Page 55 of 222 FirstFirst ... 45 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 65 ... LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: UL vs USM will be a RUSH

Quote Originally Posted by PR_Eagle View Post
    _ The argument could be made because of your poor conference, but that's another debate
    (Just kidding, chill your boners gentlemen)

Zeebart, what's unbelievable is the amount of assumptions you make. That, friend, is unbelievable.

Who's Brian Mitchell? Never heard of him. _
    Brian Mitchell is 2nd to Jerry Rice in total yards in the NFL!

Hmmmmm I like that you went with the poor schedule excuse...

Against Tennessee Fletcher rushed for 37 yards on 11 carries...here's the funny part Fenroy rushed for 113 on 14 carries against those same Vols lol and USM has a much better O-Line than lil ole UL because obviously you have so much more talent so it can't be that the O-Line is that much better can it? So obviously Fenroy is the better Back!

We had 2 other common opponents in ASU and UCF but Fenroy didn't play against UCF and was still banged up against ASU.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ You must be young. Most USM people know him. He was arguably the greatest player UL has ever had. Also, the story goes Brett Farve went to USM because Mitchell was already a star QB at U(S)L.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Keith_Mitchell _
    It is a fact. Ask Coach Broussard.

Z

Louisiana Re: UL QB Club Press Luncheon

The QB Club meeting was very informative and well attended . The next meeting will not be until the Monday after Labor Day. Coach ___uier was the speaker for the second half of the meeting. He spoke with passion about our defense. I loved his attitude. He was mad about the performance of the defense last season and tired of hearing about it. Usually the team will pick up on this throughout the year. It seems like they have been working all year for a chance to redeem themselves. I expect them to come out aginst USM with something to prove. I expect to see Tackles N Turnovers by this hungry defense.

Default Re: UL QB Club Press Luncheon

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    _ It seems like they have been working all year for a chance to redeem themselves. I expect them to come out aginst USM with something to prove. I expect to see Tackles N Turnovers by this hungry defense. _
    Can we call them...The Redeem team defense

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Brian Mitchell is 2nd to Jerry Rice in total yards in the NFL!

Hmmmmm I like that you went with the poor schedule excuse...

Against Tennessee Fletcher rushed for 37 yards on 11 carries...here's the funny part Fenroy rushed for 113 on 14 carries against those same Vols lol and USM has a much better O-Line than lil ole UL because obviously you have so much more talent so it can't be that the O-Line is that much better can it? So obviously Fenroy is the better Back!

We had 2 other common opponents in ASU and UCF but Fenroy didn't play against UCF and was still banged up against ASU. _
    Clearly the concept of 'sarcasm' is beyond your grasp.
    Enjoy the crow Saturday night. I'm done trying to be civil and friendly with this board.

Default Re: Southern Miss predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    _ Dude, you can't kick an extra point withoutscoring a TD.... And there's no way your gonna shut out our offense.... 1-0 ha!!! _
    You're an idiot.

The point was to say the USM would have at least one more point than ULaLa. That's all I care about.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ Clearly the concept of 'sarcasm' is beyond your grasp.
    Enjoy the crow Saturday night. I'm done trying to be civil and friendly with this board. _
    Clutch has a "smiley face" in his post.

Z

_ You're an idiot.

The point was to say the USM would have at least one more point than LA. That's all I care about. _
    ahem......that my friend........ was sarcasm! two way street.

Quote Originally Posted by NewRox View Post
    _ Did you attend Southern Missi P P issi? _
    Did you just start 1st grade?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Clutch has a "smiley face" in his post.

Z _
    Z, I guess a man can't joke around anymore these days lol I put a "smiley" a "lol" what more can a man do! Oh Well life goes on!

_ Clearly the concept of 'sarcasm' is beyond your grasp.
    Enjoy the crow Saturday night. I'm done trying to be civil and friendly with this board. _
    I do understand sarcasm very well that is why I used it in my post! "Why so serious" lol

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The vast majority of your fans are predicting 50-10 wins.
    It's not like there is no history to back up such predictions. I've been to a lot of USM games, and seen USM blow out a lot of teams. The '03 game where we beat you guys 48-3 is the only game that I can ever remember feeling sorry for a IA opponent. Your team was so out-manned it was pathetic. If we hadn't sent the scout team in towards the end of the 3rd quarter and totally shut down our offense, we probably could have hung 80 on you.

So that's where USM fans get their confidence. It's not like we're looking down on you just because you're in a lesser conference. We're just confident because we've "been there and done that".

Default Re: UL QB Club Press Luncheon

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    _ The QB Club meeting was very informative and well attended . The next meeting will not be until the Monday after Labor Day. Coach ___uier was the speaker for the second half of the meeting. He spoke with passion about our defense. I loved his attitude. He was mad about the performance of the defense last season and tired of hearing about it. Usually the team will pick up on this throughout the year. It seems like they have been working all year for a chance to redeem themselves. I expect them to come out aginst USM with something to prove. I expect to see Tackles N Turnovers by this hungry defense. _

From what I saw in the scrimmages, I believe it especially the last scrimmage at cajun field. There were several scraps with the O line and D line and even Des was getting into it. I think he would have loved to take that yellow jersey off and get into as well. You could tell that the D took it personally if they O scored or got a big play. I saw the difference in attitude and desire and if it carries onto the field, you will see a different unit show up.

Blah, sorry guys.
    I missed my daily 'Chill Pill' dosage.

Just popped one and s'all good now.

Quote Originally Posted by GoEagles View Post
    _ It's not like there is no history to back up such predictions. I've been to a lot of USM games, and seen USM blow out a lot of teams. The '03 game where we beat you guys 48-3 is the only game that I can ever remember feeling sorry for a IA opponent. Your team was so out-manned it was pathetic. If we hadn't sent the scout team in towards the end of the 3rd quarter and totally shut down our offense, we probably could have hung 80 on you.

So that's where USM fans get their confidence. It's not like we're looking down on you just because you're in a lesser conference. We're just confident because we've "been there and done that". _

I guess the point is not getting through to any of your fans. I'm really not trying to be rude but seriously, how does nobody get it. We don't look at a conference matchup with MTSU and say, well guys we're going to beat you because in 2003, we beat you 20-10 (don't know the exact score but its to make a point) so therefore, we must hang at least 20 on you again. It makes no sense. In 2003, LSU was winning the national title ( it pains me to say it) but in the late 90's they were suffering.

I guess if we wanted to have an alumni game and take the 2003 teams back and suit them up, you'd have a logical assessment of how it would go. This is now. Even last year is a distant memory. We believe our team has completely been upgraded and will be improved. Only a few days left to tell for sure. Yeah, we lost to McNeese. Did you also see us almost beat South Carolina on the road and have 2 drives stall inside their 5 yard line with turnovers to seal it? This team is different from that one. By that logic, we should easily win right??

BTW, I was using that statement to contradict you saying that only a couple of USM fans were arrogant in their predictions. I beg to differ. Honestly, I can't say that I blame you but I just wish the gaudy predictions weren't on our board.

Page 55 of 222 FirstFirst ... 45 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 65 ... LastLast

Thread Information