Page 28 of 222 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 38 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2008 Football

UL Football Re: Cajuns Complete First Fall Scrimmage

Does anyone know the outcome of Jamal's MRI?

I have been on the road for the past two weeks due to work.

Default Re: Cajuns Complete First Fall Scrimmage

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ Having the QB under center allows the staff to run some play action throwing the ball down the field. So yes, I think you will see more of that formation this season, then in the past few years. _

I've been begging for them to do this more throughout the game for 2 years now. I'm glad they will implement it more to throw teams off a bit and use a little variety from the normal shotgun zone option. Mike can probably run a mean bootleg out of the I or power formation.

Default Tuesday Practice Observations/Slide show

Default Re: Tuesday Practice Observations/Slide show

Good report.thanks

Thanks T. I am extremely hopeful for the young guys like L. Green, Bentley and Dean amongst others. I think each will help extensively at their given positions. I also look for Cook to start at DE over Hall but I'm not sure how the coaches have them projected or how they are filling depth charts right now. Is Ladarius Green playing mostly at TE or WR?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Thanks T. I am extremely hopeful for the young guys like L. Green, Bentley and Dean amongst others. I think each will help extensively at their given positions. I also look for Cook to start at DE over Hall but I'm not sure how the coaches have them projected or how they are filling depth charts right now. Is Ladarius Green playing mostly at TE or WR? _
    He is working TE period. He will be a big mismatch against LB'ers with his speed.

_ Thanks T. I am extremely hopeful for the young guys like L. Green, Bentley and Dean amongst others. I think each will help extensively at their given positions. I also look for Cook to start at DE over Hall but I'm not sure how the coaches have them projected or how they are filling depth charts right now. Is Ladarius Green playing mostly at TE or WR? _
    Hall will be the starter.he is big and fast. cook will get plenty of playing time however

8. Default Re: Tuesday Practice Observations/Slide show

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    How many of our signees are not here ?????? Seems like a lot of commits are not present!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ How many of our signees are not here ?????? Seems like a lot of commits are not present!!!! _
    Clark is the only one not on campus. He didn't qualify; Wilson and White are just waiting on the Clearing House to approve several courses. Adrian Breaux enrolled and should re-sign in the spring. Sowell signed a track scholarship, he does not count against football now.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Hall will be the starter.he is big and fast. cook will get plenty of playing time however _

Well, the time that I've seen Cook on the field has done nothing but make plays. He had a great spring game and I've heard he has looked great. I guess the starter rotation at DE will be decided but my feeling is that it would be Cook. Either way they will both get tons of playing time.

I agree, Green will be a great matchup for us on opposite safeties and LB's

_ Well, the time that I've seen Cook on the field has done nothing but make plays. He had a great spring game and I've heard he has looked great. I guess the starter rotation at DE will be decided but my feeling is that it would be Cook. Either way they will both get tons of playing time.

I agree, Green will be a great matchup for us on opposite safeties and LB's _
    Don't get me wrong I like Cook a lot but I like Richardson and Hall too a lot. I think we have 3 good DE's and we can go wrong any way we go. Green will be a good one.Luke Aubrey impressed me during the scrimmage Saturday as well

12. UL Football Fall Practice Tuesday

Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns worked primarily in the Leon Moncla Indoor Practice Facility on Tuesday. The team enjoyed a morning walk-through before hitting the practice field for 11 periods in the afternoon.

The full pads from Monday’s practice were lightened to should pads on Tuesday. The change, coupled with several outspoken coaches of the previous day’s lackluster effort, helped the team bound back.

“The morning (walk-through) was very good,” linebackers coach Tim Rebowe said. “We spent a lot of time on individual work. the guys came out determined. They knew that we didn’t have a good day yesterday and things were very positive (on Tuesday).

“We came back in the afternoon and got after each other a little bit. Both sides of the ball had good thing happen.”

The Cajuns veteran leaders were ready to police any subpar effort, but weren’t needed. The entire team was energized and focused from the onset of practice.

“I saw a lot of guys step up,” Rebowe stated. “They didn’t have to get on guys. The workmanlike attitude and encouragement helped fuel everyone.”

Both the offense and defense are still installing plays and packages which make for mentally and physically challenging practices. The team is expected to have everything in by Saturday’s scrimmage.

“The guys need to get into their playbooks,” Rebowe added. “Hopefully next week is fine tuning.”

The Cajuns will practice the rest of the week at 3:30p.m. Saturday’s scrimmage is slated to begin between around 8:45a.m.

Injury update: Offensive lineman Nasser Jamal, who sustained a serious knee injury in the first half of Saturday’s scrimmage, is out indefinitely. He will be re-evaluated in one month.

RaginCajuns.com

13. UL Football HOG HEAVEN: Cajuns boast experienced offensive line

Every football coach wants his younger players to get as much experience as possible.

But this spring wasn't the way UL offensive coordinator Ron Hudson envisioned it happening.

The Ragin' Cajuns ended spring drills with four offensive line starters out

and finished the annual spring game with only eight offensive linemen.

"Spring seemed like it was just a really bad run of events," UL junior center Chris Fisher said. "Me breaking my hand, Kyle (Pirtle) was out with knee surgery, (Brad) Bustle ended up going down about halfway through - it just seemed like it would never end."

It finally did end, but not until spring drills were complete.

The rest of the story

Brady Aymond • baymond@theadvertiser.com • August 13, 2008

Hey Cajun T,

Thank you for your reports! Keep up the good work.

Question:
    How is Kyron Benoit from Crowley making his transition from Safety to Linebacker? I haven't heard anything about him, either good or bad.

I know he is a fast guy 4.5 40. Does this translate well into the position he is playing?

Do you see him redshirting this year? I know he is a little light, so I would guess yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Civil Cajun View Post
    _ Hey Cajun T,

Thank you for your reports! Keep up the good work.

Question:
    How is Kyron Benoit from Crowley making his transition from Safety to Linebacker? I haven't heard anything about him, either good or bad.

I know he is a fast guy 4.5 40. Does this translate well into the position he is playing?

Do you see him redshirting this year? I know he is a little light, so I would guess yes. _
    I spoke to Kyron Benoit at fan day and he seemed to be very happy and enjoying football. He looks to have put on at least 10 pounds of good weight since HS. He is a good kid and a good athlete. I would think he is a definate red shirt with all the experience we have a LB this season. He also needs at least 10 more lbs. to play college LB.

Page 28 of 222 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 38 . LastLast

Thread Information