Page 50 of 222 FirstFirst . 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 60 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Parking at USM?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ I didn't think Blake was OC. Maybe a positions coach or something? _
    QB coach, but either way he sucks

Default Re: Southern Miss predictions

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    LOL! And, where's the problem? Missy, we just don't buy into your goofy fact filled predictions on how the game will go. Don't get your feathers in a wad over it.
    My feathers aren't in a wad. I'm not the one calling people names and making personal attacks. That would be you.

Quote Originally Posted by GoEagles View Post
    _ USM - 52
    Ooh La La - 13 _
    You guys had a total offense ranking of 63 and the Cajuns 49th. You ranked 48 in total D and they were 104th. You are playing at home where you averaged 26,000+ last year and the Cajuns are taking their show on the road where they played in front of 100,000+ at Tennessee last year. You have a new coach and the Cajun's coach begins his 7th season. This is a very important year for Coach Bustle and I'm sure his players know it.

All in all, with you playing at home and having a better D (on paper) it would seem that you guys should carry the day. 52-13 might just a tad wishful.

I will go with 30-23 So. Miss. I would be surprised if it turns out to be the cake walk you envision.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    The smack about who will win and why is fun and we shouldn't be sensitive to that, especially given we haven't won much lately. We'll have to prove it on the field. What bothers me and perhaps many others is the reference to us as Ooh La La. That we do take seriously. Our quest is to the common reference of UL and Louisiana, NOT U La La and NOT Louisiana-Lafayette. Our athletic department is putting out material that refers to us only as Louisiana and UL; however, we still have a ways to go for universal acceptance. We would appreciate USM picking up the UL and Louisiana names and not the demeaning U La La.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to the game, but will watch it on your webcast. Looks like UL sold out its 2,500 allottment plus another 500 to 1,000 more attending along with our band. It should be a great atmosphere to open the season. As you can tell, we are highly optimistic about this year and many of us are predicting a Cajun win, which would be an upset. Good luck to USM the rest of the year.
    My bad. It was just a play on words that I've seen used for years. I wasn't aware that you were going through the name change. Even your school's own website refers to you as the University of Louisiana-Lafayette.

You forgot to mention that one side also has a 5-star, 6'6" receiver that runs a 4.5 forty. Your tallest DB is 6'1". Talk about a mis-match. Said WR is also running with the 2nd and 3rd strings because we're so talented and deep at WR. Oh yeah, we also have an All-American TE that no defense has ever had an answer for, along with one of the best running backs in the nation. Our QB's have been very successful going against a better defense all fall than they'll see on Saturday. And it's not like they're true Freshmen. They've been on the team for 2-3 years, have gone through a couple of spring and fall practices, and one has even started a game. If you're expecting our QB to come out and be intimidated, then you're just fooling yourself. The sheer talent around him will make his job simple.
    Wow.good for you to have a 5 star 6'6 wideout.it doesnt mean he runs crisp routes or even has done anything at the college level.thus why (surprise surprise) he's running with the second and 3rd string. Newsflash, we had a guy come to us from bunkie, a borderline 4 star athlete, was 6'6 himself, and ran sub 4.5, but he never understood the game, and thus never played.and that wonderful mismatch you're talking about only happens if the guy is good enough to beat out the guys in front of him on the depth chart. We know that god blessed your team with god given talent that every team in the country would love to have. Newsflash, I don't care who we are playing, you're chances of winning go up exponentially if the other team runs out a true freshman QB playing in his first game ever. In one breath you say you don't think of yourself as BCS, yet a post or 2 later, you claim that

"We finished at #37, ahead of multiple BCS schools, with multiple 3 and 4-star players, and a 5-star player that LSU sent the house to sway their way."

Wake up buddy, you haven't won a game this season, and those 3 and 4 star players still have to prove on the field that they can win. I'm all for keeping this cordial, but coming on here and beating your chest while saying that you're gonna win 400-2 is neither flattering nor reality. You're breaking in new offensive, and defensive systems, new QB, and new defensive line. I do think its possible that you win by double digits, maybe 14 and at the same time I feel its possible for us to do the same, but if you're expecting it to be a 40 pt blowout, you're gonna be dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by 4LSU View Post
    You guys had a total offense ranking of 63 and the Cajuns 49th. You ranked 48 in total D and they were 104th. You are playing at home where you averaged 26,000+ last year and the Cajuns are taking their show on the road where they played in front of 100,000+ at Tennessee last year. You have a new coach and the Cajun's coach begins his 7th season. This is a very important year for Coach Bustle and I'm sure his players know it.

All in all, with you playing at home and having a better D (on paper) it would seem that you guys should carry the day. 52-13 might just a tad wishful.

I will go with 30-23 So. Miss. I would be surprised if it turns out to be the cake walk you envision.
    Out of curiosity, what was the SOS for each team last year? I would assume that USM put up those numbers against stronger opponents.

_ My bad. It was just a play on words that I've seen used for years. I wasn't aware that you were going through the name change. Even your school's own website refers to you as the University of Louisiana-Lafayette.

_
    Here we go! HoustonCajun you have the floor!

