Page 80 of 222 FirstFirst . 70 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 90 . LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Like I said

I predicted a multiple touchdown defeat and it happened. I said the defense was small (a few here mocked me) and people were dreaming if they thought there would be marked improvement.

There have been suggestions here that we are talented and that the new players would make a difference.

Who are these new players that had everyone so excited? A bunch of Louisiana All-State selections? Prospects with a bunch of stars after their names on Scout and Rivals? All those kids we beat decent mid-major programs out for? You mean those athletes?

The answer,

They DO NOT EXIST!

Bustle must be fired and he can take that pathetic recruiting coordinator with him. We are getting are butts handed to us in humiliating fashion because this staff continues to ignore Louisiana prospects and make excuses for why they cant sign the ones that would be making a difference right now.

Guess what, Derek Dooley with his big salary and his well paid assistant coaches just beat Miss. St. of the SEC. That's right, beat the guy who was SEC coach of the year last year.

How about some new season predictions now that we are all on the same level of reality and crashed from our off-season stupor of believing everything we read in the local paper and what Baghdad Bob feeds us in the afternoon on 1420.

Default Re: Southern Miss predictions

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    Yeah, you're right. Our tiny little players against your mighty, pseudo-BSC caliber behemoths. We have NO chance to even make it a close game. What WERE we thinking??? That's my prediction, USM - 48, UL - 8. Solid as a rock!

See ya Saturday! Let the games begin!!!
    LOL!!! Well, you knew more about the game than I did. I thought it was going to be close. Like I said, history said that your team would be in for a long night and once again history repeated itself. I must admit I was amazed at the number of Cajun fans that took offense to USM fans predicting a blowout, because that is what it has been before. Also I told you that you would be facing the best running back you would see this year. Fletch is awesome.

Time for you guys to step up and make a coaching change. Bustle is a joke. I would hire Jeff Bower tomorrow. Anyway, good luck the rest of the year. Based on what ASU did tonight against the Aggies, you are going to need it. USM plays ASU at their house in two weeks and that will be a hard game to get a win for my Eagles.

Now to the important stuff. I hope and pray all of you down in Cajun land are fine after this storm hits. God Bless and good luck.

Default Re: Like I said

Forgot to add, Arkansas St. just beat Texas A&M while we were out losing to a team with a new coach, very few returning starters and that's picked to finish at the bottom of C-USA.

Default Re: Allow me to quote myself.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    _ A rebuilding year? What has Bustle built? _
    A crappy lean-to

Crow anyone?

That QB of yours is good on his feet though- that's for sure.

It's been fun guys. Good luck during the storm and the rest of the season.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Southern Miss predictions

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
    _ LOL!!! Well, you knew more about the game than I did. I thought it was going to be close. Like I said, history said that your team would be in for a long night and once again history repeated itself. I must admit I was amazed at the number of Cajun fans that took offense to USM fans predicting a blowout, because that is what it has been before. Also I told you that you would be facing the best running back you would see this year. Fletch is awesome.

Time for you guys to step up and make a coaching change. Bustle is a joke. I would hire Jeff Bower tomorrow. Anyway, good luck the rest of the year. Based on what ASU did tonight against the Aggies, you are going to need it. USM plays ASU at their house in two weeks and that will be a hard game to get a win for my Eagles.

Now to the important stuff. I hope and pray all of you down in Cajun land are fine after this storm hits. God Bless and good luck. _
    Good game, and thanks for the well wishes. Looks like those of us here in the Crescent City area are going to need it, AGAIN.

Default Re: Like I said

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBoudin View Post
    _ Forgot to add, Arkansas St. just beat Texas A&M while we were out losing to a team with a new coach, very few returning starters and that's picked to finish at the bottom of C-USA. _
    I don't know where people got the idea we would be any better than usual. We have no coaching and very limited Division I talent. Most of our players would not be first teamers for McNeese, Northwestern, Nicholls or Southeastern. It's a freaking joke.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Our D is Playin 2 Hand Tap Football

Believe me, it looked even WORSE in person!!! Half the time, they were still looking for what alignment to run when usm was ready to snap the GD ball!!! Illinois is going to CRUSH us in 2 weeks unless a freaking miracle occurs with our D!!!

Default Re: ul at usm

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ I can see how you wouuld feel this way, but our problems are so deep we could have Jake or Mitchell at QB and we would be getting trounced. The only thing we are good at is running the ball, and Des is a big part of that. _
    Okay, so put him in the backfield with Fenroy, and get a quarterback who can throw the freaking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    _ It's not that we're losing to Southern Miss. I expecteed that. We look like an unprepared, disorganized group of 1-AA players. I hope the season shows that we're better than that.

So far, I'm expecting "We're young" "we'll improve and learn" and other such rhetoric from Bustle post-game. Don't we have him signed until 2011? God help us. _
    Some of us have been trying to tell you lamebrains this for months. This is one of if not the worst team in Division I football.

Quote Originally Posted by cjntgr View Post
    _ Just think what Illinois and Kansas State will do to us. This will be a looooong season, hope im wrong. _
    You're not wrongnot by a longshot!

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    _ I will probably get blasted for this, but I think it is time to go in another direction at quarterback. Des is a great athlete, and runner, but he is not getting it done at quarterback. If Bustle somehow makes it through this year, he is going to need someone with some experience at QB next year. _
    Something else some of us have been trying to tell you guys. Des is no QB not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    _ Well, I am about sick and tired of the excuses!! This team is GARBAGE, why do we even play in 1A? We better see some improvements soon or I am done supporting this athletic program! _
    Same question some of us have been asking. I for one don't like getting our butts kicked every year. It's time to think about playing NAIA ha.

Default Re: UL vs USM will be a RUSH

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    You are either going to pony up one or the other on Saturday. "damn that Fenroy is good". or "damn that UL OL can open up holes for that Fenroy". it will either be one or both.
    Could you have been more wrong?

Fletch thanks you for being witness to a record-setting night for our offense.

I'm sorry to be a homer right now, but this was a debate that, when it was settled, was so lopsided that I can't let it go unmentioned.

Fenroy- 13 carries, 56 yds, 1 td.
    Fletcher- 21 carries, 222 yards, 2 td's (and only 5 carries in the 2nd half)

Hopefully Fenroy turns it on for the rest of the year for you guys. Did he get hurt?

Page 80 of 222 FirstFirst . 70 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 90 . LastLast

Thread Information