Page 60 of 222 FirstFirst . 50 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 70 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Q & A with UL coach Rickey Bustle

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I wish Bustle was a little more positive and inspiring.
    I wish you were a bit more on these boards as well.

Default Re: Southern Miss predictions

Quote Originally Posted by GoEagles View Post
    _ It's interesting that you guys are dodging the question that I posed earlier, so I'll ask it again. If some good CUSA teams beat some bad SEC teams, would you proclaim CUSA to be better than the SEC? So you slipped up and beat Houston? It happens. UL-Monroe slipped up and beat Bama. Are you guys claiming superiority to the SEC? _
    I don't think that I ever claimed superiority. But, to answer your question, it would be arguable if we had a winning record against them for two years straight, as we have against your conference.

Under your logic and the facts, our conference slips up a lot. I guess we're just accident prone. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ You come to our board and post rediculous opinions about how great CUSA is and how spectacular USM is but the fact of the matter is that your CUSA mates have passed you guys up. Tulsa, UCF, Houston, Memphis, and ECU all have more name recognition and pespect than USM. Face it you guys are a respectable mid major, you are not world beater or anything close. Southern Mississippi must have some good mushrooms. Are we at the level of USM, no. But we are a lot closer than any of your fans are willing to admit. _
    i've stayed out of this pizzing contest 'til now. i have nothing for so miss, and am a semi-fan of ul thanks to my daughter.

BUT, the fact is so miss goes to a bowl game about every year it seems to me. remember: of the list of teams that were "charter members" of 1-a when it was created over 20 years ago, ONLY ONE has never been to a 1-a bowl game---the cajuns. you just can't say a team still trying to do something for the first time is "close" to a team that does it almost all the time. vast gulf between the two football programs to someone pretty objective about it.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunlove View Post
    I don't think that I ever claimed superiority. But, to answer your question, it would be arguable if we had a winning record against them for two years straight, as we have against your conference.

Under your logic and the facts, our conference slips up a lot. I guess we're just accident prone. Right?
    LOL! You might make that claim, but you'd be laughed out of the room. You can't compare conferences based on a few random games. If you want to put your 8 members up against 1 through 8 of CUSA, then take that record and talk smack, you might have something. However, I think that you would be very disappointed with the result.

FAU vs UCF = CUSA blowout victory
    Troy vs Tulsa = CUSA blowout victory
    ULM vs ECU = CUSA blowout victory
    MTSU vs Houston = CUSA blowout victory
    ULL vs USM = CUSA blowout victory
    UNT vs Memphis = CUSA blowout victory
    FIU vs Tulane = likely CUSA win

There's a reason that CUSA has 5-6 bowls/year, while the SB has 1. There's a reason why CUSA has multi-year/multi-million dollar TV contracts with ESPN and CSTV, and the SB doesn't have squat. We are a better conference, and everyone in the world seems to know it but YOU.

5. Default Re: Southern Miss predictions

may aswell toss my hat into the ring here.

Cajuns - 31

S. Miss - 28

GEAUX CAJUNS !! !! !!

6. Default Re: Cajun Defense Ready To Pressure

Cant wait to see how much the D has improved , and hopefully can keep us in alot more games given our offense a shot to grab some wins.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Opponent View: USM vs UL

Quote Originally Posted by GoEagles View Post
    _ I think that our defense is more than capable. _
    And I believe the CAJUNS' D will be quite capable of stopping the eagles' O when the time comes!! CAN'T WAIT FOR SATURDAY!!!

BEAT S. MISS!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoGold View Post
    _ And if you lose the game? _

That's the great thing. We are not supposed to win by most projections and certainly not by your fanbase. However, what is acceptable to you as a good win? You're favored by 10 I believe. You're not going to blow us out so basically even if you win by 3, will this be a bad victory? We are in the win-win situation. As long as we come in and play well, we will have something to build on for the rest of the season since we do have some serious questionmarks that need to be answered. If you lose, all hell has broken loose in Hattiesburg and CUSA is in trouble since its flagship university lost to a SBC team

USM 31 UL 14

David Walker, I hope you have already begun compiling your short list of coaching candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ That's the great thing. We are not supposed to win by most projections and certainly not by your fanbase. However, what is acceptable to you as a good win? You're favored by 10 I believe. You're not going to blow us out so basically even if you win by 3, will this be a bad victory? We are in the win-win situation. As long as we come in and play well, we will have something to build on for the rest of the season since we do have some serious questionmarks that need to be answered. If you lose, all hell has broken loose in Hattiesburg and CUSA is in trouble since its flagship university lost to a SBC team _
    I'll be happy with a one point win.suprised, but happy.

11. Default Re: Southern Miss predictions

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ Louisville, Cinci, and USF built CUSA into the power that it now. USM played a role but don't kid yourself. USM is not and has not been the class of CUSA for some time. Respectable program for sure but no where near what you think they are. If they were then you would hear much more about them, kind of like Boise, Utah, Frsno, Nevada, Hawaii in the west an ECU and UCF in your own conference. _
    So Florda did nothing to add to cusa while it was a member. If im not mistaken, they had one bowl appearance, the very last season they were a member. Cinn had a few bowls but nothing major in football. They did contribute in basketball during the Huggins era.

As far as East Carolina goes, if it were not for Southern Miss they would still be on the outside looking in. We led the push to include them, in fact Louisville fought it so hard, U of L had to be kicked out of cusa for about 30 minutes so the bylaws could be changed and ECU voted on. Besides ECU has ZERO east div or conf championships.

12. Default Re: Southern Miss predictions

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBoudin View Post
    _ USM 31 UL 14

David Walker, I hope you have already begun compiling your short list of coaching candidates. _
    Jeff Bower is available.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Southern Miss predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Brett View Post
    _ Jeff Bower is available. _
    And I would NOT mind getting him, either!!! Bustle will get one last chance, though. He's getting some real talent onto this team, NOW he has to prove to us he can COACH them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ That's the great thing. We are not supposed to win by most projections and certainly not by your fanbase. However, what is acceptable to you as a good win? You're favored by 10 I believe. You're not going to blow us out so basically even if you win by 3, will this be a bad victory? We are in the win-win situation. As long as we come in and play well, we will have something to build on for the rest of the season since we do have some serious questionmarks that need to be answered. If you lose, all hell has broken loose in Hattiesburg and CUSA is in trouble since its flagship university lost to a SBC team _
    Come on, the spread is for Vegas. They set the spread, if they don't get what they want, they change it so they do. I rarely bet on college football (although I do have a sizeable amount on the UTEP/Buffalo game) and I wouldn't bet on this game. If we win, how much we win by won't concern me. How well we performed will. Same goes for if we lose.

If you win, you won't be beating the CUSA flagship. Thanks anyway, but for now, it is a incorrect statement.

Overconfidence usually comes back to bite ya in the _____

UL Cajuns 27
    USM Eagles 23

Page 60 of 222 FirstFirst . 50 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 70 . LastLast

Thread Information