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    Wow.good for you to have a 5 star 6'6 wideout.it doesnt mean he runs crisp routes or even has done anything at the college level.thus why (surprise surprise) he's running with the second and 3rd string. Newsflash, we had a guy come to us from bunkie, a borderline 4 star athlete, was 6'6 himself, and ran sub 4.5, but he never understood the game, and thus never played.and that wonderful mismatch you're talking about only happens if the guy is good enough to beat out the guys in front of him on the depth chart. We know that god blessed your team with god given talent that every team in the country would love to have. Newsflash, I don't care who we are playing, you're chances of winning go up exponentially if the other team runs out a true freshman QB playing in his first game ever. In one breath you say you don't think of yourself as BCS, yet a post or 2 later, you claim that

"We finished at #37, ahead of multiple BCS schools, with multiple 3 and 4-star players, and a 5-star player that LSU sent the house to sway their way."

Wake up buddy, you haven't won a game this season, and those 3 and 4 star players still have to prove on the field that they can win. I'm all for keeping this cordial, but coming on here and beating your chest while saying that you're gonna win 400-2 is neither flattering nor reality. You're breaking in new offensive, and defensive systems, new QB, and new defensive line. I do think its possible that you win by double digits, maybe 14 and at the same time I feel its possible for us to do the same, but if you're expecting it to be a 40 pt blowout, you're gonna be dissapointed.
    Trust me, DeAndre Brown will be a superstar at Southern Miss. I've seen him in action in high school, in the Army All-American game, and in camp at Southern Miss. There's a reason that LSU sent their entire offensive coaching staff to his home the day before he committed to USM. He could start for any team in the country, but he's going to have to go out against you guys and prove it on the field before Fedora bumps him ahead of our highly qualified veterans.

And we won't be running out a true freshman at QB. One of the potential starters will be in his 3rd season with us. The other is in his 2nd. They have had ample time to get accustomed to IA football.

You're right. Anything can happen. But all we have to go on right now is history and the level of talent each team has. In both of those areas, USM is waaaay ahead.

_ Trust me, DeAndre Brown will be a superstar at Southern Miss. I've seen him in action in high school, in the Army All-American game, and in camp at Southern Miss. There's a reason that LSU sent their entire offensive coaching staff to his home the day before he committed to USM. He could start for any team in the country, but he's going to have to go out against you guys and prove it on the field before Fedora bumps him ahead of our highly qualified veterans.

And we won't be running out a true freshman at QB. One of the potential starters will be in his 3rd season with us. The other is in his 2nd. They have had ample time to get accustomed to IA football.

You're right. Anything can happen. But all we have to go on right now is history and the level of talent each team has. In both of those areas, USM is waaaay ahead. _
    You guys can say what you want about DeAndre Brown wanting to come to USM and chose them over LSU all you want. The fact is he could not qualify to get into LSU and they have three other WR committed and signed that were better than he was. He went to USM because he could get in there. He did no choose to go there over LSU he chose USM by DEFAULT. He is and will be a really good reciever.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    With all do respect. NO team with a new HC, OC and brand spanking new QB is blowing out ANY team in the first game of the regular season Most defense (good or bad) are light-years ahead of most offenses early in the season, any avid football fan knows that. True, you have a stud at halfback, but you also have a lot of questions marks and unproven players that surround him. A good running game will always help tremendously. but it just so happens that we aren't so bad in that arena of the game either

Homer to Homer this game will shock one nation either way (Cajun Nation or Eagle nation, respectfully)

Cajuns 33
    Eagles 31

and we're bringing the RAGIN' RED ZONE with us baby!
    I'M WITH FOO FOO!

_ Out of curiosity, what was the SOS for each team last year? I would assume that USM put up those numbers against stronger opponents. _
    You guys came in at 83 and the Cajuns 88.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Here we go! HoustonCajun you have the floor! _

If you go to the main campus website for Texas, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Carolina, California, etc., you will find the following official names of the universities:

University of Texas at Austin
    University of Nebraska Lincoln
    University of Wisconsin Madison
    University of Minnesota Twin Cities
    University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
    University of California Berkeley

However, if you go to their athletic websites, you will see Texas, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Carolina and Cal.

The same for UL. We are officially the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Athletically, we are UL and Louisiana. We are striving for that universal reference athletically and appreciate your so acknowledging.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    You guys can say what you want about DeAndre Brown wanting to come to USM and chose them over LSU all you want. The fact is he could not qualify to get into LSU and they have three other WR committed and signed that were better than he was. He went to USM because he could get in there. He did no choose to go there over LSU he chose USM by DEFAULT. He is and will be a really good reciever.
    The NCAA deemed him fully qualified to play for ANY IA team in the country. Whoever told you that was lying.probably a scorned LSU fan that can't admit that they lost out on him.

_ The NCAA deemed him fully qualified to play for ANY IA team in the country. Whoever told you that was lying.probably a scorned LSU fan that can't admit that they lost out on him. _
    The NCAA did deam him eligible, but it was late in the year before he became eligible so LSWho could not wait on him.

_ The NCAA deemed him fully qualified to play for ANY IA team in the country. Whoever told you that was lying.probably a scorned LSU fan that can't admit that they lost out on him. _
    just because the ncaa deemed him qualified does not mean he was deemed qualified by lsu. every school has different admission standards.

Page 50 of 222 FirstFirst . 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 60 . LastLast

Thread Information