Page 44 of 222 FirstFirst . 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 54 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Southern Miss predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ It was a home game. we didn't respect them. we consider them to be in a lesser league than us. we were overconfident. we forgot that they have talented, gutsy football players too. and we got burned for it._
    we were a bad team dont sugar coat it

as for this year, we will see but i think we are much improved

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ I won't but I won't discount it either. Just something to watch in the future. In terms of our own improvement, So. Miss is definitely the program we need to better compete against for south Louisiana talent. _
    My dad live in Mobile and work at South Al hospital prn, he said that in Alabama it is either Tide or Auburn, that is it. He goes often to watch South Al baseball games (because they are in the SBC not because he is a fan ) and the biggest crowd is when we go and play.

I watched Rice put it to the SoMissers on TV last season after the Nicholls St Colonels put a hickey on Rice.
    Yep, thus a new coach.

Default Re: Opponent View: USM vs UL

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I think the intangibles are in our favor! _

Isn't it supposed to rain all week in Hattiesburg and then clear up on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
    Yep, thus a new coach. _
    JMO, I thought all the injuries to your QBs last season and all those midweek playing dates didn't help.

What's Jeff Bower up to?

JMO, I thought all the injuries to your QBs last season and all those midweek playing dates didn't help.

What's Jeff Bower up to?
    The qb injuries cost the Rice game for sure. Fedora refused to play any midweek games this year. Smart move on his part. All of USM's games are on Saturdays this year. That is great news for USM fans.

My understanding is that Jeff is taking this year off and well more than likely get back into coaching next year. A re-energized and focused Jeff Bower will make some university a great coach. He had become stale with a case of burnout and seemed comfortable with 7-6 seasons. He also thought he was bigger than USM football. He had to go. It was painful, but sometimes change is hard to do and painful when you do it.
    USM was very fortunate to hire a coach like Larry Fedora. He has pumped energy back into the program. Your fans will see that this Saturday night. Can he win football games? That is the part of the equation that has yet to be played out. I think he can and in a big way. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
    _ The qb injuries cost the Rice game for sure. Fedora refused to play any midweek games this year. Smart move on his part. All of USM's games are on Saturdays this year. That is great news for USM fans.

My understanding is that Jeff is taking this year off and well more than likely get back into coaching next year. A re-energized and focused Jeff Bower will make some university a great coach. He had become stale with a case of burnout and seemed comfortable with 7-6 seasons. He also thought he was bigger than USM football. He had to go. It was painful, but sometimes change is hard to do and painful when you do it.
    USM was very fortunate to hire a coach like Larry Fedora. He has pumped energy back into the program. Your fans will see that this Saturday night. Can he win football games? That is the part of the equation that has yet to be played out. I think he can and in a big way. We shall see. _

Aren't the majority of your ballgames scheduled at least a year in advance? Seems like it would be hard for Fedora to come in a determine when games are played.

BTW, wouldn't it be interesting if we do tank it this year if UL went after Bower? Seems like it would be a decent fit if in fact we do get rid of coach Bustle.

Sounds like Jeff may be ready to get back on the sideline just when we may be looking for a proven winner! I would hope that our adm. is already looking into that possibility!

Default UL Tickets SOLD OUT for USM game

See the attached statement from the UL athletic dept. All allotted tickets are sold out, our band is going and our team is ready to play. Should be a great atmosphere as USM will be fired up with their new stadium renovations and new coach.

Ragin' Cajuns Tickets Sold Out
    Courtesy: RaginCajuns.com
    Release: 08/25/2008

http://www.ragincajuns.com

The allotted tickets for the Southern Miss game on August 30 have been sold out at the CAJUNDOME Ticket Office. You can still get your tickets for the game by contacting the Southern Miss Ticket Office. UL fans should request to sit in the visitor section when calling.

The phone numbers to reach the Southern Miss Ticket Office are:

(601) 266-5418, or

(800) 844-8425

10. Default Re: USM Tickets SOLD OUT

That is what I like to see!!!

How many tickets were we allotted?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Aren't the majority of your ballgames scheduled at least a year in advance? Seems like it would be hard for Fedora to come in a determine when games are played.

BTW, wouldn't it be interesting if we do tank it this year if UL went after Bower? Seems like it would be a decent fit if in fact we do get rid of coach Bustle.
    Conference games aren't set until the Spring before the season. Those were the games being played on midweek days. ESPN offered three midweek games and our AD turned them down. Enough was enough. USM has done its share for the conference in playing those dreadful midweek games.

Jeff Bower would be a tremendous hire for UL. I am a big fan of Jeff Bower. 17 years in the same job just took its toll on him. After a year off, he will be rested and anxious to prove himself again. I would love to see him at your school.

Default Re: USM Tickets SOLD OUT

I had to call the USM box office. They took care of me and are very easy to deal with.
    igeaux.mobi

Ragin' Cajuns Re: USM Tickets SOLD OUT

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ See the attached statement from the UL athletic dept. All allotted tickets are sold out, our band is going and our team is ready to play. Should be a great atmosphere as USM will be fired up with their new stadium renovations and new coach.

Ragin' Cajuns Tickets Sold Out
    Release: 08/25/2008

http://www.ragincajuns.com

The allotted tickets for the Southern Miss game on August 30 have been sold out at the CAJUNDOME Ticket Office. You can still get your tickets for the game by contacting the Southern Miss Ticket Office. UL fans should request to sit in the visitor section when calling.

The phone numbers to reach the Southern Miss Ticket Office are:

(601) 266-5418, or

(800) 844-8425 _
    I just called USM's ticket office a while ago. They told me that the entire section for CAJUNS fans were sold out and I would have to get a ticket in the next section over. Guess that's where I'll be sitting!!!

Default Re: USM Tickets SOLD OUT

Awesome news guys!

Should be a great atmosphere on Saturday!

_ Question for So Miss fans reading this forum -

Who is your football "rival"? _
    Depends on who you ask. Most will say Memphis and Tulane. That's what I say. If you ask a video game like NCAA 09, it will say everyone in Conference USA.

Page 44 of 222 FirstFirst . 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 54 . LastLast

Thread Information