Page 46 of 222 FirstFirst . 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Ragin' Cajuns Re: How many

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    _ .fans do you guys think will be in red come this Saturday in Hattiesburg? After reading about the band, 4 Alumni buses going, student buses going, along with the people driving down there like myself, it sounds like we can easily have 2500-3000 fans there. _
    One of their guys in another thread said we sold out all 2,500 tickets that were allotted to the University and there's going to be more than that there because I KNOW I'm not the only one who's bought a ticket AFTER that!!!

Default Re: hotel please

There are no hotels close to the stadium. Most of the motels are west of where I59 and US98 intersect.
    I might suggest staying at motels on Hwy 49 north. The Comfort Inn is a good location. You might search Choicehotels.com for availability. There is a Quality Inn north of there on 49 north also.
    Hillcrest dorm is on the frontage road just north of 4th street. That is the street north of campus.
    I hope all you Cajuns have a safe and great visit to Hattiesburg.

Default Re: Opponent View: USM vs UL

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I think the intangibles are in our favor! The young USM QB (either one) gives up two interceptions and he coughs one up in the backfield for a costly UL fumble recovery. Also look for a blocked punt by our special teams. We're going to rattle them early and they are going to shoot themselves in the foot attempting to save face in front of a large angry USM crowd.

Unfair and unbalanced. that's what I'm talking about! Geaux Cajuns! _
    I think you're going to be disappointed. In you last 5 attempts against us, you've lost by an average score of 8-48. I just can't see anything that would lead to a different result this year. Bower's conservative offenses put up 50 points on you guys. It's hard to imagine what this new and improved offense will do. USM just has too much talent compared to ULL.

Quote Originally Posted by GoEagles View Post
    _ I think you're going to be disappointed. In you last 5 attempts against us, you've lost by an average score of 8-48. I just can't see anything that would lead to a different result this year. Bower's conservative offenses put up 50 points on you guys. It's hard to imagine what this new and improved offense will do. USM just has too much talent compared to UL. _

This guy right here he gets it!

He gets my douchebag of the week award for week one!!!!

Be proud. It's a rare honor.

Default Parking at USM?

I remember seeing it in another post but couldn't find it.can anyone please give me some info on the parking situation at USM?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Opponent View: USM vs UL

_ I think you're going to be disappointed. In you last 5 attempts against us, you've lost by an average score of 8-48. I just can't see anything that would lead to a different result this year. Bower's conservative offenses put up 50 points on you guys. It's hard to imagine what this new and improved offense will do. USM just has too much talent compared to UL. _
    It's been 5 years since the last time you faced us and you've never seen Fenroy OR Desormeaux, plus our D will be much improved over the last couple years. We'll see just how much more talent you guys THINK you have on Saturday!!!

BEAT S. MISS!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ OK I got it--comfort Inn University---close to USM---Dey say!!!!! Now who has the MBLs?????? Maybe the real crowd will be the Northern flow from Gustave!!!!!! Geaux away please!!!! _
    You know if you pass up Hattiesburg, and get to exit #69 the exit is called Eatonville
    Exit 69 is Eatonville

Hilarious.

No hotels there though.

Eatonville. too funny!

Bower's offense was also good enough to get them in bowl games almost every year and a few conference titles. But most importantly, our team now is light years ahead of the teams we had back then based off our key players. Your head coach is making his debut, along with your starting quarterback. Not to mention, your "young" defense is going to be put to the test against a team who was fourth in the nation in rushing last season. Houston fans were saying the same exact thing in 2006 of how they've beaten us in the past, or how Kevin Kolb and Co. were going to throw all over our secondary. Not only did we come from a 21 pt deficit to win at their place, our offense ran it down their throats to where their d-lineman were on one knee trying not to pass out before we scored the winning TD. AND DIDN'T THAT SAME HOUSTON TEAM BEAT SOMEONE FOR THE CUSA TITLE??? All I am saying is that it's the first game of the season and anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue View Post
    _ This guy right here he gets it!

He gets my douchebag of the week award for week one!!!!

