Page 81 of 222 FirstFirst . 71 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 91 . LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Like I said

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBoudin View Post
    _ Forgot to add, Arkansas St. just beat Texas A&M while we were out losing to a team with a new coach, very few returning starters and that's picked to finish at the bottom of C-USA. _
    Who picked us to finish at the bottom of CUSA? Maybe a SunBelt homer.

Default Re: ul at usm

Quote Originally Posted by ShowDog View Post
    _ Same question some of us have been asking. I for one don't like getting our butts kicked every year. It's time to think about playing NAIA ha. _
    That's just a lame defeatist attitude. These guys don't want to lose any more then the fans. They just got beat by a better team and will try and learn from their mistakes. I'd rather see them lose every game then to play in a "lower level league". Things will get betterCan't get much worse.

Default Re: Our D is Playin 2 Hand Tap Football

No way we stop Juice Williams. Our D simply is too small, too slow and our offense is way too predictable. I feel bad for Fenroy. 4 years of busting it on and off the field and he'll probably never play in a bowl game. What a shame. Bustle should pay back a portion of his salary for the sad product we get.

Default Props to USM

Congrats to USM on a great game. Thanks for hosting us in Hattiesburg, sorry the storm forced so many of us to cancel the trip.

Good luck the rest of the season, and particularly with Auburn this weekend.

Default Re: Props to USM

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ Congrats to USM on a great game. Thanks for hosting us in Hattiesburg, sorry the storm forced so many of us to cancel the trip.

Good luck the rest of the season, and particularly with Auburn this weekend. _
    Some of us are such great losers. USM did exactly what they were suppose to. Be good hosts and kick our butts. When will we figure this out?

Default Re: Props to USM

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Some of us are such great losers. USM did exactly what they were suppose to. Be good hosts and kick our butts. When will we figure this out?
    I suppose after we adopt an optimistic, positive ourlook?

Which, I would guess, is why it is also known as a "winner's attitude".

UL Softball Re: Props to USM

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Congrats to USM on a great game. Thanks for hosting us in Hattiesburg, sorry the storm forced so many of us to cancel the trip.

Good luck the rest of the season, and particularly with Auburn this weekend.
    It killed me to do so but I had to cancel in order to bring a relative and her pup out of New Orleans. The 3 hour sit on I-10 west wasn't fun but we couldn't wait until today.

USM is a fine school with a great football program and a few anonymous visitors on an internet forum certainly doesn't detract from those "facts".

Time to hunker and bow focus on the really important things.

Quote Originally Posted by PR_Eagle View Post
    Who picked us to finish at the bottom of CUSA? Maybe a SunBelt homer.
    Son, the game is over and your team won it and we now have a far more important matter looming in the "here and now". I'm sure the Auburn forum is eagerly anticipating your arrival there so why not head to it now.

Here's hoping So. Miss has a great 2008 season.

Default Record offensive performances ???

Is it just me or does it seem that at least 2-3 teams/year have record performances against us. This year we are 1 for 1 and have a felling we'll be 3 for 3 pretty soon. Does anyone have a clue as to how many times this has happened under the Bustle era ??? Turbine? I have a feeling it's a pretty high number - not sure I can count that high !!!

10. UL Football Pitiful Performance

7 years into the "Ricky Bustle Era", and the Ragin Cajuns give up 427 rushing yards and only manage 131 passing yards in a losing effort to a Conferance USA opponent. Defensively, we are inept and soft. Offensively, we are horribly one dimentional and predictable. 7 years in, and Ricky Bustle has done nothing to change the losing landscape of our school. UL Lafayette is the dormat of the Sun Belt Conference, and realistically is one of the 5 worst-performing FBS programs. It's time for something to change, definitely. For a school that has the second-largest enrollment in the state of Louisiana, the perfomance over the past 7 years has been totally unacceptable.

Meanwhile, Louisiana Tech defeats SEC opponent Mississippi State and Arkansas State defeats Big 12 opponent Texas A&M. What are these programs doing that we are not?

Default Tough Loss.

.guys but these things happen. Alot of football left and as I've heard said, its not how you run the race but how you finish.

I've enjoyed my visits here over the past few weeks and I've got to say again, great group of fans here.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Default To The Cajun Fans

You guys are awesome. I was impressed with the turnout yesterday and how down to earth your fans were. I was excited to see students come with faces painted etc. You are one of the few teams in the past few years I can say I would love to have back at The Rock next season. Your fans were an impressive turnout and the team seemed like some good guys except for No. 18 that flipped off the student section every time he walked by. I hope to see you all at another USM vs. Cajuns game somewhere down the road. Take it easy and stay away from Gustav.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Son, the game is over and your team won it and we now have a far more important matter looming in the "here and now". I'm sure the Auburn forum is eagerly anticipating your arrival there so why not head to it now.

Here's hoping So. Miss has a great 2008 season. _
    I didn't see the Cajun game, but I kept up with it a tad on/line. To be honest, I didn't figure you guys to win, but I was surprised by the margin of the USM win.

Did you head to Fla from the game? Seems like we in for a blow. I have 7 people staying with me from the NO area, 2 cats, and 3 dogs. At least they didn't bring the snakes like last time.

Good luck to you.

14. UL Football Cajuns fall to Golden Eagles, 51-21

HATTIESBURG, Miss. – Damion Fletcher gave UL huge headaches in its season-opener on Saturday night.

The junior running back enjoyed a game to remember, although it was one the Ragin' Cajuns would rather forget after a 51-21 loss to Southern Miss before 32,792 at M.M. Roberts Stadium.

Fletcher, the preseason offensive player of the year in Conference USA, shredded UL's defense a career-high 222 yards and two touchdowns on 21 carries as the Golden Eagles won in Larry Fedora's head coaching debut.

"The O-line proved that they can get the job done," said Fletcher, who rushed for a program-record 1,586 yards last season. "I just ran hard and did the things we do in practice."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • August 30, 2008

15. Default Re: Our D is Playin 2 Hand Tap Football

i only got to hear it on the radio but it sure seemed pretty damn bad on the defensive side of the ball esp. Illinois on deck OUCH ! ! !

Page 81 of 222 FirstFirst . 71 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 91 . LastLast

Thread Information