Page 67 of 222 FirstFirst . 57 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 77 . LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3319

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. UL Football Historic season for Fenroy begins against Golden Eagles

Whenever Tyrell Fenroy needs encouragement, he can simply glance down at the Superman logo tattooed on the outside of his left shoulder.

Around his neck hangs a silver chain with the same symbol, always within his reach when he needs comfort and support.

"I just picked this up at a store back in the spring," Fenroy said, holding the chain in his hands. "That's my motivation when I get down."

As UL's football team prepares for its season opener at 6 tonight, Fenroy is primed to run into the record books again for the Ragin' Cajuns. The senior running back needs 65 yards to become the program's all-time leading rusher, passing the current mark of 3,335 yards set by former UL quarterback Brian Mitchell from 1986-89.

"A lot of people have been mentioning it (the record) around town," said Fenroy, the first Cajun running back to post a 1,000-yard season. "But to be honest, I haven't even thought about it, not even once.

"I'm more focused on this being my last season and trying to help my team go down to Southern Miss and get a win."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • August 30, 2008

Default UL vs USM-Watch Online

www.channelsurfing.net has the game if anyone is looking to watch it online.

Default Re: It's Gameday atTHE ROCK!!!!

Ain't scared to go to the district byxeagle. Look for me, I'll be wearing red (haha). Have a few cold bud lights ready for me, we'll toast the 2008 season.

There will be plenty of beer in the District but not at our tailgate. I'm in BYX which while being a fraternity of Christian men, doesn't have a problem with drinking but it can't be done at official BYX events such as tailgating. If you are nice enough though, I'm sure someone will give you a beer. If you are wondering what BYX is or just think we are weird check us out. www.betaupsilonchi.org. We are Christian guys but are far from perfect and definitely won't throw a Bible at you. Now Jimbo if you want an pure beef cheeseburger and an Ice cold Coca-Cola we might can help you out. SMTTT!!!!

Default Re: Lack of Foresight: Time change never considered for UL-USM

Poor call on USM if you ask me. We shall see what happens in the aftermath. I hope I'm wrong.

A cheeseburger sounds good, i'll bring my own beer. I'll look for your organization and come by for that burger if I find it. We are about to hit the highway now, looking forward to a good time and a good game!!

Quote Originally Posted by byxeagle View Post
    _ Brave man making the trip from P'Cola. I honestly didn't realize how far (and indirect a drive) it is from Lafayette to Hattiesburg. Glad the fans are turning out. Ignore the few idiots that we will undoubtable have. Take a free beer if it's offered to you because after the final bell sounds, a free beer might be the best part of your day. _
    a lot of the fans will not be in attendance due to Gustav. The contraflow screwed up my trip.

10 miles to hattiesburg. Traffic flow was fine. Chauncey is rockin his mex wedding shirt and is in gametime form already. Hope many cajun fans are there. Will report on arrival!

9. Default Re: UL vs USM-Watch Online

I have Cox digital cable, is there anyway I can order this game?
    Thanks

Default Re: UL vs USM-Watch Online

Cool sports bar across the street from the district. Zodiac, $10 parking and free drink ticket
    igeaux.mobi

11. Default Re: Lack of Foresight: Time change never considered for UL-USM

Understand that it is perfect for them other than the loss revenue in concess. sales!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    a lot of the fans will not be in attendance due to Gustav. The contraflow screwed up my trip.
    Me too. I had planned to be there, but all of the issues around Gustav have stopped me from going. Damn! I was so looking forward to going! Hope you guys going will represent us well! Geaux Cajuns!!!! (Geaux away, Gustav!!!!)

LSU fans are now free to roam about the country

Default Re: 4 Tickets available

If anyone knows anybody going to the game that needs tickets, they can have them for free, I'll give them the confirmation number and they can pick them up at the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by LSU Bob View Post
    _ LSU fans are now free to roam about the country _
    Well we are are relieved to know that. UL can focus on their own families and property. What would we do without good ol' a&mbob keeping the UL fans updated about State?

Page 67 of 222 FirstFirst . 57 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 77 . LastLast

Thread Information