far as administration goes. We had a president leave and refuse to deal with a growing base that was unsatisfied with the direction our program was headed under Jeff. The outgoaing pres left the new pres to make that decision just 6 months into her term.

Things were so bad here that we lost a 4 star juco recruit to Louisville who lived less than a mile and a half from our stadium. A kid who was qualified out of Hattiesburg high, that was recruited but never offered and coming out of prcc he was in his 2nd round of recruitment by Southern Miss. We lost him because Bower would not make an in home visit either time. He was ranked as the no 4 prospect in the country at corner by Rivals.

Its been fun this week. I hope we continue to play on a regular basis.

Our prayers are with you guys this week. I hope there is no loss of life, we have homeowners insurance for the non important stuff. Remimber we had that mad _____ Katrina just 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    _ Was there- Great Tailgiaitng atmosphere. Southern Miss fans were great. Fans told me they wanted to kick our butts during game but after the game were with us in support for the Hurricane, and to be safe.

CC _
    Oh yes the hurricane is the reason! Put down the kool aid!

Page 83 of 222 FirstFirst . 73 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 93 . LastLast

Thread Information