Page 32 of 222 FirstFirst . 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 42 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

1. Default Re: Southern Miss game

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    What you should have done is defied her and loaded up the old shopping cart and pushed the envelope. That may have resulted in a little bit of a ____y mood, but at least you would know how future issues might play out, and she would know that your wild Ragin Cajun Apparel Buying horses cannot be tamed. And if she would have broken up with you for it, then at least you would have had some cool new digs to pick up other chicks with at Cajun games.

If anyone else needs any relationship advice or counseling, I'm always here for you.
    Dude, you are an idiot.

Default Re: UL gets serious in 2nd practice game

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    If anyone attended this scrimmage, please post your impressions of what you saw. I have company in town and could not attend.

3. Default Re: UL gets serious in 2nd practice game

I second that motion.
    I'm very interested. The "S"advertiser had a lot to say about it. Even a little hype, if thats possible when referring to an inter-squad scrimage.

Default Scrimmage #2

I woke up to head to the scrimmage and heard the rain outside so I couldn't make myself get out of bed lol

Any word on how it went?

Desormeaux looked ok throwing the ball. He has good arm strength as he completed a bomb to Chery that carried 50 yards in the air and he was not really set.

Blaine Guthier is our best quarterback on this team. He was very impressive both running and throwing the ball. He had a 50 yard run and completed many balls. He is also very comfortable in the pocket and at any minute he can take off and run. I still hope he redshirts.

Masson got sacked more times than he had completions. He did fire one or two darts for strikes but they were pretty easy throws. He struggled in the pocket big time.

McGuire I can not remember much on him.

Keldric White looks to be more of an athlete than QB. Tall and lanky. I see him as a WR or slash (Kordell Stewart).

The walk on QB did throw a TD.

All the RB's looked very good. Fenroy is bigger and faster than last year. He broke a 35 yard run by bouncing of a defender, breaking a tackle, splitting two defenders that had an angle, then he out ran the secondary.

Yobes Walker is the real deal. Ran very well for a freshman and looks very athletic. He will be an all conference player before it is over.

Julian Shankle looked very good also. Showed a couple of nice moves and picked up yardage. I really liked him in the spring also.

Matt Dupre continues to run well.

We used the tight end much more today. Ulm, Jones, and Desormeaus all had nice catches.

Chery scored on a bomb 60+ yards and had a couple of other nice catches and runs.

Smith never had any good chance for receptions. Most balls thrown to him were under thrown and he had to become a defender.

I don't have anything on the defense because I was watching offense today. I can say they did get to the QB alot today and forced alot of turnovers. They did do a good job in goal line situations.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ Desormeaux looked ok throwing the ball. He has good arm strength as he completed a bomb to Chery that carried 50 yards in the air and he was not really set.

Blaine Guthier is our best quarterback on this team. He was very impressive both running and throwing the ball. He had a 50 yard run and completed many balls. He is also very comfortable in the pocket and at any minute he can take off and run. I still hope he redshirts.

McGuire got sacked more times than he had completions. He did fire one or two darts for strikes but they were pretty easy throws. He struggled in the pocket big time.

Masson I can not remember much on him.

Keldric White looks to be more of an athlete than QB. Tall and lanky. I see him as a WR or slash (Kordell Stewart).

All the RB's looked very good. Fenroy is bigger and faster than last year. He broke a 35 yard run by bouncing of a defender, breaking a tackle, splitting two defenders that had an angle, then he out ran the secondary.

Yobes Walker is the real deal. Ran very well for a freshman and looks very athletic. He will be an all conference player before it is over.

Julian Shankle looked very good also. Showed a couple of nice moves and picked up yardage. I really liked him in the spring also.

We used the tight end much more today. Ulm, Jones, and Desormeaus all had nice catches.

Chery scored on a bomb 60+ yards and had a couple of other nice catches and runs.

Smith never had any good chance for receptions. Most balls thrown to him were under thrown and he had to become a defender.

I don't have anything on the defense because I was watching offense today. I can say they did get to the QB alot today and forced alot of turnovers. They did do a good job in goal line situations. _

Thanks for the rundown. Any injuries?

Z

Nothing seemed serious. Everyone walked off the field.

Default Re: Southern Miss game

Ive been lookin on line for tickets, and haven't found a link. Does anyone know where to get tickets.

