Page 30 of 222 FirstFirst . 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 40 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Southern Miss game

I'm heading out there the Friday night to scope out the bar scene. I think I'm staying at the Confort Inn Campus. I just need to remember to get my ticket.
    igeaux.mobi

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by BrudaCajun View Post
    Girlfriend and I are going, although Z probably thinks I shouldn't bring her. We are driving back that night. I know my brother is going.
    She wouldn't let you buy a shirt, but she'll let you take her on a road trip to Hattiesburg? Maybe Z was right. :-)

I'll be there with 3 others. Tickets already purchased, hotel already booked. Arriving Saturday morning, hopefully with a healthy lather already going.

cjr, be sure to use the igeaux to give us some up to the minute reports on that there suthun meiss nat laf.

Anyone have an idea where they'll be tailgating? I have a buddy who went to USM that we're meeting there, who invited us to tailgate with him and his frat bros. I'm sure it'll be quite a scene, but probably won't be near enough red in that party, so I'll be trying to catch up with some Cajun fans.

igeaux.mobi

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Southern Miss game

My god-daughter, a brand-spankin' new FRESHMAN at UL, her dad, and ME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I'm heading out there the Friday night to scope out the bar scene. I think I'm staying at the Confort Inn Campus. I just need to remember to get my ticket.
    igeaux.mobi
    You have to check out the Bottling Company or Ropers. The difference between the two are like Cowboys compared to City Bar Downtown.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ just wondering---How does one fly into hat-burg??? Is it through NO??? _
    At one time you would go through Memphis(Northwest). Memphis had 1 or 2 flights a day in to Hattiesburg. With all the cutbacks the airlines are making, I dont know if this route is still viable??

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ She wouldn't let you buy a shirt, but she'll let you take her on a road trip to Hattiesburg? Maybe Z was right. :-)

I'll be there with 3 others. Tickets already purchased, hotel already booked. Arriving Saturday morning, hopefully with a healthy lather already going.

cjr, be sure to use the igeaux to give us some up to the minute reports on that there suthun meiss nat laf.

Anyone have an idea where they'll be tailgating? I have a buddy who went to USM that we're meeting there, who invited us to tailgate with him and his frat bros. I'm sure it'll be quite a scene, but probably won't be near enough red in that party, so I'll be trying to catch up with some Cajun fans.

igeaux.mobi _
    No, she let me get 1 shirt, I wanted to get much more. Women

The old lady just informed me that she would like to stay the night. Any suggestions, I have family that live in Meridian but it is like 1-1/2 hours northeast.

What about an address to the stadium so I can look it up on maquest

7. Default Re: Southern Miss game

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ At one time you would go through Memphis(Northwest). Memphis had 1 or 2 flights a day in to Hattiesburg. With all the cutbacks the airlines are making, I dont know if this route is still viable?? _
    Z-what about a charter for a team????---Is the runway up to a team flight???

Quote Originally Posted by BrudaCajun View Post
    _ .she let me get 1 shirt.
    am I the only person that sees this red flag???

No wife "lets" you do anything. if a girlfriend does it. run do not walk.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about

"she let you???"

AAAAAUUUUUGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ Z-what about a charter for a team????---Is the runway up to a team flight??? _
    3.5 hours Boomer, the guys are gonna bus it.

Z

10. Default Re: Southern Miss game

I was thinking long distance CUSA members---UTEP, ECU, etc.

11. UL Football Thursday Practice

Ragin’ Cajun’s football continued in full swing Thursday, ending outside the Leon Moncla Indoor Practice Facility with a varsity period, focusing on several different areas of the game.

Though not quite as intense as Tuesday’s drills, Thursday’s practice showed definite improvement since Monday.

“We made some significant strides,” tight end coach Troy Wingerter said. “Every single day, that number [of errors] reduces, from the first day we started, it has gotten less and less and less, almost exponentially. Watching these guys get better is really awesome.”

In the team practices, progress is apparent as the group tries to find ways to come together before the first game in sixteen days, on Aug. 30 at Southern Miss, including exercises specifically designed for team building.

“The fast and furious pace of the defense is a real big boost, a real big tempo boost, a real big excitement boost for the team,” Wingerter said. “With the team building exercises we’re doing with [passing game and quarterbacks] coach Munoz at night, you can see there’s a level of accountability that exists with each other that hasn’t existed as much in the past as it does right now.”

Despite the progress, there is still work to be done.

“Unfortunately, today was riddled with inconsistencies,” Wingerter said. “Some of that’s got to do with a lot of young guys, but a lot of these young guys have played, so there’s no excuse. The bottom line is that the good teams aren’t just good when it’s Saturday night. They’re good every day and in every practice.”

The Cajuns practice on Friday at 3:30 p.m. in preparation for Saturday’s 8:45 a.m. scrimmage on Cajun Field.

RaginCajuns.com

12. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Southern Miss game

A buddy of mine and I are going up there on Friday morning. Gonna park the RV and get our party onnnnn!!!!!! Gonna cook a round steak and rice and gravy, drink a few cool pops and get ready for the RAGIN CAJUNS to WIN!!!!!

GO CAJUNS!!!!!

_ I was thinking long distance CUSA members---UTEP, ECU, etc. _
    My guess is they fly into New Orleans and then bus it up to Hattiesburg.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    watch around poplarville - dry county and they take it seriously.
    I will be driving up from Bay St Louis, don't know if my wife is ready to see me at a game yet or not - I don't know if the 8 years that we've been married has prepared her yet.

I don't know if I'm going to stay that night or not. If I do it will probably be just south on 49 at Paul B Johmson _
    Pearl River County. Dry as in you can't buy it but that's what the highway over to Bogalusa is there for. I believe folks do drink in PRC. lol!!!

15. Default Re: Southern Miss game

Me and the misses are going up Friday night. Can't wait.

Page 30 of 222 FirstFirst . 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 40 . LastLast

Thread Information