Page 66 of 222 FirstFirst . 56 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 76 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. UL Football Opponent View: Louisiana out to spoil Fedora's debut

JACKSON, Miss. -- Forget New Southern Miss coach Larry Fedora's search for a quarterback. If the Golden Eagles are going to win in the coach's debut, it'll be his successful search for four new defensive linemen that brings victory.

The school is set to open a new stadium expansion and fans bought a record number of season tickets in anticipation of Fedora's first win. But if the Golden Eagles can't stop Tyrell Fenroy and a Louisiana-Lafayette rushing attack that was seventh in the nation last season, it won't matter who runs his high-octane offense.

"We've got four guys on defense basically that have played," Fedora said. "And just a couple more on offense. You don't know how those guys are going to react when you have to adjust."

Fedora replaces longtime coach Jeff Bower, who guided the Golden Eagles to 14 straight winning seasons. If the former Oklahoma State offensive coordinator wants to continue that winning streak, he'll need fill several gaps left by departed players.

The most anticipated personnel decision might not be made till game time. The competition between Austin Davis and Martevious Young at quarterback has stretched into the final days before kickoff with Fedora unable to make a final decision.

The rest of the story

By CHRIS TALBOTT

2. UL Football Fedora

Don't forget to bring Fedora a Fedora Red Hat as a gift to commemorate his first USM football game (a loss) at the hands of the UL Vermilion and White.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default It's Gameday atTHE ROCK!!!!

Well ladies and gents the day has come. Time for both teams to go out and prove who wants it more. Will it be the young talented Damion Fletcher that pounds the ball on the ground and Gerald McRath destroying offensive players like it's second nature or will it be the young and hungry Cajuns looking for shades of 1989. Good Luck but not too good of luck. Hope to get to meet some Cajun fans today. If you are at all brave enough join us out in the District.

Default Re: Opponent View: McRath senses danger

Kid is a heck of a player. I've heard he spends ridiculous amounts of time reviewing film.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: It's Gameday atTHE ROCK!!!!

Getting ready to top off the tank, the ice chest, & hit the road from P'cola. I try to make the season opener each year. Always love the anticipation. Had a great time @ USC last year. Can't wait to T.G. with the brave souls coming from LA. Geaux Cajuns.

Default Re: It's Gameday atTHE ROCK!!!!

Brave man making the trip from P'Cola. I honestly didn't realize how far (and indirect a drive) it is from Lafayette to Hattiesburg. Glad the fans are turning out. Ignore the few idiots that we will undoubtable have. Take a free beer if it's offered to you because after the final bell sounds, a free beer might be the best part of your day.

Default Re: A little nostalgia for Cajun fans.

Quote Originally Posted by byxeagle View Post
    _ Well whatever it is that you are called. ULa-La is what I refer to you as just as some of your fans have refferred to us as SMU. _
    Those fans are ignorant or just being _____holes, So which are you. By the way I have alot of respect for USM. They are in my top 5 non BCS programs. But just as we have down years (way more than we want) I think this year we have a better team and MAYBE USM is a little down????

I would have to go with ignorant. I'm aware of the name arguments that go around between the Cajuns and the other schools like LSU, but I don't really know much more about it than that. I know that I see your school often abbreviated as ULa-La so thats what I go with. Sorry for the confusion.

Well ladies and gents the day has come. Time for both teams to go out and prove who wants it more. Will it be the young talented Damion Fletcher that pounds the ball on the ground and Gerald McRath destroying offensive players like it's second nature or will it be the young and hungry Cajuns looking for shades of 1989. Good Luck but not too good of luck. Hope to get to meet some Cajun fans today. If you are at all brave enough join us out in the District.
    Thanks, supposed to be leaving in about 45 minutes. Looking forward to the USM hospitality.

Hope Jindal holds off on contraflow until Sunday.

Default Re: Notes from the Quarterback Club

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ I agree, the past does matter.

Whenever UL has had a running quarterback . . . it has owned USM.

1920's Keener Cagle

late 80's Brian Mitchell

2008 Mike Desormeaux

See you tonight. _
    Well guys, the smack talk has been fun. You've gotten me pumped up for a game that wasn't looking to be all that exciting. It's game day now. I'm about to load up the family and head to Hattiesburg. If you're traveling, stay safe and good luck with Gustav. You all be careful and enjoy the game and season.

Well whatever it is that you are called. ULa-La is what I refer to you as just as some of your fans have refferred to us as SMU.
    Well, I hope it's just some game-day stuff by a few knuckleheads. When we've played in the past, our fans have gotten along very well, in Hattiesburg, in Lafayette.

Actually, I would hope our fans could be cleverer than that. Lessee Sour Milk, Some Mistake, Golden Beagles, Hattiesburg Huckleberries. how's that?

Looking forward to visiting you guys in a few hours.

This is so COOL Re: A little nostalgia for Cajun fans.

Don't forget Golden Buzzards. The sisters up north seem to be fond of that one.

Default Re: Notes from the Quarterback Club

Quote Originally Posted by GoEagles View Post
    Don't get your hopes up on that one. The Cajuns have our full attention. This is Fedora's first game, and it will be in front of a near sellout crowd. I'm quite sure that he doesn't want to go out and lay an egg tomorrow, and start his head coaching career off on a bad note. I'm looking for him to come out and make a statement. He was hired not only to win championships, but to also fill up the stands and increase revenue. He knows that the way to do that is to put a potent offense on the field and light up the scoreboard. That's the main reason that I think things are going to get out of hand tomorrow night. He's going to have the full attention of Eagle nation, and he wants to impress them. You guys are in an unfortunate situation. I know that we're going to score a lot of points. If your offense can't keep up, it's going to be ugly.
    Oh, without a doubt. We have-- as I'm sure your fans have-- discussed this game every which way from kosher. Our players and fans have been looking up and down your player charts, talking about where the key players-- strong and otherwise-- are. You fans have probably looked as carefully at our team as we have at yours.

We're hoping for a complete team to show up, like the second half team at Houston 2 years ago. That, to my knowledge, was the first time a UL team had come from behind on the road to a heavily favored opponent. Some people put that as a key benchmark for our program's growth.

That team didn't have the complete talent package this one does, so we are cautiously optimistic.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Hope Jindal holds off on contraflow until Sunday. _
    I called *LSP to ask the Louisiana State Police about this, and I have assurance that New Orleans contraflow will begin Sunday at 4 A.M at the earliest. That's a good thing.

Default 4 Tickets available

Not going to get to go to the game. Got 4 tickets on the first row of Section PP available if anyone wants them. Right above the rest of the Cajun fans. Tickets can be picked up at the stadium.

Page 66 of 222 FirstFirst . 56 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 76 . LastLast

Thread Information