I was hoping that we would get away from the no huddle offense this year. Huddling would give our defense more actual time on the sidelines as well as chewing up the clock and shortening the game. I believe last years defense was put in some bad situations having to come back on the field after a 3 and out and only 1 minute off the clock and maybe 3 to 5 minutes of actual rest time. As thin as we are on that side of the ball all the rest we can give them will only benefit us as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    _ Ive been lookin on line for tickets, and haven't found a link. Does anyone know where to get tickets. _
    I bought my at the Cajun Dome box office

12. UL Football Saturday Aug. 16 - Scrimmage #2

Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns enjoyed their second fall scrimmage on Saturday morning at Cajun Field. Overcast skies and rain initially moved the scrimmage over to the Leon Moncla Indoor Practice Facility, but the rain stopped and the skies cleared to move things back to Cajun Field. The team finished stretching inside before relocating to the game field to begin the scrimmage.

The offense was hot early, but eventually the defense turned the corner and had a good outing.

“We did everything as far as the script was concerned,” head coach Rickey Bustle explained. “We got good work. I thought our offense came out early and made some big plays. The defense was kind of down and we gave up a big run and a big throw.

The defense stuffed the offense on the first two series, but the offense rallied to get the early momentum. Michael Desormeaux hit speedster Jason Chery with a 64-yard deep pass that sailed over the defense for an easy score.

Desormeaux finished 12-of-18 passing for 192 yards and one score. Back-up Chris Masson completed his first pass for 34 yards, but then misfired on his next six attempts. He finished 2-of-8 for 43 yards. Freshman Brady Thomas accounted for the Cajuns other passing score, a four-yard touchdown to fellow frosh Ladarius Green.

Freshman quarterback Blaine Gauthier was 6-of-6 passing for 90 yards and ran six times for 53 yards, including a two-yard rushing score.

Chery and Green led all receivers with three receptions apiece. Chery had a team-high 83 yards.

Tyrell Fenroy kept the offense rolling as he rumbled 43 yards for a touchdown on his second carry of the day. Fenroy was limited to just three carries, earning 55 yards. Back-up Yobes Walker had a team-high 12 rushing attempts for 47 yards. Matt Dupre led three other running backs with eight carries, finishing with 35 yards and a pair of four-yard scoring runs.

The offense continued to drive the ball over the next three series until an errant snap led to a fumble recovery by linebacker Daylon McCoy. McCoy’s recovery pushed the momentum toward the defense that would carry over for the remainder of the scrimmage.

The next series saw a three-and-out by the offense thanks to consecutive sacks by the defense.

“All of a sudden the momentum changed,” Bustle stated. “Our defense stepped up and started playing with more emotion. We made a mistake there on a snap where we had a drive and we lost the football. We were down there with the number one unit on the goal line and turned it over. We’ve got to straighten those things out.

Masson was the favorite target of the Cajuns defense, as he was sacked eight times, including six times in the first half. The defense finished with nine sacks.

Freshman Emeka Onyenekwu recovered another fumble for the defense to keep the offense under wraps.

“The defense started out a little bit slow,” Bustle said. “They picked it up and I think the momentum just switched like it does in the game some times.

“One of the things we’re harping on is getting those turnovers. I saw stripped balls today, which is good for the defense and bad for the offense, but that is something that we want to create defensively.

“It’s something we are emphasizing, and I think you get what you emphasize. We’re emphasizing five turnovers a day in practice.

“You take the good things and you build on them, and you correct the bad things. And sometimes on film things aren’t ever as good or bad as they seem, so the obvious things we can correct hopefully, and just keep building on them.”

The Cajuns will practice on Monday and Tuesday afternoon before holding their final fall scrimmage on Wednesday. Wednesday will mark the conclusion of fall camp, as the team will start their game week preparations a few days early.

RaginCajuns.com

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ Desormeaux looked ok throwing the ball. He has good arm strength as he completed a bomb to Chery that carried 50 yards in the air and he was not really set.

McGuire got sacked more times than he had completions. He did fire one or two darts for strikes but they were pretty easy throws. He struggled in the pocket big time.

Masson I can not remember much on him.

I don't have anything on the defense because I was watching offense today. I can say they did get to the QB alot today and forced alot of turnovers. They did do a good job in goal line situations. _
    I will edit my post. Masson struggled at QB not McGuire. McGuire may not have played.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    _ Ive been lookin on line for tickets, and haven't found a link. Does anyone know where to get tickets. _
    Call Shivaun Bertrand Monday morning at the Cajundome. Maybe she can Fed ex them to you?

337 265-2100
    direct line 337 265-2357

email

sbertrand@cajundome.com

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ I bought my at the Cajun Dome box office _
    How much $?

Page 32 of 222 FirstFirst . 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 42 . LastLast

Thread Information