Page 56 of 222 FirstFirst . 46 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 66 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Southern Miss predictions

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ I guess the point is not getting through to any of your fans. I'm really not trying to be rude but seriously, how does nobody get it. We don't look at a conference matchup with MTSU and say, well guys we're going to beat you because in 2003, we beat you 20-10 (don't know the exact score but its to make a point) so therefore, we must hang at least 20 on you again. It makes no sense. In 2003, LSU was winning the national title ( it pains me to say it) but in the late 90's they were suffering.

I guess if we wanted to have an alumni game and take the 2003 teams back and suit them up, you'd have a logical assessment of how it would go. This is now. Even last year is a distant memory. We believe our team has completely been upgraded and will be improved. Only a few days left to tell for sure. Yeah, we lost to McNeese. Did you also see us almost beat South Carolina on the road and have 2 drives stall inside their 5 yard line with turnovers to seal it? This team is different from that one. By that logic, we should easily win right??

BTW, I was using that statement to contradict you saying that only a couple of USM fans were arrogant in their predictions. I beg to differ. Honestly, I can't say that I blame you but I just wish the gaudy predictions weren't on our board. _
    You don't seem to understand. We're not just looking at 1 game. We've played each other 50 times. USM has won 77% of those games, and more times than not it was a complete blowout.

Not only that, but your team has no way to prepare for ours. You have game tape to see what we're going to do, so it's going to be a guessing game. Since your team is pretty young, it's going to be difficult for them to adapt in real time. I can almost guarantee that we're going to come out and completely baffle your players and coaches in the first half. It will be interesting to see if you can adapt and recover in the 2nd half.

I'd also like to add that your team would get more respect had you been kicking ass since '03. The fact is that nothing has changed. You still only won 3 games while playing in the worst conference in America.

Once again I will say that I expect a hard fought, close game. It should be a fun day with a packed stadium. I am very impressed with the number of Cajun fans coming to the game. Now my prediction on the game.

USM 27
    ULL 24

I hope all Cajun fans coming to the Rock have a safe and great time.

Quote Originally Posted by GoEagles View Post
    _ I'd also like to add that your team would get more respect had you been kicking ass since '03. The fact is that nothing has changed. You still only won 3 games while playing in the worst conference in America. _
    What was the head-to-head record between the Belt and CUSA last year? How about the year before?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunlove View Post
    _ What was the head-to-head record between the Belt and CUSA last year? How about the year before? _
    I don't really care. You're not playing CUSA, you're playing USM. And out of our last 10 games against "the Belt", we've won all 10.

_ I don't really care. You're not playing CUSA, you're playing USM. And out of our last 10 games against "the Belt", we've won all 10. _
    You classified our conference as "the worst in America." Don't change the subject, answer the question.

Default Re: UL vs USM will be a RUSH

Quote Originally Posted by PR_Eagle View Post
    _ Blah, sorry guys.
    I missed my daily 'Chill Pill' dosage.

Just popped one and s'all good now. _
    You take those orally?

I'd also like to add that your team would get more respect had you been kicking ass since '03. The fact is that nothing has changed. You still only won 3 games while playing in the worst conference in America.
    2005 - we had a 6-5 record, shared the conference title and lost the tiebreaker to ASU, and finished the year on a 5 game winning streak. Had you seen us in the new orleans bowl instead of ASU, you would have alot more respect for us, or atleast I hope you would.

2006 - We finished 6-6, and in that season we beat the CUSA champion Houston.

2007 - The only time out of the last 3 years that we didn't have a non losing record.

If nothing has changed since 2003.you just haven't been paying attention. The last 2 years alone, the sunbelt has had a winning record vs CUSA, and until last year, we matched or eclipsed our win total from the previous season each year.

One last thing, Sagarin aims to disagree with the idea that the Sunbelt is the "worst conference in the world"

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc07.htm

Last year we finished ahead of the MAC and only .35 points behind the mighty CUSA.

Thank you, I'll step off my soap box now.

_ I don't really care. You're not playing CUSA, you're playing USM. And out of our last 10 games against "the Belt", we've won all 10. _
    We've played ten Belt teams?

I only recall 5 games (granted we won all 5). ASU (twice), North Texas, and ULL (twice)

_ You're an idiot.

The point was to say the USM would have at least one more point than LA. That's all I care about. _
    Sorry, I took so long to reply( I was taking my idiot medicine). I understand you just wanna win by 1 point, but you still can't score 1 point in football game!!!.1-0 oh man

I still think you're missing the point.

Of course I realize you can't score 1 single point, but we can have 35 and you can have 34.
    Maybe I should've said, "The only margin I care about is 1-0"? Would that have made it clear?

_ I still think you're missing the point.

Of course I realize you can't score 1 single point, but we can have 35 and you can have 34.
    Maybe I should've said, "The only margin I care about is 1-0"? Would that have made it clear? _
    NO, I think your missing the point are you a blonde?.

I can't compete with your endless knowledge of football and brilliant analysis of Saturdays game. I was gonna go, I had tickets and everything but now that I've read all these posts of yours, with the help of some other knowledgeable USM fans, I'm gonna eat the tickets, stay home, and organize the old sock drawer get it wink wink.

Cajuns-31
    Eagles-21

Not because I'm a Cajun fan, Because I'm an IDIOT.

13. UL Football Senior Expectations High

When Tyrell Fenroy heard where UL's football team was picked in the Sun Belt preseason poll, he merely shrugged.

Sixth in the eight-team league?

No problem.

Fenroy, who will likely become UL's career rushing leader by the third quarter of Saturday's opener at Southern Miss, found some extra inspiration from the low expectations by non-Cajun faithful. And, yes, the senior running back remembers the Cajuns went 3-9 last season.

"I just use that as motivation," Fenroy said of the preseason ranking. "Coming off a 3-9 season, we were expecting to be picked low. As far as motivation goes, we look at that every day like they're picking us to finish last.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • August 27, 2008

Homes SO Clean

Quote Originally Posted by 4LSU View Post
    You guys came in at 83 and the Cajuns 88. _
    Hey Curley, thanks for your participation.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Hey Curley, thanks for your participation. _
    My pleasure, Jerry.

I don't think it was the answer he was expecting.

Page 56 of 222 FirstFirst . 46 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 66 . LastLast

Thread Information