Page 33 of 222 FirstFirst . 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Southern Miss game

Quote Originally Posted by BrudaCajun View Post
    _ How much $? _
    $37

Default Re: Southern Miss game

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    What you should have done is defied her and loaded up the old shopping cart and pushed the envelope. That may have resulted in a little bit of a ____y mood, but at least you would know how future issues might play out, and she would know that your wild Ragin Cajun Apparel Buying horses cannot be tamed. And if she would have broken up with you for it, then at least you would have had some cool new digs to pick up other chicks with at Cajun games.

If anyone else needs any relationship advice or counseling, I'm always here for you.

Hardy St runs right along the southern end of their campus, about a mile east of I-35, with the stadium looking like its about in the middle of campus. There is a group of hotels near the intersection of Hardy and I-35, as well as along the Highway that intersects I-35 about a mile north of Hardy. This is just what I was able to gather from Google Earth when I booked our hotel.
    you can see the stadium from Hardy strett. it is very easy to find. I really wish Lafayette supported UL the way Hattiesburg supports USM>

Default Re: UL gets serious in 2nd practice game

McGuire did not play.

Masson looked uneasy in the pocket but he was usually with the second unit line also.

Rb's looked fine. Fenroy is a stud and clearly the best player on the field. Desormeaux played well enough. Again, they are really not giving him enough looks downfield. I thought Shankle was going to be out for the year but I guess the broken ankle was not an issue?? He did look pretty good though. Yobes, to me, seems to be the backup right now ahead of Dupre and I think he just possesses much more talent.

Kelley was running with first team offense as slot receiver and Ladarious Green got a lot of play with the first team also.

The added bulk on the D front was noticable and I liked what I saw in the run D for the most part.

The best part of the day was the overall attitude and intensity with which both sides played with. There was a lot of jawing going on between both units as it got a little testy several times. Neither side wanted to give an inch and I like that they were really trying to outdo one another. Both units played with a lot of spirit. If they play with that type of attitude the whole year, they can make some noise.

It was great to see Lanier Coleman getting into with Fisher and Roberson had to be restrained from coach Jenkins as they got into a heated argument. You can tell that even Mike wanted to take the yellow jersey off and get after it as well. Like I said, there was a lot of jawing and I think that this team needs to play with some attitude. The coaches were laying into the players pretty well when they slacked off.

I liked what I saw from Nate Douglas and Richard Brooks at LB also. Someone is going to have to step up for Fred Davis' loss and they both had their moments. Daylon McCoy looked good also. I was most impressed defensively with Kyron Benoit. He looked like he gained good weight and was really hitting well and played a good bit with the first team. He has some promise. Bentley also played with the first team and I think he made some nice plays. The CB's played much better and showed more improvement from last year and Blount really looks like he is the general out there in the D backfield and he layed out Walker pretty good too.

All in all, it was a good scrimmage. I thought I saw some good things and a lot of emotion.

Default Re: Scrimmage #2

I didn't realize Des had that many throwing yards. He looked pretty good though. Fenroy is just a stud period.Gauthier is the future of this offense as he will be a stud as well. I saw some good play on D with players like Bentley, Kyron Benoit, Daylon McCoy, Blount playing well and I liked what I saw with Nate Douglas and Richard Brooks at LB in place of Burkhalter and Fred Davis. Zanders will have a big year and I love the intensity he plays with.

Emotion and intensity were definitely present and I liked what I saw

I got caught up in something earlier, so I only caught the back half of the scrimmage.One thing that's undeniable is that ball control by the backfield was really sloppy. I captured far more pictures of loose balls flopping all over the place than I did first downs/TDs.

Obviously you don't expect crisp execution this early in the season, but what caught my attention was that I caught 3 different backs in the matter of the last 4 or 5 series who were playing hot potato.

On the bright side, from what little I've seen this year, UL's backfield looks to have the potential of being deep. I'm not sure who #45 is, but that's one big FB, or at the very least exhibits a very imposing presence. Unfortunately, I think Fenroy's day was over by the time I got there, which bummed me out, because I really wanted to catch a glimpse of him in action.

Only time will truly tell, and I'm sure I'll catch several more practices over the next week or so, which will provide a much better overall pictureHonestly, is there anything better than this time of year?