Be proud. It's a rare honor. _
    If you think I'm wrong, post some facts to prove me wrong instead of calling me names like a three year old. All that does is make me look even more right.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    _ Bower's offense was also good enough to get them in bowl games almost every year and a few conference titles. But most importantly, our team now is light years ahead of the teams we had back then based off our key players. Your head coach is making his debut, along with your starting quarterback. Not to mention, your "young" defense is going to be put to the test against a team who was fourth in the nation in rushing last season. Houston fans were saying the same exact thing in 2006 of how they've beaten us in the past, or how Kevin Kolb and Co. were going to throw all over our secondary. Not only did we come from a 21 pt deficit to win at their place, our offense ran it down their throats to where their d-lineman were on one knee trying not to pass out before we scored the winning TD. AND DIDN'T THAT SAME HOUSTON TEAM BEAT SOMEONE FOR THE CUSA TITLE??? All I am saying is that it's the first game of the season and anything can happen. _
    So winning 3 games is light years ahead of where you used to be? Ummmmm, okay. If you're expecting us to come out slinging, and see our young QB falter, then you don't know much about Fedora's offense or USM's team. Fedora runs a very balanced offense. We have one of the premier running backs in the nation, and ULaLa has one of the worst rush defenses in the nation. I'm sure that Fedora is aware of that and will be using our running game extensively. That, in turn, will keep your offense on the sideline.

_ So winning 3 games is light years ahead of where you used to be? Ummmmm, okay. If you're expecting us to come out slinging, and see our young QB falter, then you don't know much about Fedora's offense or USM's team. Fedora runs a very balanced offense. We have one of the premier running backs in the nation, and LA has one of the worst rush defenses in the nation. I'm sure that Fedora is aware of that and will be using our running game extensively. That, in turn, will keep your offense on the sideline. _
    Once again, it's the first game of the season. We will all see come Saturday. I still think it's a little rediculous that all these Southern fans are talking as if their team won a BCS title by a coach who hasn't even coached a game yet or a quarterback who hasn't seen the field.

So winning 3 games is light years ahead of where you used to be? Ummmmm, okay. If you're expecting us to come out slinging, and see our young QB falter, then you don't know much about Fedora's offense or USM's team. Fedora runs a very balanced offense. We have one of the premier running backs in the nation, and LA has one of the worst rush defenses in the nation. I'm sure that Fedora is aware of that and will be using our running game extensively. That, in turn, will keep your offense on the sideline.
    HAD one of the worst in 2007. Yep. Can't deny that.

But past performance is not indicative of future results, or at least thats what every financial prospectus and broker will tell you (as they are robbing you blind).

How's you run defense? I believe it will be Mr. Fenroy who will be keeping your offense on the sidelines. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by sethmw View Post
    _ Several cajun fans plan on tailgating at a lot near the Hillcrest Dorm. It is about 3-4 blocks aways from the stadium. That is where USM is directing all UL tailgating. It is near the corner of Hwy 49 and 4th Street. Hope this helps. _
    I like the fact that Hillcrest is listed as "Upper Class Female Dormatory", however, it looks kinda away from the stadium. Its N of the stadium just past the train tracks

http://www.usm.edu/parking/campusmap807.pdf

Default Re: Parking at USM?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ I remember seeing it in another post but couldn't find it.can anyone please give me some info on the parking situation at USM? _
    Don't know if this helps you.
    I just found the PDF of the campus here:
    http://www.usm.edu/parking/campusmap807.pdf

Also, I google mapped Las Hattiesburg. It gave me an idea on my approach

View Larger Map

Default Re: Southern Miss predictions

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
    but your team got whipped by McNeese State last year.
    Don't underestimate a highly motivated opponent.

McNeese had a 20 year old grudge to stew over us and they played like it.

We didn't.

But for the record. and I hate to say it because many of their fans are a s s h o l e s.I'm pretty sure McNeese would have whipped your tail last year too.

Page 46 of 222 FirstFirst . 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 . LastLast

Thread Information