Page 29 of 222 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

Default Re: Tuesday Practice Observations/Slide show

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Clark is the only one not on campus. He didn't qualify; Wilson and White are just waiting on the Clearing House to approve several courses. Adrian Breaux enrolled and should re-sign in the spring. Sowell signed a track scholarship, he does not count against football now. _
    Adrian Breaux is a name I don't recall seeing before. Was he a late signee?

2. UL Football Fall Practice Wednesday

Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns practiced on Wednesday on the athletic practice fields, inside the Leon Moncla Indoor Practice Facility and at Cajun Field. The team began the day on the practice fields and indoors before moving to Cajun Field.

Practice ended with an extended varsity period that began with third down plays. Each of the offensive unit’s only converted 1-of-6 opportunities of varying length.

“The defense dominated the third down battle,” head coach Rickey Bustle said. “The first team offense only picked-up one first down and they have to get better at that.”

Following the third down drills, the teams battled one another in a game situation inside the 30-yard line. The offense scored on three of their four possessions.

"We ran a sudden change at the defense,” Bustle explained. “It’s a situation where the offense needs to get into the end zone, but the defense needs to shut them down.

“After having a tough time on third downs, the offense did a great job to score.”

There were nearly as many penalty flags thrown in Wednesday’s short varsity session as there were in Saturday’s 117 play scrimmage.

“We had too many flags,” Bustle stated. “A couple of them were motion things that we need to get worked out. The coaches should be able to fix a lot of the problems.”

The team will continue to practice during the rest of the week at 3:30 p.m. leading up to Saturday morning’s scrimmage at 8:45 a.m.

Play of the Day.True freshman Ladarius Green of Pensacola, Fla. made a spectacular catch during the live work. The 6-foot-5, 220 pound tight end reached for a pass over the middle by Chris Masson but was drilled in the chest by cornerback Junior Jean right as the ball arrived. Green was slammed hard to the ground but held onto the ball.

RaginCajuns.com

3. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns beef up on D-line

When former UL Ragin' Cajun offensive lineman Gerald Broussard returned to his alma mater this spring to join the staff as defensive line coach, he brought with him an appetite to play physical and an appetite to win.

But most of all, he brought with him an appetite.

And it showed in the offseason, as the returning defensive linemen packed on the pounds across the board.

The rest of the story

Brady Aymond • baymond@theadvertiser.com • August 14, 2008

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns beef up on D-line

Hat's off the Lanier Coleman for all of his work. Lanier definitely adds serious depth to the DL.

His football career at UL would be a great story to read about.

UL Football Who is going to the Southern Miss game

Who is making the trip to Hattiesburg. Myself and a couple of friends have logged in to take the alumni bus.

Should be a great time, especially after we win.

CC

Default Re: Southern Miss game

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    _ Who is making the trip to Hattiesburg. Myself and a couple of friends have logged in to take the alumni bus.

Should be a great time, especially after we win.

CC _
    Me and three friends will be making the trip. Bought the tickets today!

Me plus 5 staying at the Hilton Garden Inn.

Girlfriend and I are going, although Z probably thinks I shouldn't bring her. We are driving back that night. I know my brother is going.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BrudaCajun View Post
    _ Girlfriend and I are going, although Z probably thinks I shouldn't bring her. We are driving back that night. I know my brother is going. _

LOL!! Driving in from Tuscaloosa, meeting the two young uns who are driving up from Lafayette. 3 of us.

I, along with a few friends, will be making the trip as well.

11. Default Re: Southern Miss game

me and my dad, my uncle, a friend and his dad, and maybe my cousin

12. Default Re: Southern Miss game

just wondering---How does one fly into hat-burg??? Is it through NO???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    just wondering---How does one fly into hat-burg??? Is it through NO???

Yes, if you do about a case, case and a half of the Beast on the way up there.

By the way, there's a little town up there between Poplarville and Hattiesburg that is the home of Dizzie Dean.Lumberton maybe, I forget.

watch around poplarville - dry county and they take it seriously.
    I will be driving up from Bay St Louis, don't know if my wife is ready to see me at a game yet or not - I don't know if the 8 years that we've been married has prepared her yet.

I don't know if I'm going to stay that night or not. If I do it will probably be just south on 49 at Paul B Johmson

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNryan4 View Post
    me and my dad, my uncle, a friend and his dad, and maybe my cousin
    My brother (lives in Slidell) and I are going.

Page 29 of 222 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 . LastLast

Thread Information