Page 54 of 222 FirstFirst ... 44 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 64 ... LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Southern Miss predictions

Quote Originally Posted by GoEagles View Post
    _ If losing to USM "shocks" you, then you aren't living in reality. There's a reason that we've won 77% of our games against each other. You just don't have the same caliber of athletes that USM does. That's not a slam, it's just reality...and the same reason that Auburn will likely spank us next week. Anything can happen in football. We can always fall apart and lose to a ULL, just like Michigan fell apart and lost to Appy St. But to say that your fans will be "shocked" to lose to us is just laughable.

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div...hp?teamid=1801 _

You go ahead and compare a loss to UL to that of App St. beating Michigan. That is what is laughable...The delusions that you fans have is unmistakable. You act as if you are in a BCS conference but you can't even win CUSA. That is a joke. Nobody here is saying that you don't have some talent. However, like the oddsmakers, you are simply basing your prediction on last years breakdown and games that haven't been played in 5 years. To think that your talent differential is that MUCH greater than ours is a joke. Again, do I think we have as many high caliber athletes as USM? No, but don't think for a minute we can't come in there and spank your team. I can accept and certainly expect as much from LSU fans but from a mid-level conference team that struggles to win its own division... You might want to take a reality pill..

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
    _ Southern Miss is now ranked as a Tier 3 university by US News and World Report's rankings of National Universities. _

Now we've been put in our place... Cajun fans run and hide

Default Re: UL vs USM will be a RUSH

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ http://myespn.go.com/blogs/others/0-...-Rankings.html

Proof that our RB is better than your RB! If ESPN said it, it has to be true! lol Ok for the sensitive people out there I was joking _
    The argument could be made because of your poor conference, but that's another debate
    (Just kidding, chill your boners gentlemen)

Zeebart, what's unbelievable is the amount of assumptions you make. That, friend, is unbelievable.

Who's Brian Mitchell? Never heard of him.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The delusions that you fans have is unmistakable.
    Painting with a pretty broad brush aren't we?

That one Eagle fan in particular may be delusional, but I doubt many other USM fans who understand football think we're going to blow ULL out. Am I expecting to win? Of course. Am I expecting to win by 14 or more? Yep. Would I feel confident enough to bet money on it? No way in hell.

The only numbers that matter at the end of the day are:

USM-1
    ULL-0

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Now we've been put in our place... Cajun fans run and hide
    Not a shot at your school. Just a response to the post about ACT scores. It is a point of pride for USM fans. It just happened and to be honest it was a surprise to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PR_Eagle View Post
    Painting with a pretty broad brush aren't we?

That one Eagle fan in particular may be delusional, but I doubt many other USM fans who understand football think we're going to blow UL out. Am I expecting to win? Of course. Am I expecting to win by 14 or more? Yep. Would I feel confident enough to bet money on it? No way in hell.

USM-1
    ULL-0
    Personally, as the game draws closer, I am getting more and more nervous.

_ The argument could be made because of your poor conference, but that's another debate
    (Just kidding, chill your boners gentlemen)

Zeebart, what's unbelievable is the amount of assumptions you make. That, friend, is unbelievable.

Who's Brian Mitchell? Never heard of him. _
    You must be young. Most USM people know him. He was arguably the greatest player UL has ever had. Also, the story goes Brett Farve went to USM because Mitchell was already a star QB at U(S)L.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Keith_Mitchell

_ Painting with a pretty broad brush aren't we?

That one Eagle fan in particular may be delusional, but I doubt many other USM fans who understand football think we're going to blow UL out. Am I expecting to win? Of course. Am I expecting to win by 14 or more? Yep. Would I feel confident enough to bet money on it? No way in hell.

USM-1
    ULL-0 _

Dude, you can't kick an extra point withoutscoring a TD.... And there's no way your gonna shut out our offense.... 1-0 ha!!!

_ Painting with a pretty broad brush aren't we?

USM-1
    ULL-0 _

I'm going by what I've read and seen on YOUR message boards. The vast majority of your fans are predicting 50-10 wins. One of your members was absolutely gassed that he read on OUR boards that we thought we had a chance to win. With what I've read recently, I'd say this is a pretty accurate assessment of your fans' views on the game

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ You must be young. Most USM people know him. He was arguably the greatest player UL has ever had. Also, the story goes Brett Farve went to USM was because Mitchell was already a star QB at U(S)L.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Keith_Mitchell _

Favre's pop wanted him to come here but we already had an option QB which is what Favre ran mostly in high school. We wanted him to be a safety and he decided to go to USM because he knew he wasn't going to be given a shot with Mitchell here.

BTW, he has 3 or 4 NFL records and made a good share of pro-bowls (not sure on how many)

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ The argument could be made because of your poor conference, but that's another debate
    Let's nip that debate in the bud...

I once had this same supposition made by an SEC fan friend. He blabbered to me that my UL running back racked up so many yards due to poor SBC opposing defenses and that his RB had to do it against superior defenses in the SEC... Of course, I immediately offered "but our offensive line is monumentally better than yours!"... to which he hurriedly purchased and barked "BS... our offensive line is one of the best in the nation!"... to which I respectfully chipped his brain... "the same one that blocked for that stellar running back of yours."

You are either going to pony up one or the other on Saturday... "damn that Fenroy is good"... or "damn that UL OL can open up holes for that Fenroy"... it will either be one or both.

_ Er, why is there no Edit button?

Two games- Troy, looks like he got injured? Was 1-1/0. _

I am looking forward to getting great pictures of both running backs Saturday.

Someone tell me where there will be two better opposing running backs playing Saturday....

anyone????
    anyone????

Default Re: Cajun Defense Ready To Pressure

Thanks for the analysis and updated depth chart T, I appreciate the hard work.

This is so COOL Re: UL vs USM will be a RUSH

Dude, look at that UCF D-lineman.

Default Re: Opponent View: USM vs UL

Its pretty easy for us as cajuns fans to comprehend, if our D is in fact much improved which I think they are, this will be a much more competitive game than anybody outside of cajun nation believes. Why do I believe this D will be much improved over losing most of our D Line and some secondary members? First, the DT who is coming back couldn't even crack the starting lineup on the depth chart for week 1. He was a little banged up all fall but the development of our other guys was substantial. Our DE's are both bigger and faster than last years starters that we lost but both played a lot last year. We start a Freshman at CB but he has earned the spot over veterans who played a lot last year. His coverage skills are probably the best of our CB's which is why he gets the nod over other guys with more experience. Our entire D rotates a lot of people at every position. We may have a lot of youth but they are experienced. The entire D has bulked up tremendously this year and they have gotten faster. Next, once we had our entire unit on the field for the last 3 games of last year, they allowed a little over 300 yards a game in total yardage. This ocurred once they all got on the field at one time. I believe this D will be faster, stronger, bigger and much more aggressive. Do I think they will turn into LSU's D? Of course not. I do expect them to be a different unit though.

Our offense is experienced all over the field but especially in the skill positions. Our line is young but they've all been playing for at least a year. Our sophomores have more experience than most juniors or seniors on a lot of teams. Our line is well coached and smart. Our skill players are going to be amongst the best in the SBC and if Des is throwing like the coaches are indicating, Smith and Chery will have great years as they are deadly after the catch.

I hope the USM team is taking us as likely as the fans. If you are foolish to go by last year's stats, that is your mistake. This team is coming ready to play. I saw this change in attitude at the last couple of scrimmages and this team is coming to prove something.

Page 54 of 222 FirstFirst ... 44 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 64 ... LastLast

Thread Information