Quote Originally Posted by LSUConnMan View Post

Only time will truly tell, and I'm sure I'll catch several more practices over the next week or so, which will provide a much better overall pictureHonestly, is there anything better than this time of year? _
    Yea, there is one thing. UL finally going bowling and winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ I woke up to head to the scrimmage and heard the rain outside so I couldn't make myself get out of bed lol

Any word on how it went? _
    I was really surprised to see the weather change that quickly myself.I was looking out my window anticipating Moses' Arc to make a stop on the corner of Bertrand and Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun2010 View Post
    _ Yea, there is one thing. UL finally going bowling and winning. _

Eh, glass half empty. If they win a Bowl, that means the season's over, and there's no more football for 8 months.

_ Eh, glass half empty. If they win a Bowl, that means the season's over, and there's no more football for 8 months. _

Yes you do have a good point, but if we do have a successful season with a bowl win, those 8 months will fly by and the satisfaction of finally having a good season will last me a while.

_ I was really surprised to see the weather change that quickly myself.I was looking out my window anticipating Moses' Arc to make a stop on the corner of Bertrand and Congress. _
    With the way it was raining i thought for sure the scrimmage would be in the IPF but I was wrong. I'll be at the next scrimmage though.cant resist watching football.

_ I got caught up in something earlier, so I only caught the back half of the scrimmage.One thing that's undeniable is that ball control by the backfield was really sloppy. I captured far more pictures of loose balls flopping all over the place than I did first downs/TDs.

Obviously you don't expect crisp execution this early in the season, but what caught my attention was that I caught 3 different backs in the matter of the last 4 or 5 series who were playing hot potato.

On the bright side, from what little I've seen this year, UL's backfield looks to have the potential of being deep. I'm not sure who #45 is, but that's one big FB, or at the very least exhibits a very imposing presence. Unfortunately, I think Fenroy's day was over by the time I got there, which bummed me out, because I really wanted to catch a glimpse of him in action.

Chancellor Roberson.You should have seen him and coach Jenkins get into it. He wanted to get it on. I want him to run short yardage this year, he's a beast

12. UL Football Prime time: Cajuns' defense proving to have some bite

It only took Michael Desormeaux five snaps before the whispers started.

On a quarterback sprint out, Desormeaux threatened the defense with the run, then pulled up and hit a streaking Jason Chery behind a fooled secondary for a 64-yard touchdown bomb.

And just that quick, on the second series between UL's first team offense and defense during Saturday's scrimmage, the nightmare of the 2007 season was unraveling again at Cajun Field.

Or was it?

The rest of the story

Bob Heist • bheist@theadvertiser.com • August 17, 2008

13. UL Football Defense shines in UL scrimmage

LAFAYETTE — The University of Louisiana defense displayed its new “TNT” slogan with authority Saturday morning during an intrasquad scrimmage at Cajun Field.

UL’s defenders recovered three fumbles and had clearly seized momentum by the time coaches ended the two-hour, game-situation practice.

Defensive coordinator Kevin Fouquier said the defense has selected a motto — tackles and turnovers — this year after finishing near the bottom of the Sun Belt Conference in just about every defensive category in 2007.

That sense of improvement could be seen frequently on Saturday, Fouquier said.

“I saw a defense that was playing with a great attitude and passion today.

The rest of the story

By BOB ARDOIN
    Special To The Advocate

14. UL Football Extraordinary on the ground, UL seeks balance

LAFAYETTE, LA (AP) - The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns know one thing about the upcoming season - they should be able to run the football about as well as anyone.

Less certain is the Cajuns' ability to throw the football and play defense. How balanced they become will be the key to their season.

UL, 3-9 last season and 3-4 in the Sun Belt Conference, ranked seventh in the nation in rushing yards per game last season with 251.6. Quarterback Michael Desormeaux and running back Tyrell Fenroy, both of whom rushed for 1,000 yards last season, are back for their senior years.

The rest of the story

UL Football Re: Southern Miss game

I think when we win on a consistent basis like Southern Miss the city will come around.
    We can start by taking it to the Eagles on Game Day and winning it.

CC

Page 33 of 222 FirstFirst . 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 . LastLast

Thread Information